PDA

View Full Version : New Cockatiel babies! (updated on 6/3)

Logan
04-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I should have probably said "lack of nesting" question because that is our dilemma, right now, and I don't know what to do.

Milly and Roger have six eggs that they are sitting on right now. In the past, Milly has layed many, many eggs, most of which are eventually forgotten. Many of you remember that we had 3 babies almost 3 years ago, but none since then. They appear to be very, very serious about it this time, and I will even catch them sharing the duties, with Roger sitting on two or three and Milly doing the same, side by side, on the bottom of their cage.

The problem is that we have yet to be able to get both of them out of the cage at the same time, therefore I haven't been able to provide any kind of soft spot for those babies to hatch in the event that they do. And you know how protective they are of eggs, so we don't dare put our hands in the cage when one is sitting on the eggs. Those babies, if these eggs are fertile, are due to hatch any time now, I think, and I hate to think that they will be born on a sheet of newspaper.

What to do? The last babies were born in a tupperware container and they did fine, and I have something ready to put in there for them, but I can't seem to find the right time to even attempt it! I've tried to tempt them both out at the same time with fresh greens, millet, etc. But they are not cooperating.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Logan

Logan
04-24-2007, 05:23 PM
This afternoon, we attempted, once again, to put the nest in the cage. I did get it in there, but it is to the left of where the eggs and "Mom and Dad" are. You can't believe the screeching that we got from Roger and Milly. :eek:

And we're hearing the "peep, peep, peep" from the eggs. I have no idea how many will hatch. We noticed that there are only 5 eggs now and have no idea where the 6th one has gone. And there is NO way that we can explore the cage and try to find it.

I imagine that tomorrow morning I will be reporting new life. Bless their dear hearts. :)

Logan

Cookiebaker
04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Logan, that is *so* exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of wee baby birdies!! :D

p.s. I'm sorry I don't have any advice

Argranade
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Just drop some nesting material where mom is dad are, they should start to use it them selfs,

Also I would give them some yummy egg food at this time of nesting, it will also be good for them when they feed the babies.

Hope everything goes well with the happy couple! :D

Logan
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks, everyone. I have been giving them boiled egg, with the shell, periodically, lots of fresh greens, and their normal seeds, along with brocolli and cauliflower, too. So I think, nutritionally, they are getting everything possible. And I have provided the container with nesting material, so hopefully, they will utilize it, if they want it. They have certainly not made it easy! Silly birds.

I'll keep you posted on babies. The babies need homes!!!! We were so lucky, last time. I hope we will have the same good fortune this time.

Logan

Logan
04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
We have a baby!!!! :) :) I can't get anywhere near it, but we have a baby!!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I can't get anywhere near it,
but we have a baby!!!!!

:D

"Grandparents" must have to be cleared by security ... AND take a number!

:cool:

Vermontcat
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Wow Logan! That is so exciting that Roger and Milly made you a grandma again. :)
Please keep us posted on how many eggs hatch and share some photos when you are allowed to take some. ;)

Aspen and Misty
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
We have a baby!!!! :) :) I can't get anywhere near it, but we have a baby!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm so exited for you!! PICS PICS PICS!!
I wonder how many you will have this time!

Ashley

Cookiebaker
04-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Any more babies this morning?? :D

critter crazy
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
How exciting!!!!:eek: Cant wait to see pics!!!

Logan
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
2 babies now!!!!! :) I just came by the house to bring them some fresh leafy lettuce and they both came off the nest and I got to see both babies, squirming around. They look quite pitiful when they are this young, but they will fill out quickly. I was amazed at the tranformation last time we went through this. I simiply don't want to upset them, though, so I didn't take the camera in there. Helen and I will try to clean things up a bit this afternoon. She can distract them, hopefully, and I'll be able to put clean paper in and get those babies in a suitable spot instead of lying on those newspapers.

