PDA

View Full Version : FFA State Competition..just got home!

Toby's my baby
04-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I totally forgot to share with you all, that my horse judging team got first in Regionals in February, and we went to State competition Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I really didn't want to go at all, and didn't really expect to do good. It turns out I had a BLAST. There were TONS and tons of people from FFA (Future Farmers of America) for the state convention. There were four people on my team, and three of us (including me) were competing for only our second time (our first time was at sections). Alie, the girl who had done it before, got first place at Regionals. I've known her since I was little, and we've shown horses together for years. I expected her to do really good.

I got back to the school today when we got home, and we went on the internet to look at the placings.. I got 36th out of I think 230? Alie got 66th, Whitney got 101, and Angie got 116. What you have to do is..you judge 6 classes, 4 halter classes and 2 riding classes. Our Classes were as follows..

Aged Paint Geldings
Paint Mares
Appolossa Geldings
Young Quarter Horse Geldings
Western Pleasure
English

Just thought I would share with you all! :)

Suki Wingy
04-25-2007, 05:20 PM
That's great news, CONGRATS! I really wish I could be in FFA but 4-H too- besides, I now have a sheep so who could complain!

Toby's my baby
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Why can't you been in FFA or 4-H??

cassiesmom
04-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Congratulations to Toby's my baby! Applause, applause!!

Suki Wingy
04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
oops, I meant to say 4-H is ehough I guess. We have an 18 acre historic farm 15 minutes from me but otherwize I live in a very populated area (suburb).

Toby's my baby
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
O lol, I see. Yeah, 4-H can be a lot of fun too :)

buttercup132
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow good job! Glad you had so much fun.