PDA

View Full Version : Taking the dissidents with me.

wayne0214
07-09-2002, 06:25 PM
There are at least 3 outside furkids that I would like to move with me and with the others. The problem is that whenever I stop for a night's rest or to eat, then I often wonder if they would begin to fight with the others, as they normally do if any of the other furkids get outside of the house. I have 3 carriers and would like some advice about if I can take them with me along with the other furdkids, while they are confined in a carrier for 2 days? Do you think that they emtionally survive such a trip in such a situation?

.........wayne

yorkster
07-10-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm no expert, but I think they would adjust in time. No matter how you do it all, it's going to be tough.
Good luck and let us know how it goes- we may have to do it someday :eek:

K & L
07-11-2002, 09:02 AM
We are amazed how our ferals will become very submissive under stressful situations for them, i.e. vet visits etc. Maybe you could put the 3 outside cats together in a carrier, that way it would keep them somewhat seperated from the others.

Please check out relocation guidelines on this site. It gives some good pointers on how to do this. Please check out the confinement section! Let us know how it goes and good luck! I'm so happy to hear you want to take them with you!

http://www.alleycat.org/ic_fs_relocate.html

catland
07-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Another possible idea is a vet visit to get some kitty tranquilizers. :o Good luck with the move.

lovemymaltese
07-11-2002, 12:41 PM
I also believe that time and patience would be all that is needed to get them adjusted.