Milly layed these eggs over a week long period, so the 3 she is still sitting on may hatch in the coming days. I need to find loving homes for them and get them placed when they are 8 weeks old or so. Hopefully I will be able as lucky as I was last time when my friend, Judy, took 2 and Amber took Bennie! :)

Oh Amber? Need another Cockatiel or two????? :p

Husky_mom
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
how adorable!!...... why canīt I live closer :(....... I would so take one.......

please pics of the family when you can.....:D

Logan
04-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Forgive the mess. They haven't let me near the cage for a couple of weeks.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4260015.jpg?t=1177608546

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4260013.jpg?t=1177608713

Husky_mom
04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
awww. yellow fluff balls........ do you have pics of mom and dad to share??

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I miss breeding tiels with my mother. It was always such a joy to have them around. Did you find out what happened to the 6th egg? Hopefully it didn't hatch and get stuck under the paper. :( I'm worried. Let me know!

Also, pics of the parents would be great! :D I would definitely take one but I have no idea how a baby would make it to Oregon.

Logan
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Cass, I don't think that 6th egg could have possibly hatched as it disappeared several days ago. I hope we can locate it this afternoon, though, when we attempt to clean out the cage. Helen will have to be here, though, to distract Milly and Roger, before I can even attempt to look for it. I have never seen them like this before. Very, very protective. That is how I knew that this was serious egg business! :p

I will get pictures of Roger and Milly, I promise! They need a little exposure, too! :)

Logan

lute
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
OH! Cute babies! I hope you find the missing egg.

luckies4me
04-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Good luck!!! I can't wait to watch the little ones grow up. :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh my gosh I wish my mom would let me take one. And I'm really close to you, too :(. They're beautiful, and I can't wait for more pics :D.

Logan
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM
We have 3 babies as of tonight. :) We're treading lightly around them, but Roger and Milly did come out and let us hold the babies for a few minutes. That was nice. :)

Sevaede
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Aww! How sweet! Good luck and can't wait for pics! :D

gini
04-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Grandma - oh, aren't you something? Brand new little ones for all of us to watch grow up.

Congratulations - and here is your champagne I brought over from Thursdays!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4260013.jpg?t=1177608713
Awwww! How sweet!!! Little baby birdie bums!!!! :D

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see them grow!!! :D

popcornbird
04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
How sweet. :) Congratulations. I can't wait to watch them grow!

Logan
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Taken tonight (4/27):

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4270019-2.jpg?t=1177716297

Here's "Daddy" (Roger). Isn't the first one hilarious? He looks like an eagle!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4270022-1.jpg?t=1177717354

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4270023-1.jpg?t=1177717632

And the boss of them all, Milly (Mom)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4270020-1.jpg?t=1177717579

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2007, 07:31 PM
What great pictures. Roger certainly looks like a proud papa !!! :D

luckies4me
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
So I take it you didn't find the other egg then? :p

They are so cute. All yellow and fuzzy. hehehe. :D

Logan
04-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I forgot to answer that part, Cass. It was no where to be found. I wonder if it broke and perhaps they ate the shell? I don't know. I just know was no where to be found in or around the cage.

Giselle
04-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Oooohh, I miss raising chicks!

My hen used to eat some of her eggs too. I assumed she knew they were infertile and probably ate them for nutritional benefits. One day, I'd count 10 eggs and the next day there'd be 9 or less. I'm sure it must be an instinctive survival mechanism :)

K9soul
04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
They are beautiful Logan, I especially love that "eagle" picture of Roger, what a great shot! The chicks are precious. I didn't even realize you were "expecting." I haven't been keeping up very well lately!

Cinder & Smoke
04-28-2007, 12:01 AM
wow!
Looks like the Home MakeOver Crew paid a visit >>>

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P4270019-2.jpg?t=1177716297

Just how many Birdie Bums are we looking at??

Those "before MakeOver" shots ... :eek:
Molly Mom must never have attended Molly MAID school! :p
Dunno if she'd ever win a Good HouseKeeping award for her domestic "talents".

;)

gini
04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
:D Before long they will be chirping MOVE THAT NEST!!:D

Alysser
04-28-2007, 06:40 AM
AWW, they are adorable! :D Little fuzz balls, mom and dad are cute too! Will you be keeping the babies?

