PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing elephants

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Was woken in the early hours by the sound of a herd of elephants rampaging around Brody's room.

I went to investigate but when I turned on the light **poof** the elephants vanished! All that was left in the room was a small, fluffy, grey cat and the headless body of a ...................bat :eek:

Brody has now been nicknamed Ozzy..... :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Oh no! Sam brought a bat in from the garden once. I always wondered if she had found it dead, because I couldn't think how she would catch a bat. A lovely little thing it was too. :(

Perhaps you should tell Brody that bats are a protected species?

Laura's Babies
04-20-2007, 05:20 AM
He had a BAT? I bet he was having the time of his life with that thing. I have to say, this is the first time I have heard of a cat with a bat... but why not. LOL! I BET that was a lot of noise..

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2007, 05:41 AM
He had a BAT? I bet he was having the time of his life with that thing. I have to say, this is the first time I have heard of a cat with a bat... but why not. LOL! I BET that was a lot of noise..

I actually saw my RB Cally catch a bat in mid-flight! She lay in wait on the shed roof and timed her leap perfectly. Amazing considering she couldn't jump onto a window sill without bumping her nose :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-20-2007, 07:04 AM
OMG, how did she get that bat in her room? :eek: ?? Poor bat.... :(

I have never seen a free bat , only at the zoo once; it was hanging upside down!

catnapper
04-20-2007, 07:11 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wow is Ozzy a great magician!

smokey the elder
04-20-2007, 07:28 AM
A friend of mine had a cat who had caught and (partially eaten) a bat. She got the cat a rabies booster, on the recommendation of her vet.

Freedom
04-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Any idea how he bat got IN the room in the first place?

Brody, your elephant friends can't have night visits.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Any idea how he bat got IN the room in the first place?

I think she caught it and brought it indoors with her

JenBKR
04-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I seem to have those disappearing elephants at my house too. They run up and down the steps making odd screeching noises. They have never produced a bat though, and especially not a headless one! You should take that magical Ozzy on the road!

momcat
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Now that must have been quite a jolt seeing a bat instead of the elephants you were expecting. Brody is such a brave and skilled hunter protecting his family from that pesky bat!

Brody, you did a super job protecting your home and family from that creature! Concatulations on a job well done!!!

catmandu
04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I have the Three Elephant army, The Kitten Trio and sometimes Older Cats John and Precious and once in a while JJJ3.
No Bats here but The Tubster got out and caught, or found a Robin.
Poor Little Bird.