PDA

View Full Version : My beautiful dragon babies :)

luckies4me
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
OK I will try this again as the last time I tried to post my computer crashed. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I figured it was due time to post some new pics of Spike since I haven't in about a year. Also, Spike has a girlfriend now, Sunflower. I drove up to Portland to buy her. Dylan helped me pick her out and he's totally smitten by her. She was the cutest girl in the clutch and looks just like her mom Rosa. She is a Blood X Blood hatchling and should throw some excellent colored babies. She won't be a year old until July this year, so I have a few more months (18 months is a good first time breeding age for females) before she can be bred, but I'm expecting some very nice colored, docile babies out of her and Spike. Spike is estimated to be around 5 so he's getting up there in age. Hopefully after a good brumation she will allow him to mate her. Or at least I'm hoping! :D

Anywho, you can see her parents on this page:
http://www.kricketskritters.com/content/view/13/31/#Available

Pictures in next post.

luckies4me
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
First pic is of Spike, the others are all Sunflower. :) Dylan LOVES her! :D

luckies4me
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Spike's turn! :D

Yes, he does drink out of a water dish. One of the few dragons that are smart enough to know what standing water is. I love watching him drink. I'll try to shoot a video of him doing so. It's the cutest thing.

Sevaede
04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
A-FREAKING-ADORABLE! :D Scale and skin kid alike! :D

YOU! Fellow Eugenian! PT meetup, maybe? ;) :D

luckies4me
04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh!!! So you came back then? :D :D :D

Hey that means you can visit my baby once he's born...which can be any day now! :eek:

Sevaede
04-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Yes, indeedy! :D I am back! :D

Oooh! :D awesome! I knew it was getting close to the time for little one to arrive!

Eeeeh! :D

sweetpatata6
04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
It's great to see pictures of beardies. I really miss Lisa and she too could recognize standing water... I really hope they have babies in the future!

CathyBogart
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey! I'm so happy to see you posting again! Lovely dragons you have! :)

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 12:09 PM
It's great to see pictures of beardies. I really miss Lisa and she too could recognize standing water... I really hope they have babies in the future!

Isn't it cool to have a beardie who knows what water is? LOL. It's so much easier keeping them hydrated. Spike LOVES to drink, but he also enjoys his morning and evening mists as well. They get misted bright and early once their lights go on and then another misting at night. Plus they get weekly soaks to make sure they stay hydrated. I don't leave a water dish on the enclosure due to health issues. I just put it in there until he is done drinking and then take it out. I dislike dead crickets. :p

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey! I'm so happy to see you posting again! Lovely dragons you have! :)

Thank you. :) Didn't you have a beardie too or am I mistaken?

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I will be cleaning their cage today so I will take pictures of it once I am done. That way you can see how they live. I am currently "remodeling" right now...in the process of building some custom made rock backgrounds. I will also be replacing about 80% of the substrate (currently using crushed walnut shell- LOVE IT, and they spit it out so I don't have to worry about impactions) with terra cotta tiles and then having a small area for digging, as Sunny loves to dig. :)

It's going to look so cool when I am done. Hopefully I can finish it before the baby is born. I also need to buy a plant or two as I took out all their old ones and threw them away. :o Eventually I plan on building a huge wooded enclosure, but that won't be for awhile here now.

Sevaede
04-26-2007, 02:25 PM
That's a really awesome sounding project! :) I'd had an initial interest in beardies for a while but, recently, I'm learning more about them. I have a tank that is going to be uninhabitated after a while because my corn is growing and we're going to get him a bigger habitat. :) I remember working with them and they would just let you hold/carry them, etc. Wonderful! :D

Miss Z
04-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, I didn't know that you had dragons. They are both very cute! :)

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I absolutely adore my dragons. They are one of the most social, interesting creatures I've owned. Spike is just a doll. He will fall asleep anywhere you put him once it's his "bedtime". Which means a lot of times he sleeps with me at night. :o He's more like my puppy lol. I even take him to work with me on occasion. They are both definitely spoiled! :D

Roxyluvsme13
04-26-2007, 04:54 PM
They're so pretty!