Logan
04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
And then there were 4. :eek: We have a new baby this morning. :)

Chilli
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
How precious! :D
Both babies and parents are gorgeous, and I really wish I lived closer! We've been looking for a nice cockatiel to add to the family to keep Lilly(our current 'tiel) company.
Congratulations on the little guys, I can't wait to see as they grow!

luckies4me
04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I forgot to answer that part, Cass. It was no where to be found. I wonder if it broke and perhaps they ate the shell? I don't know. I just know was no where to be found in or around the cage.

That is what I was thinking. Perhaps they ate it. I know my tiels have done that in the past if an egg broke. It must not have been fertile anyway then.

4 precious babies. :D

Zippy
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
What adorable baby teils.They are going to be beautiful like there parents. :D

Rachel
04-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Oh, my goodness this little family is growing! Better you the grandma than I. Don't know if I could manage such tender, fragile beings in my care.

Logan
04-30-2007, 07:53 AM
As of this morning, all eggs have hatched. 5 BABIES!!!!! :eek:

jenluckenbach
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
How super exciting!! :D :D Congratulations to Millie and Roger.

Argranade
04-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Awww,

They look like pigeons as babies LOL.

So cute ... congratz!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-30-2007, 12:21 PM
5 Baby Birdy bums!!! WOW!!! :eek: Talk about being over achievers!!!

No wonder Roger looks so proud in his pictures!!!

Congrats Grandma!!! ;) :D

Logan
04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Want me to bring a few to Kansas, Connie? I'm sure it can be arranged! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I'd love to have one but with 4 cats that's not such a good idea!!! for any of us!!!

My Peanuts
04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Congrats again, grandma!

The babies are adorable (can you tell I'm a bird person ;) )

I love the pics!

Cookiebaker
04-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow!! Congratulations 5 times over!! The itty bitty babies are soo adorable!! :D

popcornbird
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh, ohhhh!!! How PRECIOUS!!! So Logan, you are now grandmommy to 8 little birdies, huh? Amber needs to come back on PT and see this thread. She has to tell Bennie she's a big sister now! :D Roger looks SO happy to be a daddy again. ;)

luckies4me
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
PICS, PICS, PICS!!! :D :D :D

Sorry, I just can't help myself. :o

Logan
05-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Last night, Helen, Scott and I just stood there, in wonder, watching these 5 babies of all shapes and sizes, straining their little blind heads, "looking" for Mom and Dad to come and feed them. It was a rare occasion where Roger and Milly allowed us to see them. I didn't dare use the flash on the camera, though, because I didn't want to startle them. Helen and I will work on getting some new pictures today when we clean the nest.

Oh you guys, they are adorable!!!! And Roger and Milly have been so good about letting us hold them for a few minutes. :) :) I appreciate your interest in our babies.

Logan

Logan
05-01-2007, 08:59 AM
How precious! :D
Both babies and parents are gorgeous, and I really wish I lived closer! We've been looking for a nice cockatiel to add to the family to keep Lilly(our current 'tiel) company.
Congratulations on the little guys, I can't wait to see as they grow!

If you are serious about this, you never know what can happen! :) Amber, one of our members here at Pet Talk lives in south Florida. She took one of our babies from the first clutch, almost 3 years ago. I kept him (turned out to be "her") to her in Asheville, NC, while her family was traveling in Tennessee. Another friend who lives in TN met me in NC, also, and got the other two, last time. Surely there are enough Pet Talkers to get that baby to you by transport if you want one (or more). :) :) Just food for thought. We are not handfeeding them, but we are holding them and bonding with them every day.

Logan

Vermontcat
05-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Congratulations Logan on the 5 new baby birdies! :D
I love the picture of Roger spreading his wings, he looks like such a proud daddy. :)
Since Roger & Milly already raised 3 baby birds, 5 babies shouldn't be too much work for them, right?
Did you take any new photos of Roger & Milly & the babies today?
At what age will the babies be ready to go to new homes?

