PDA

View Full Version : The Death Howl....video

Glacier
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Someone asked if Anvik still does his death howl...here's proof that he does. This was shot tonight while I was getting the dogs' dinner ready. The quality of the picture isn't great, but the sound comes across nicely!
http://www.dropshots.com/photos/94498/20070418/183200.jpg (http://www.dropshots.com/videolink.php?userid=94498&cdate=20070418&ctime=183200&showVideo=1)
Photo Sharing (http://www.dropshots.com/) - Upload Video (http://www.dropshots.com/) - Video Sharing (http://www.dropshots.com/)
Keep in mind that Anvik is in a building, behind a window and can see me. He doesn't reach his full volume level unless I'm out of sight.

DrKym
04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
poor thing!! Don't you EVER FEED him?? He sounds so pathetic! Made me want to go and give him my dinner! :p

Anvik, why don't you and your sis Teyha come visit me? I will feed you lots of nummies so you wont have to cry so sadly for a measly portion! ;)

Glacier
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL, I actually feed him extra! He needs to gain a few pounds so he gets additional yummies!

He makes that racket for all kinds of reasons. The only noise complaint I've ever had about my dogs was the very first night Anvik lived here!

Cinder & Smoke
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
He makes that racket for all kinds of reasons.

:eek:
:D

He sure did "draw a crowd" here at the Ranch!

Both Cinder and Smokey came on a dead run from their nap location on the BigBed;
Bowser was sound asleep beside my puter chair.
The arrival of Clipp & Clopp woke him up ... and even his not-so-sharp ears started
rotating in search mode!

Smokey stared at the monitor with a dreadfully *serious* look, ears UP;
Cinder *cocked* her head side to side and kept folding and extending her ears.

I'd imagine he can draw a crowd from quite a distance, if he really gets *cranked up*!
;)

K9soul
04-19-2007, 07:41 AM
:eek: Well that's a good death howl Anvik! Raven has her own "death howl" when she realizes I'm leaving the house without her! You'd truly think she was being left to die!

Pam
04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Cinder *cocked* her head side to side

Ripley had the same reaction while sitting on my lap looking at the monitor. Occasionally he would look at me as if to say "is my fellow K-9 friend OK, Mom?" :)

lizbud
04-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Poor guy must be saying something terrible in dog language. :( Smokey
and Maggie looked so concerned with the howl. :)

ramanth
04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Awww poor Annie! ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Raven has her own "death howl" when she realizes I'm leaving the house without her!
You'd truly think she was being left to die!

Ditto for Miz Cinder! :rolleyes:

All three carry on like Crazy-Dawg while I'm prepping to go out ...
"hard-feet" (shoes) on; pick up fire pagers & cell phone; put on coat ...
by this time they're ALL jumping up & down like crazed rabbits.
I drop the bombshell "You guys have to *wait*; I'll be back!" :(

Smokey and Bowser just look disappointed and go lay down; Cinder refuses to believe it
and continues bouncing around or goes to sit in front of the basement door.
I pass the peace offering - 1 bisquit for each ... Smokey & Bowser inhale theirs;
Cinder *spits* hers out in protest. :mad:
Some day she'll learn ... SmokeMutt has no shame - *snatch* & *gobble* -
Cinder's protest busquit is history!

The Racket starts as I progress toward and into the Bus ...
Cinder is in charge of Sound Effects; SmokeMutt & Bowser just *watch* ...
* a *YIPP* - *YAPP* or two as the garage door goes up
* serious *YIPP - *YAPPIN* as the Bus starts and pulls out
* Continuous *YAPP ~ WAIL ~ HOWL* as the garage door closes and the Bus leaves :(
* <silence> returns as the Bus reaches the street ...

;)

Husky_mom
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
OM Dog!!..... he just reminded me of a dog I had that did exactly that WHILE taking a walk!! :eek: ...... people looked at me as if I were doing something to her......

poor Annie......but more so, poor you ! I know that they must think of you when they hear Annie..... LOL

Ginger's Mom
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah, he sounds like our little Sammy. He makes that noise when his Mom goes out for her run without him.

