PDA

View Full Version : Perfumes........(prices)

Husky_mom
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Iīm inquring about perfume prices as my brother is going across the pond and Iīve heard they are less expensive there....... even in the USA they are half of what they cost here...... so any pointers would be great so I can know how much money to give him :p

preferably about some Cartier, esp Santos (men)(I loooove how it smells hehe)

and some Chanelīs.(women)...... there was this one that smelled very good but canīt remember the name......LOL

Killearn Kitties
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
When you say "across the pond", where is your brother going?

Husky_mom
04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
he is going in a school trip to Europe, heīs gping to Rome, Florence, Venice (sp?), Verna, Paris, Versalles.....and some Lucerna ,Luganda canīt remember those two last LOL.......

caseysmom
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
My absolute favorite is Allure by Chanel, it has to be the eu de parfum, I just bought a bottle, it was I believe 108.00 for 3.4 ounces. I don't think its much cheaper in Europe, I had my hubby check once when he was there.

Husky_mom
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
even more than that it would cost here a Eau de TOILETTE!!!......

Killearn Kitties
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh how lovely! That sounds a wonderful trip. :)

This is a link to a world Duty Free site. Click on the Frangrance Search tab, then you can search on brand, what country you are buying in etc. It might give you a guide to how much he would have to pay.

Duty Free (http://www.worlddutyfree.com/portal/site/wdf/menuitem.bfdeedd050a9e638561177b29328c1a0/)

EDITED Having looked at that link further, it seems to only give UK duty free prices which may not be of much use to you. On the other hand, I think prices may be pretty standard across much of the European Union now, so it may give you a rough guide.

angelbow20
04-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh there is this kind by chanel that I LOVE IT. its coco mademiosel (spelling) it smells so good. My sister and mom wear it. I would say its about 60 to 70 dollars around here for a bottle, Not a huge bottle but not a tiny bottle either.

kittycats_delight
04-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Isabel...give me a list of exactly what you are looking for so I can get an accurate price list for you. They are quite cheap here. I can even get names of some places he can get them cheap. :)

Michelle

Husky_mom
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
for men it would be Santos by Cartier..... also Armani code

women...... not sure if Chance by Chanel......or the Madmoisele one :p

either one I guess........ I also looooove the Ralph Lauren in the blue box I think itīs just called Ralph..... and Gio from Armani.....

kittycats_delight
04-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Ok I will check on those tomorrow or saturday. Not sure if the profumeria is open saturday or not though so most likely tomorrow and get some prices for you. :)

Randi
04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
KK, thanks for posting that link, there are quite a few to choose from. :) However, not the one I used to like called Halston, but there are a few others I really like. ;)

kittycats_delight
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Isabel, I got those prices for you. Some are expensive others are pretty reasonable. I could not find Madmoiselle by Chanel sorry.

So here is the list. I will list prices in Euro and Mexican Pesos and also where you can get them.

Santos by Cartier 3.2 oz - €62 in MXN 925.19
Code by Armani 2.5 oz - €72 in MXN 1074.47
Chance by Chanel 6.8 oz - €33 in MXN 492.52

The above 3 can be bought at Profumerie Douglas in Rome. The address is Via Collatina
C.Comm.le Auchan( this is a mall called Auchan)

Ralph by Ralph Lauren 1 oz - €30 in MXN 447.94
Gio by Armani 6.7 oz - €25 in MXN 358.40

The 2 above can be bought at Acqua e Sapone in Venice. The address is
Via Cannareggio Lungo Strada Nuova, 4202

I will see if I can find madmoiselle for you still at another profumeria. Hope this helps you out a little. :)

Michelle

Husky_mom
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
thank you!!..... you are sooooooo helpful...... donīt take on too much this task... I really appreciated what youīve done..... thank you thank you

kittycats_delight
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
thank you!!..... you are sooooooo helpful...... donīt take on too much this task... I really appreciated what youīve done..... thank you thank you

It's not a problem at all. I was at acqua e sapone saturday to get things for myself so had a look and today I was at the Profumerie Douglas and got the prices there. I had to get some things in the mall where it is. So all I really did was find the stores in the cities where your brother was going to be. So it was no trouble. I have to go into the center tomorrow and there is a profumeria on the way so I will drop in there to see if I can find madmoiselle. :)

I am glad I could help you. So are the prices better here?