PDA

View Full Version : Charlie is at the vet's office

Scooter's Mom
04-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I took Charlie in for his follow up appointment this morning. The good news is, he's at 7.2 lbs - which is as heavy as he's ever been since I got him according to the vet's paperwork. So, yay! He's back up to normal I guess. I guess he is just a skinny minny.

They tried to get a urine sample, but his bladder was teeny tiny. So they asked us if they could keep him today. So he had to stay for them to give him a lot of water, so they could get a urine sample and see if the infection and the crystals in his urine are both gone.

I sure hope it is!!

jenluckenbach
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Good luck Charlie, wishing you great test results.

(ps. MY Charlie=husband is a skinny minny too. LOL)

catmandu
04-21-2007, 04:46 PM
We are Praying for Charlie at the Vets and that the White Coats will be able to help your Companion Cat.
The Pet Angel Visitors Squad will send a Squad of Friends over to keep Charlie company.

Scooter's Mom
04-21-2007, 07:16 PM
They say there should only be trace amounts of protein in the kitties urine... Charlies # is in the low 300's.

I came home with canned and dry Eukanuba Multi-Stage Renal food.

Now I have to figure out how to feed him... and keep the dog and my other kitty from getting into it, or him from getting into theirs. The vet suggested keeping him totally separated. Ok, I can do that while I am at work but when I am home, it's just cruel to keep my sweet baby locked in another room.

He loves sleeping with me, and follows me everywhere. If he even thinks I'm going to get up out of bed he meows at me, then he gets up and comes with me wherever I go. He is such a sweet boy. I just don't know how to handle the possibility of him actually being SICK.

So... he has to go back in on May 19th for a total workup.

Thanks for listening.

jenluckenbach
04-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Just feed them seperately, twice a day, and pick the food up during the remaineder of the day. Then no one eats anyone else's food.

Hope the food helps Charlie.

Freedom
04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh Charlie, whatever is going on with you, hmm??

Crystal, my Vita had to give a urine sample recently, it was rather an adventure. You did fine letting them keep him to fill that bladder some.

And Ruffles has to eat a high calorie food, as she can't hold her weight. No idea why, her full blood work up came out fine. (She is 15.) So I just feed her in a bedroom at various times, with the door closed. Thanks goodness for kitchens timers, or I'd forget about her in there! Of course, she uses her front paws on the door to hammer, sounds like a construction crew!

Keep us in the loop, okay?

Laura's Babies
04-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Getting urine from a cat, that has to be fun!

Feed them like Jen said. That would make it so much easier on you and them.

rkidsrcats
04-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Hope Charlie gets better soon.
Dealing with crystals is no fun, but the food is key in getting him better. Jen's advice is always good. They'll adjust to the new food routine quickly and you will have a healthy Charlie cat again.