My Peanuts
05-01-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd love to take a boy if you have one because my poor girls are so wanting to be mommies, especially Riley, but if I did I'd have so many babies!
Three girls and one boy, it'd be like Hugh Hefner and the Girls Next Door! :D

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
You're really tempting me with this ya know? Maybe I should ask my mom about that bird again.. :p

I can't wait for more pictures. I keep checking back here to see how the babies are doing.

anna_66
05-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh my goodness...5 babies?! I had no idea that you were expecting:D They are cute little fluff balls for sure!

Logan
05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Looks like it is time for a little "nest cleaning" later today! :o I'll wait for Helen and we can do that this afternoon.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P5010026.jpg?t=1178114434

Logan
05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
You're really tempting me with this ya know? Maybe I should ask my mom about that bird again.. :p

I can't wait for more pictures. I keep checking back here to see how the babies are doing.

Tennessee is "doable"! ;) And I wouldn't charge you for the baby! That will save you at least $100 so you could invest your money in the cage and toys and food, instead. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Tennessee is "doable"! ;) And I wouldn't charge you for the baby! That will save you at least $100 so you could invest your money in the cage and toys and food, instead. ;)
lol, yes it is. I'm trying to remember how far I am from where you are.. I'm really close to the NC state line, so it's probably not that far.

And, besides it being free it would be handraised and I could actually handle it, right? That's so much better than getting bit all the time, that's basically what's been keeping me from getting a bird.

I will definitely ask my mom this weekend about this, I'm really interested :).

They're such cute little fuzzballs :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Aw!!! How cute!!! Looks like they are waiting for a snack!!!

when do they get their eyes open? :)

Logan
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Connie, I'm embarased to say that I can't remember when their eyes open, but I imagine that it will be in the coming week, especially for the ones that hatched first.

I am worried about the smallest one. He just seems to get trampled in the rush for someone to feed them. I hope he (?) is going to be ok.

Roxyluvsme, send me a PM if your mom is inclined to agree. If you're close to the NC line, it isn't far at all for us to meet. I'll be glad to talk with your mom on the phone if that will help.

Logan

gini
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Logan, as I know absolutely nothing about raising little birds...........do you supplement the feeding with an eye dropper or do Roger and Millie take care of everything?

They are so sweet!

Logan
05-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Gini, right now, the are doing everything, but I am committed to this smallest baby that I think might be in jeopardy. :( I am researching things right now so that I can know what to do. My problem is that I worry about being able to feed him/her often enough to do any good. I hope that they will provide for all 5, but that is a lot of babies to care for and as far as I can see, Roger is doing most of the work, not Milly. Of course, I can't see them every minute, so I don't know exactly what is going on.

Let's hope and pray that they are doing all that is necessary right now.

Logan

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh no. I hope the little one makes it through :(.

Logan
05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I just checked in on them and all seems good, so far.

Brianna, I got your PM. Thanks.

Let's watch these babies for a week or so. I think we definitely are doing well and I just want people who will love and cherish them to take them home. :)

Logan

Chilli
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
If you are serious about this, you never know what can happen! :) Amber, one of our members here at Pet Talk lives in south Florida. She took one of our babies from the first clutch, almost 3 years ago. I kept him (turned out to be "her") to her in Asheville, NC, while her family was traveling in Tennessee. Another friend who lives in TN met me in NC, also, and got the other two, last time. Surely there are enough Pet Talkers to get that baby to you by transport if you want one (or more). :) :) Just food for thought. We are not handfeeding them, but we are holding them and bonding with them every day.

Logan

This would be perfect if we weren't adding a new foster/rescue kitten to the family in about a month.
If all is going well, if they have another clutch next year or so, I hope I can seriously look into giving one a home! =D
Mum already told me that when I find the "perfect" bird, she'd allow me to drive quite a distance to meet someone halfway or something.
I hope all goes well with this clutch, and I love seeing pictures. Keep them coming! :)

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Glad they're doing okay. I hope the little one does better.

Glad you got my PM :D

Roxyluvsme13
05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
How are the babies doing?

sandragonfly
05-05-2007, 05:28 PM
oh cock-cockgratulations, grandma logan!! :D

I've always wanted one or two - so so cute.. I can feel the softness from this screen... -melts-

I hope the smallest one is doing okay now!

