PDA

View Full Version : Cat Wool

Barbara
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I have thought often how many pillows you could fill with all the cat hair that is shedding and flying everywhere.
It looks as if somebody here in Germany took all these thoughts serious.

The lady claims you can send her the hair and she spins it into wool. Only hair from 3 cm (that would be a little more than an inch) upwards. Tigris would qualify, Filou rather not. Look at some of the examples:

http://www.katzenwolle.de/kundenfotos.html

Freedom
04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
That is lovely! She makes quite a variety of items. I'm wondering it any one item was made from one cat? that would take a few years of gathering and storing the fur. Hmmmmm......

koxka
04-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Only Ginjol would apply but then he hasn't the softest fur.

Maybe she wouldn't mind to spinn Babit fur :cool:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p197f2ce4e9192dbb44a2b8ff517c2e8f/f016c749.jpg

Pitty, I trow away all the fur I have been collecting, thinking I'll never spinn them, like I knew how!!! :rolleyes:

Barbara
04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
The people send her the fur and she spins it- that's what's in the first pic. The other things were made by her customers- so the sweater was an Hungarian Kuvasz' dog wool, the grey scarf and mittens are made from about 0,4 lb cat wool ;)

Edwina's Secretary
04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
At the mission there is a woman who demonstrates weaving...how it was done in the early days of the mission.

She always shows the kids some socks she wove from dog hair. She makes jokes about dogs sniffing your feet and how your feet will smell when they get wet.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randi
04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
This is a great idea - why not! She has made some very nice things there, I especially like the beige wests. I've been collecting Fister's hair for years in a paper bag, but I doubt there's enough for anything - yet.

catmandu
04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
If they want Cat Hair then I can send lots from the Found Cat Paradise Hotel in all colors and shades.
That would be a soft cushion.