PDA

View Full Version : Knut: Honorary PT Member?

dukedogsmom
04-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Seeing as how EVERYONE is just loving that cutie Knut, I thought it would be cool to have him as an honoary member of PT. I, myself, would love make him PT member....from my house :p But, I'm afraid Florida would be way too hot. So, I thought we could all get or make, cards to sign with both our PT name and regular names. I would be willing to collect the cards and mail them in one shipment. Or, if Mayor Karen would like, we could send them to her. Either way, a message from the mayor would be included. So, what do you think?

Husky_mom
04-24-2007, 03:26 PM
count me in!! :D

Kirsten
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I love the idea, but maybe we should first ask Karen what she's thinking... :)

Kirsten

kittycats_delight
04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Count me in too Val.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Me too! Great idea - I love that little man

Karen
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I think it would be wonderful to have Knut and his special human friend as honorary Pet Talk members. I imagine, however, that he's extremely busy considering all the media attention he's facing.

dukedogsmom
04-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, it would take a while to get the cards together and all. I thought it would be a nice gesture. If that's a no, I'll just send them a card from me and won't mention PT.

slick
04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
:o OK, I'm obviously too busy at work to stay ahead of the game. Who is Knut? :o

dukedogsmom
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
:o OK, I'm obviously too busy at work to stay ahead of the game. Who is Knut? :o
Oh my, you have been busy. He's the cutest ever and I hope we will be able to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLKb_5S21E

Karen
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Val, it's not a no. I would be happy to send them a card, I just don't know whether they are inundated and would not have a chance to read them, or what. In every video, there are German schoolchildren just crowding in to see Knut, and I bet lots of them write to him, too.

I wonder what our German Pet Talkers think?

slick
04-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh My Gosh!!!!!! Is that not the cutest widdle bear you've ever seen!!!!!!!!! Did you guys listen to the Knut Song??? I'd love to be able to understand the words and sing along. :D :D

I've been totally out of loop on this. I really must make more time for Pet Talk. :o

Count me in for whatever you are proposing.

Sonia59
04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
It's a good idea, but indeed, if they receive bags of cards they may even not read it.

Kirsten
04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a good idea, but indeed, if they receive bags of cards they may even not read it.

Yes, that could be true, Knut is a real star here! But after all, it may be worth a try.

Just found out today that he even has his own section on fotocommunity.de: Knut (http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/cat/10358)

Look at the pictures there, it's too cute for words! :)

Kirsten

Pawsitive Thinking
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Pay for my air fare and I will personally deliver every single card to the little guy ;)

finn's mom
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm so out of the loop...the video is precious...I love the music...but, is Knut still a baby? Or is he full grown now?

Oh, I see...he's almost exactly a year old. What a great video. :)

Kirsten
04-27-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm so out of the loop...the video is precious...I love the music...but, is Knut still a baby? Or is he full grown now?

Oh, I see...he's almost exactly a year old. What a great video. :)

No, he's not a year old, he's 4 and a half months old; he was born in December 2006.

He's certainly growing every day and may be a little bigger than in some of the photos/videos, but he's still a little cub - and no doubt that he's still sooooo cute! :)

This page (of the German magazin "Der Spiegel") always has the latest Knut infos (English language):

"Cute Knut - Berlin's Baby Polar Bear" (http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,k-7098,00.html)

Kirsten

finn's mom
04-27-2007, 10:57 AM
No, he's not a year old, he's 4 and a half months old; he was born in December 2006.

He's certainly growing every day and may be a little bigger than in some of the photos/videos, but he's still a little cub - and no doubt that he's still sooooo cute! :)

This page (of the German magazin "Der Spiegel") always has the latest Knut infos (English language):

"Cute Knut - Berlin's Baby Polar Bear" (http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,k-7098,00.html)

Kirsten

Ah, the video on youtube had something saying he was born in may of 2006. hmmm, maybe i was looking at the wrong thing.

Nope, just looked again...whoever posted the information on youtube must have the wrong information.

Kirsten
04-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Ah, the video on youtube had something saying he was born in may of 2006. hmmm, maybe i was looking at the wrong thing.

Nope, just looked again...whoever posted the information on youtube must have the wrong information.

yes, someone must have posted the wrong info. Just read some Knut articles and learnt that he was born on December 5, 2006, so he's almost 5 months now.

Kirsten

finn's mom
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
yes, someone must have posted the wrong info. Just read some Knut articles and learnt that he was born on December 5, 2006, so he's almost 5 months now.

Kirsten

Yeah, i just read that, too. He's cute, but the video was a little odd...the photos of him look old, and then there are so many photos of larger bears, and only a few are labelled "family", so it's kinda hard to tell if that's him as a baby and then older...unless you know the story. And, I'd never heard of Knut before reading this thread. :) Baby animals are so cute.

Barbara
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
The video obviously is one of these semi-illegal things- the guy put together whatever he could get- but yes Knut exists, he's not grown up and he's out and about for like 4 weeks now and everyone in Germany wants to see him.
While I think it would be fun to have him as a honorary member I think he will get lots of mail.
But if you want to do it I'm in!

Roxyluvsme13
04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd love to join in on this and send a card to the little cutie :D.

cassiesmom
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I nominate the tigers of Awesome Pawsome (on Animal Planet) for honorary Pet Talk pet status too! I would love to go to Australia and see them. There were 4 born in 1998 and they just had 2 more born this spring. I didn't know till I saw Awesome Pawsome just how endangered tigers are. Plus, the theme park where these tigers are being raised has established its own fund for saving wild tigers all over the world. Cool. I love tigers.

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/graphics/images/tigercubs_2week_framed.jpg