Logan
05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Thank you for the good thoughts for our smallest baby. He/she seems to be doing just fine, so far. Roger and Milly are good parents and the baby seems to be thriving, just behind, as expected, on development since he hatched later than the others.

We do have an unexpected issue that arose over the weekend. We have been trying to take the babies out, one at a time, to hold them and get them accustomed to the human touch. One of the first babies seems to have a deformed right leg. At first, when Helen noticed it, she thought that it might be broken, but after closer observation, it appears that it did not form correctly. I have only ever used the only avian vet that we know of in our area for having Roger and Milly's wing's clipped (he also clipped the wings of our last clutch when they started flying), but I called him this morning and they were able to get him right to the phone to talk with me. Scott and I were concerned because this baby seems to be thinner than the others. What we don't know is whether that is because he is refusing to eat or if Roger and Milly aren't feeding him. Dr. Fernandez told me not to bring him in right now because there is little he can do to help that leg at this point since the baby is so young. He did suggest that we try hand feeding him for a few days and see if he is willing to eat and will gain weight, and he also suggested that we use a scale to monitor his weight. We are committed to doing whatever is necessary to keep him comfortable and try to help him along in development. So, handfeeding will begin today, if he is willing, and he will remain in the nest as long as Roger and Milly and the other babies will allow. If he does not thrive, we know what we need to do. And if he does seem to bounce back and find a way to survive on one leg, we will surely keep him and when he is old enough, provide a safe place for him, away from Mom and Dad, and he will become a part of our family.

I allowed these eggs to develop and I know that I need to be committed to seeing this thing through. It makes us all very sad to see the one baby having so much trouble. Please keep the little fellow in your prayers and also ask that we have the wisdom to know what to do for him/her.

Logan

sandragonfly
05-07-2007, 11:12 AM
oh wow, so much for little. :( I feel so bad. but very glad you're there for her/him!

I know I can trust you to do your best taking care of this little fluffball. s/he will remain in my thoughts until s/he becomes one big trooper! :)

zippy-kat
05-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I just read this thread so I'm late in congratulating you!

For what it's worth:
My cockatiel, Jackie, walked on her "wrists" rather than on her "fingertips." As a result, she would rub herself raw on the part between the "wrist" and the "elbow" (did that make any sense?). The vet we took her too told us to use dow rods as perches and cover them in Dr. Scholl's moleskin. She still walked on her "wrists" (it was genetic) but her wounds healed quickly.

Maybe that's a "trick" you could keep in mind, should this wee one's right leg rub on the perch.

luckies4me
05-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Can you take a picture of the babies leg? If it is splayed leg this can be easily fixed with a brace, and is actually quite common in cockatiels. When I used to breed we had a clutch with two babies who had splayed leg. They both got their legs corrected and grew up to be normal tiels. Sometimes as you pointed out though, the parents refuse to feed the babies. Sometimes they will even try to kill the baby, feather plucking and tossing it around the cage.
:(

Ours were all parent *and* hand fed so they got everything they needed. Just keep an eye out for this little one. Just FYI, if it is splayed leg the sooner you treat it the better. Also, I've known many a bird to live happily ever after with only one leg. As long as they got a beak they're good to go! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Prayers on the way from me for the wee one!

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Prayers for the little one, hope it makes it!

Logan
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I have gotten some great advice from one of my bird friends complete with the "how to" on the leg. Scares me to death, to tell you the truth. :o Scott and I will review the information tonight and if he can help me, we will do all we can. I have the formula for handfeeding and will begin that process in a few minutes.

I hope this baby is going to be ok.

Thanks, you guys.

Logan

luckies4me
05-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Well what did your friend say? You need to tell us silly. :p

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Logan, I guess I'm going to have to say no on the Tiel.. Everyone is getting mad at me for wanting one.. :/

shais_mom
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
oh my I just read thru this thread!
AMAZZZZZING! :)
Sorry to hear in the other thread about the 5th baby tho.

Looking forward for more updates on the healthy babies.. :)

petslover
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I have to say this is the most awesome thread ever!

