PDA

View Full Version : e-bay for animal charity.

ChrisH
04-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Lots of different animal charities, lots of items. Worth a look maybe? :)
http://www.missionfish.org.uk/NPMMF/cphomepage.jsp?sortOrder=11&pageSize=13&NP_ID=-13&id=&searchString=&pageIndex=1&Submit=Go#buy

EDIT Just so you know. The charities are UK based and the prices are in £'s. If bidding from another country you need to factor the exchange to your own currency before making said bid. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Bye bye wages........

dukedogsmom
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow! I'll have to check them out a little later. Almost time to get ready for work.

Freedom
04-23-2007, 04:06 PM
AHEM! Did you notice the ".org.uk" in the web site link?

Those animal charities are all in United Kingdom - England, Wales, Scotland. When you look at the items, the prices are in pounds. So you just need to be aware that the pound is now about $2.00.

dukedogsmom
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
AHEM! Did you notice the ".org.ouk" in the web site link?

Those animal charities are all in United Kingdom - England, Wales, Scotland. When you look at the items, the prices are in pounds. Double it for what your credit card will be charged.
Uh, yes I noticed. No need to be so harsh.

Vela
04-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I have no problem donating to animal aid in other countries, goodness knows people sent money for Raven from other countries, including ChrisH! Thank you for sharing that link with us Chris.

I have also had great success getting things from other countries on ebay, including England and even Austria.

Freedom
04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Sorry, that's one of the problems with email vs face to face. I didn't mean to come over harsh, and I apologize!

I just wanted people to realize that, if you bid on something on those sites, the British pound is currently about $2.00. So you need to factor that in when deciding how much it will cost you, and how much you are spending.

Again, sorry for the unintended emotion!

cassiesmom
04-23-2007, 06:18 PM
:( I can't get it to open, all I get is a blank white screen, what sort of a benefit is it?

Freedom
04-23-2007, 06:22 PM
It is items for sale on ebay, which are listed by various animal rescues in Britain and such. The big one over there being RSPCA - Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. In my mind, and to many people, RSPCA is the gold standard in animal rights and animal rescue. (There are of course 2 sides to every issue.)

Just tired, it came up for me!

Quilts and 2 tickets for standing room at the Live Earth concert at Wembley Stadium are among the items. The quilts are lovely!!!!

ChrisH
04-24-2007, 04:35 AM
AHEM! Did you notice the ".org.uk" in the web site link?

Those animal charities are all in United Kingdom - England, Wales, Scotland. When you look at the items, the prices are in pounds. So you just need to be aware that the pound is now about $2.00.
Thanks for pointing that out. It was remiss of me not to do so in my original post. I've edited it in now. :)