PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick rant

cassiesmom
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Can I just rant for a minute? One of the residents in my building has a Yorkshire terrier. Over the weekend we had nice weather, and she was outside with the dog on a leash, one of those retractable lines. She was cleaning out the backseat of her car and holding the dog's leash at the same time. The dog was exploring. I pulled out of my parking space and carefully drove around the dog. What makes me mad is that she wasn't paying close attention to where the dog was - and he had the line pretty far out in his explorations. Our parking lot entrance is one down from a tollway entrance ramp that a lot of people miss - so they use our parking lot to turn around. People don't always drive carefully. I was worried for the little guy that someone would come zooming through the lot while the neighbor was busy in the backseat. We've asked for a speed bump to be installed but so far, no luck. The tollway administration won't change the signs or lighting either, so drivers will continue to miss the on ramp. There are not only pets in my building but older people, a couple of families with small children, and sometimes the older people get visits from their grandchildren. I don't know what else to do to keep an accident from happening. I just wish people would be more careful.

AbbyMom
04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
We've asked for a speed bump to be installed but so far, no luck. The tollway administration won't change the signs or lighting either, so drivers will continue to miss the on ramp.

The tollway has a responsibility here...they just don't want to spend the money.

Try emailing your story to the Chicago Tribune or the Chicago Sun-Times. They love human interest stories where little old ladies, grandchildren, and puppies are at risk and the big mean ol' ((almost) government authority won't do anything about it. And, tollway travelers are inconvenienced, too! Tsk tsk.

Get some neighbors to join in your email campaign and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Catlady711
04-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I've always had a gripe about people using those retractable leashes. So many of them either don't know how or don't care to use the BRAKES that lock the leash!! We get those at work all the time and they think just because they have a leash that it's ok, but basically it defeats the whole point of our rule as the dog has 8-10 or more feet to wander freely! :mad: