PDA

View Full Version : Alert Edmonton garbage man saves tiny Yorkshire terrier

Catty1
04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
What IS it with some people??? :mad: At least this has a happy ending.

Alert Edmonton garbage man saves tiny Yorkshire terrier from trash can
Published: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 | 7:34 PM ET
Canadian Press

EDMONTON (CP) - An alert garbage man rescued an injured Yorkshire terrier dog buried under trash at the bottom of a garbage can.

The Edmonton Humane Society says the little Yorkie, weighing just two kilograms, was encrusted in feces, urine and garbage when the city employee spotted her under several bags of trash on Wednesday.

The dog was found in north-central Edmonton and has no identification.

Humane Society official Diane Shannon says it's remarkable the tiny dog was able to survive the ordeal.

She says she it was a cruel act and hopes animal protection officers can find the person responsible and charge them under the law.

The little dog was being assessed at the shelter and it's believed may have an injury to her hind leg.

mr.chiwawa
04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
That makes me sick to my stomach. At least the trash man had a heart and saved the poor little thing. Hopefully she will have a peacful recovery and someone loving and kind will adopt her. poor thing whats wrong with people??? :confused:

chocolatepuppy
04-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank goodness that man found the dog! It had to be a sick person to do that. :mad: My RB Mandy and her three littermates where thrown in a dumpster.Thank goodness someone found them.

Miss Z
04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh my, that's absolutely disgusting and a pathetic act for any human being to perform. I'm glad that she was found and I hope the future is good for that poor little pup.

lvpets2002
04-20-2007, 12:53 PM
:mad: That just makes me sick that someone just threw this baby away.. Poor wittle one.. I hope this baby will be ok.. Many thanks to the Gentleman that saved this baby..

finn's mom
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't see how it could be an accident that the puppy ended up in there, but I'm also not going to completely assume it was done intentionally or at least I'm not going to assume it was done maliciously. A child could certainly do that without knowing the dangers it posed to the puppy. My friend's child accidentally threw the family's hamster away once.

Anyway, the reason I'm not going to automatically assume this is a case of horrible cruelty, is because there are already plenty of those cases out there to make me ill. I'm just glad the puppy was found and will hopefully have a good forever home soon.

mike001
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I can't see it as being a mistake , but whether it was or not, as long as the pup will survive is all that matters. Totally disgusting the things people do today.