I have enjoyed each and every post about the new babies.

ramanth
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Congratulations on the babies! I hope the one with the bad leg makes it. :)

Logan
05-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I had to have him put down, Kimmy, last Friday. :( But we have 4 healthy babies and I need to get new pictures for all of you.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Could we have a baby update, Logan? Are the 4 still doing well? hint hint ;)

Logan
06-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Here's dad (Roger) on Saturday

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010071.jpg?t=1180923741

And here are the babies.......hope I captured them all

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010055.jpg?t=1180923821

Here is our little Milly "look a like". Her name is Vanessa and I LOVE her!!! :)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010054.jpg?t=1180923863

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010053.jpg?t=1180923928

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010048.jpg?t=1180923965

sandragonfly
06-03-2007, 09:33 PM
my, all grown!! thank you!! it's such a treat seeing them in decades.... ;)

:D they all are pretty, I didn't expected to see half-albino cocktail - never saw one before. interesting one!

have you found homes for them or are you going keep them, especially vanessa? what's so special about her? :)

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/P6010053.jpg?t=1180923928

I love this little baby!

However, I think you are fooling us! There is no way those tiny little hairless babies turned out to be those beautiful birds! ADORABLE! I loved the pictures, please keep them comeing. Also, do you have homes lined up for any of them yet? Are you going to keep Vanessa?

Ashley

Roxyluvsme13
06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh my gosh.

They're so gorgeous. The one Aspen and Misty posted is most definitely my favorite.

I really wish I could have one.

Logan
06-04-2007, 06:18 AM
I guess I like Vanessa because she is feisty. Do you remember the character, Vanessa, on the Cosby Show? She was a know it all and quite bossy. This Vanessa is the same way and she hisses at me. I do not plan to keep her.

I don't have homes for any of them, yet. Thought I had 3 placed, but I don't. :( Perhaps one is placed. But that's it.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Are you sure you aren't playing a joke on us?

How did those teeny tiny bundles of yellow fluff grow to those big beauties in such a short time? ;)

They are all gorgeous, by the way!!! :D

Has Roger taught them to whistle Zip a dee doo dah yet? ;)

Rachel
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Are you sure you aren't playing a joke on us?

How did those teeny tiny bundles of yellow fluff grow to those big beauties in such a short time? ;)

My sentiments exactly...It just can't be that those *creepy* little critters have over night developed into these amazing full grown beauties. Surely you have named the other three as well! :confused:

Logan
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
No joke, you guys! These babies are growing up!!!! And they had their wings clipped today, so no more flying around for any of them!!! :p Hopefully, we can teach these babies some manners now. And Roger and Milly will have to learn about cooperating, too! I was horrified when I realized it had been two years since their wings had been clipped! :eek:

Vermontcat
06-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Logan, those can't be the same little baby birds that just hatched a few weeks ago!
It's amazing how quickly they grew up, they are all beautiful! :D
Do you have any in-between photos of them as they grew over the last few weeks?

Logan
06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Zoe, I am the worst mom. I didn't take any pictures in between!

Guess what we have tonight? ANOTHER EGG!!!!!! OMG, she doesn't waste any time, for sure. That egg will be removed shortly. I won't go into detail, but we don't need any more babies.

Logan

popcornbird
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
OMG...are those the same babies? They're all grown up. Wow! So beautiful. I can't believe they grew up so fast!

Logan
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
These babies need to grow up and get out, fast. Poor Milly thinks she needs to populate the world! :eek: We have 4 eggs now, plus they are still feeding the babies (who don't look like babies). I need to get Milly into a cage by herself and hopefully she will give her poor body a much needed rest.

I think in two more weeks, the 4 babies can go. The 4 eggs will not hatch. I've made sure of that, but I'm letting her keep them for now. And of all the crazy things, Vanessa, Milly's look alike, is sitting on them, too! :eek: Thank goodness Milly has a band on her leg because they are impossible to tell apart.

Cookiebaker
06-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Logan, I came looking for an update on your babies, and I skimmed through the pics looking for "BABIES", and then read the descriptions to find out that those WERE the babies!! :eek: Wow, they grew so fast, and they are so beautiful!!! :D

Alysser
06-25-2007, 08:43 PM
They are GORGEOUS!! I love teils!