PDA

View Full Version : Refugee swapping

TopCat3
04-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Would anyone in the USA like to say what they think of this new plan, announced late last week by the Australian government, whereby refugees fleeing to Australia and processed offshore at Christmas Island or Nauru are sent to the USA to live and refugees fleeing to the USA from, for example, Cuba, are given permanent residence in Australia?

I am wondering what is the point? To diversify our racial blends still further or to show the refugees that, all right, we are compassionate and we will ensure you refuge but you can't have it all your own way/choose where you want to go.

What do you think?

jackie
04-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Sounds silly and pointless to me, but there must be some logical reason behind it.

wombat2u2004
04-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Sounds silly and pointless to me, but there must be some logical reason behind it.

Logical reason ??? The Australian Govt ???
Nope !!!!
Wombat

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Logical reason ??? The Australian Govt ???
Nope !!!!
Wombat

Yay Wom! You never let us down :D

wombat2u2004
04-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Yay Wom! You never let us down :D

Sorry !!!! But the govt here is about as useless as a box full of crows feet. :eek:
Wom

RICHARD
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry !!!! But the govt here is about as useless as a box full of crows feet. :eek:
Wom

LOL,

My grannie used to make soup outta chicken feet..never saw her munch on crow's feet tho!

The U.S. gov't. is in a tizzy about the people moving illegally in from Mexico.
You should hear some of the suggestions about that problem!

wombat2u2004
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL,

My grannie used to make soup outta chicken feet..never saw her munch on crow's feet tho!

The U.S. gov't. is in a tizzy about the people moving illegally in from Mexico.
You should hear some of the suggestions about that problem!

Chicken feet soup ??? Awwwwwwwww....pewk !!!!!
Now crows feet soup.....sounds like something I could really get my choppers around!!!!
Wom

TopCat3
04-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Now crows feet soup.....sounds like something I could really get my choppers around!!!!
Wom

I have worked with Chinese people here who go out and get fried chicken feet takeaway for lunch. I nearly freaked right in front of her when I saw it! Particularly being vegetarian, I can't even stand the sight of wings and legs. I live in a high Chinese population suburb and I have to avert my eyes when I go past some of their takeaways. I don't even want to KNOW what it is they've got hanging in their windows.

Sorry - off topic, anyway...as you were...

wombat2u2004
04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
I have worked with Chinese people here who go out and get fried chicken feet takeaway for lunch. I nearly freaked right in front of her when I saw it! Particularly being vegetarian, I can't even stand the sight of wings and legs. I live in a high Chinese population suburb and I have to avert my eyes when I go past some of their takeaways. I don't even want to KNOW what it is they've got hanging in their windows.

Sorry - off topic, anyway...as you were...

I know....they eat any bloody thing !!! I was married to one for 17 years....lol.
When I first met her, she had a Chinese servant who had a big jar of new born white mice preserved in alcohol....the servant would pop one a day in her mouth for dessert !!!!! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk.
Wom

RICHARD
04-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Wom

Settle down.

I'll make you a wombat sandwich! :D

The only thing that bothers me is the stuff with the skulls attached.

jackmilliesmom
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I know....they eat any bloody thing !!! I was married to one for 17 years....lol.
When I first met her, she had a Chinese servant who had a big jar of new born white mice preserved in alcohol....the servant would pop one a day in her mouth for dessert !!!!! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk.
Wom

Ok you are definitely out to make my toast and coffee revisit aren't you? What are you trying to do to me here kill me off before my time?