PDA

View Full Version : A car peeve.....

RICHARD
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
In the last few months I have noiticed that there are more IDIOT features
put into cars lately.

Back in the day cars had a needle for the temperature, alternator, gas and
speed.

Now there is a computer read out for speed, temp, AC, volts and god knows what.

-------------
"SERVICE ENGINE SOON"??

That should be changed to

"Hey this light is on to prepare you to get the reaming of your life.
either it's a three dollar part and a 500 dollar labor charge or a 1,900 dollar widget and the labor is free. So, wait in the customer area, drink stale coffee and pray that the service tech don't come out and ask you to bend over and drop trou......"

-------------------

Your car can paralell park, warn you of things behind your bumper, warn you of things in your way....The commercial shows some moron talking to his squeeze when the lights in the dashboard flash to warn him he is coming up on another car.

He twists the steering wheel into the next lane and passes the car...

what happens when that lane is occupied?

refridgerated glove compartments and cup holders, heated cup holders\
rear view cameras, blue tooth and dvd players, Play station and computer modems.

I wish I could put tires on my house and drive it on the road :rolleyes:

----------

A few weeks ago two cars crashed head on, when the cops got there the laptop in the front seat of one car was still booted up...AH was probably answering email at the time,...

GPS and ON STAR.

I would love to be an ON STAR rep.....

"Hi ON STAR, I am lost!"

"So, if you are lost how do you expect me to know where you are?"

------------------------

Some high end cars will e maiil you to let you know that you have to go to the dealer for a 350 dollar spark plug change?

I love the fact that I can do all the work myself in my driveway and know exactly how much it will cost me for labor.....

Nothing, plus the cost of a cold drink after I am done....

I love technology! :eek:

Catty1
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Channel Humor: 10 Ways Our Cars Would Be Different If Microsoft Developed Them

27 February, 2007
By Possible, But Not Probable Source: GM Press Release. Adapted By: Robert M. Cohen

This issue of Channel Advisor came out late because my Outlook crashed and it took three days before we could get it up and running again and thus, I could access my notes. Thus, regardless of whether Bill Gates really said what the article says he did, or if GM responded the way the article says they did... the fact is, this week I really appreciate the sarcasm.

Adding to my appreciation is that over the years I have written several articles that compare the computer industry with the auto industry. My articles compared the rapid growth of each industry in their respective early years, the industry shakeout and how each were forced to meet the challenges of change.

Bill Gates Slightly Controversial Comment:
"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

General Motors Totally Controversial Response:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash & twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask: "are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

:D

lady_zana
04-21-2007, 05:13 AM
I *like* all the features on the new cars. Me, my husband, and a friend recently took a trip and knew our car would never make it all the way. (It barely made it to the rental place!) So we rented a car and told them we didn't really care what kind and they gave us a 2007 Grand Prix.

It came with cupholders in the back, a cd player, auto-everything, and the push-button keychain lock/unlock. Plus some other things we didn't know what did and were scared to touch!

After the trip when we had to give it back, I think all three of us wanted to cry :p Of course, knowing we were heading back to our 1994 sea-foam green Mizubitzi who's "special features" don't even include a clock was most of the problem :D

Laura's Babies
04-21-2007, 07:20 AM
When I saw RICHARD had started another thread, I could wait to read it. I let out a long sigh as I read. (Like the one you let out after a great meal or when I first arrive home from work.) THANKS RICHARD!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-21-2007, 12:27 PM
AW, I feel so SORRY for all of you who still have cars to drive I could cry! :p :D

moosmom
04-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Nothing, plus the cost of a cold drink after I am done....

Cold drink?? Like in "COLD RUM AND COKE???"

Hell, after all that, a cold BEER would be more like it!! :p

Babyboonie
04-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean Richard....I've just got a brand new car and was greeted with headlights that come on automatically, windscreen wipers that...come on automatically, plus a load of other stuff that.....guess what...comes on automatically! I'm dreading the day one of these things go wrong..it's gonna cost a fortune! Still, hands up, I did know about it all before I bought the car!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Oh for the good old days when someone walked in front with a flag.......................welcome back Richard, we missed you ;)

RICHARD
05-15-2007, 04:36 PM
vOLVO has just introduced a new security feature on the newer models.

It's a security feature that shows the heart beat of a crook if he has broken into you car and is still in there. The heartbeat registers on the keychain/alarm
fob to your keys.

People are complaining that the feature is a scare tactic and that feature is not really needed..

But just think for a second!

If you should happen to leave a loved one inside the car on a hot day you can make sure they are still alive withoiut having to walk up to the car!

I still love technology! :D

king2005
05-15-2007, 06:52 PM
The past couple weekends I got to drive in a $200,000.00+ Lexus... It had everything! In the rear window it had this sun visor you could auto put up! We played with it a lot.. up, down, up, down, up hehehe... then there was the sport or smooth control. The crazy tilting seats... too many buttons... cd changer in the dash & too many more things lol

the car is a 2002 & worth over $100,000.00!! Mine is a 1999 & worth $2200.00 lol

Andrew's mom has the coolest car lol