PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sorry..

animal_rescue
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I feel guilty and just plain awful about this but it really has to be done. I'm so sad to say that we have to rehome most of our pets. Infact Marty went to his new home tonight. The people were absolutely wonderful! They told me I could call and visit if I wanted to and that she would send me pictures of him, I plan to stay in contact as they are only an hour away from me, so I will go visit and see him. The reason, most of you know, is that my dad hasn't been very good to us and we're pretty much screwed up right now. We can't afford any of our pets, not even to take them to the vet since the vet has us on a pay only basis now. I've been paying for the cat/dog food for the past couple of months with no problem but not my mom has been asking me to help pay bills, I really don't make that much as is, so I'm having a hard time now. UGH I don't even know what to say, I don't think I can forgive my dad for this. Because it could have been prevented but it's too late now. All I can do is hope that everyone will find a good home like Marty did, we aren't in a rush to get anyone out of here but we struggling. Anyways the ones we are rehoming are Alex, Roxie, Emmy, Thor, Baxter, Sunny, and Paulie. I found a really nice bird woman in Michigan who will probably take both of the birds. So we'll see how things go from here.

crow_noir
04-21-2007, 12:29 AM
*hugs* So sorry that you have to go through all that you have.

LuckyNumber7
04-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Sometimes, unexpected and uncontrollable circumstances make us do things that we don't want to do :( About 7 years ago, I had a really bad personal crisis, had to take a leave of absence from work, and got evicted from my apartment. Due to my Mother's cat allergy, I had to find a home for my 3 beloved cats. I got so lucky - a Doctor my Mom works with took ALL THREE of them. It was still devestating though.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to part with your pets. I hope that you're able to find all of them excellent homes.

chocolatepuppy
04-21-2007, 05:44 AM
It's not your fault. I'm sorry you have to give up most of your pets. :( I know you will find them good homes. I hope you can keep some of them. {hugs}

Ginger's Mom
04-21-2007, 06:21 AM
I am so sorry things have turned out this way. Maybe things will turn around before you need to actually place any more animals. I am glad to see that the beautiful Maggie is not on that list. {{{Hugs}}}

pitc9
04-21-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through such a horrible time.
It's bad enough when people bring hard times apon themselves.. but when they don't realize what they are doing to others, it's even worse.
I hope thing get better for you very soon.
{{{hugs}}} to you.

Anita Cholaine
04-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Oh Megan, I'm so sorry :( Please don't feel guilty, you're doing the right thing trying to help your mom.

Hope you find great homes forall the pets.
((((HUGS))))

Alysser
04-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh no, Megan. I had no clue you were going through this. I'm SO sorry..{{{hugs}}} this is so unfair, but you are doing what is best for them and that show just how unselfish you are. I really hope they can find excellent homes, Megan, and I know you will find them the best of the best. Good luck!

{{hugs}}

Zippy
04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
(((HUGS)))
I am so sorry you have to rehome most of your fur and fid babies.I know you will find them wonderful homes.

Kfamr
04-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh Megan...

I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine the nightmare you're going through. :(

{{HUGS}}

jackie
04-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about these hard time.

I hope you can find safe and loving homes for all of your pets.

joycenalex
04-21-2007, 01:14 PM
((megan)) you're doing the best you can. try not to beat yourself up

luvofallhorses
04-21-2007, 01:28 PM
why are you sorry? it's not your fault, sweetie. ((((HUGS)))) I hope you are able to find them all good homes! :(

lute
04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh Megan! I'm so so sorry! :( It's an aweful feeling to be forced to give up your pets. If I can help in any way PLEASE feel free to PM me or give me a call. Anytime.

Roxyluvsme13
04-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Megan, I'm so sorry. At least we all know you will find every single one of them a great home. (((HUGS))) I'm here if you need me.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh, Megan.... I am so terribly sorry to hear this.... I don't even know what to say.... Good luck, and we love you!

Daisy and Delilah
04-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry that you have to rehome some of your pets. It's beyond your control. These things happen and there's nothing we can do about it. Don't beat yourself up over it. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Taz_Zoee
04-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Please do not be sorry or feel guilty about something that is beyond your power. At least you are going to find good homes for the animals and not just turning them over to a shelter where their fate would be unknown.
I wish you well during this very difficult time.

dukedogsmom
04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
How heartbreaking. I know you must feel so sad. I hope things get better for you soon. It must be so frustrating to know the situation is out of your control. Stick around here for support, ok?

Sevaede
04-21-2007, 09:13 PM
**HUGS** I am so sorry you're having a rough time! :(

animal_rescue
04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
You guys are so sweet, thank you all for the support and help. I'm mostly sorry to my pets, I feel like I'm betraying them in a way. Even if I am helping them I guess. I know things happen for a reason, but I'm still hoping things will get better soon. Thank again guys!

DrKym
04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Megan I am only a phone call away...you have the number just dial, I will do whatever I can to help.

Hugs and Love
Kym

cyber-sibes
04-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm mostly sorry to my pets, I feel like I'm betraying them in a way. Even if I am helping them I guess. Of course you are helping them. You have given them love and great care for as long as you possibly could, and you are making every effort to find them new homes to go to where they will be loved & cared for. I'm truly sorry your circumstances have taken this turn, but remember that nothing lasts forever. When the time is right, animals who need your help will come into your life. We don't really "own" them, we have the priviledge of being their companions & caretakers until Great Spirit requires them elsewhere. (((hugs)))

Pawsitive Thinking
04-23-2007, 06:37 AM
You are making your pets welfare your top priority, which in my book makes you a pretty wonderful person. I do hope things turn round for you and your Mom soon