Cinder & Smoke
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
... he just reminded me of a dog I had that did exactly that WHILE taking a walk!! :eek:
... people looked at me as if I were doing something to her...

Death Howls out in Public!!

I USED to trim Cinder & Smokey's nails after a swim ... soft nails cut easier.
Favorite spots were the Big Lake Parks ... swim ... then sit on a picnic table
and <clip> <clip> <clip>.
Cinder was always "pretty good" and quiet; SmokeMutt was a *whiner* and a paw-puller,
but we managed without a major disturbance ... till ...

One Phine Day ~~~
Swimmin completed, we adjourned to the Lake Milton Marina & Picnic Park.
Finished off Cinder's <clippin> without any big (or noisy) problems ...
OK, Smoke, hop up - you're next ...

<clip> = *yipp*
<clip> = *YIPP*
<clip> = *YAPP*
<clip> = **YIPP**
<clip> = *YEEE-OWLLLL*
<clip> = *WHIIIINE*

It was starting to hurt my ears.
And I felt a *burning* sensation on the back of my neck ...

I Looked Up = :eek:
We'd drawn an ANGRY Mob!
Must have been 20+ UPSET Picnickers assembled in the trees - *STARING*
at the Brute Abusing his poor dog!

I **sssstammered** "I'm JUST clipping his nails ..."

<mumble> <grumble> <Where's a Ranger> <Call the Cops> <and worse>

OMG!
We left in a hurry!

NOW we <clip> nails in the relative privacy of our own Basement!

/s/ the Brute

Husky_mom
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM

I USED to trim Cinder & Smokey's nails after a swim ... soft nails cut easier.
Favorite spots were the Big Lake Parks ... swim ... then sit on a picnic table
and <clip> <clip> <clip>.
Cinder was always "pretty good" and quiet; SmokeMutt was a *whiner* and a paw-puller,
but we managed without a major disturbance ... till ...

One Phine Day ~~~
Swimmin completed, we adjourned to the Lake Milton Marina & Picnic Park.
Finished off Cinder's <clippin> without any big (or noisy) problems ...
OK, Smoke, hop up - you're next ...

<clip> = *yipp*
<clip> = *YIPP*
<clip> = *YAPP*
<clip> = **YIPP**
<clip> = *YEEE-OWLLLL*
<clip> = *WHIIIINE*

It was starting to hurt my ears.
And I felt a *burning* sensation on the back of my neck ...

I Looked Up = :eek:
We'd drawn an ANGRY Mob!
Must have been 20+ UPSET Picnickers assembled in the trees - *STARING*
at the Brute Abusing his poor dog!

I **sssstammered** "I'm JUST clipping his nails ..."

<mumble> <grumble> <Where's a Ranger> <Call the Cops> <and worse>

OMG!
We left in a hurry!

NOW we <clip> nails in the relative privacy of our own Basement!

/s/ the Brute

ROFLMAO...... dotcha just love how they embarrass us....... LOL

Glacier
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM

LOL, Earle used to do very public death howls too! When he was a puppy, we lived in the city and when I'd take him for walks, he was supposed to sit before we crossed a street. Every time, he'd howl like I was chopping his paws off! All I wanted him to do was sit!! It was awful. I"m sure people thought I was beating him! Fortunately, he outgrew the behavior and we have no streets to cross on our walks anymore!

Sevaede
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
awwww! Poor wittle puppy boy! :D You're so cuttttte but I don't know if that will work on your mama there. :D Spanky started running around the computer desk when she heard that. Then I picked her up and she just cocked her head back and forth at the speakers like "what do i do?!?!" heh. :D Sadly, Spanky hardly ever makes a noise. I don't think she cares either way if I am gone or whatnot. :( :p

Freedom
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Dad is sitting watching Poirot on TV, I'm catching up here. I clicked on your video. Next thing I hear, after Anvik, is Dad, "what's going on, what are they doing to that poor dog? Is that the news?" Dog and cats didn't notice. I had to explain.

Poor Anvik. You are so hard done by!

Roxyluvsme13
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
He sounds so abused. ;) Don't you ever give the poor pooch some attention or love or anything? :p

I started laughing when the video started playing because Roxy got up from her position in the hallway and started cocking her head from side to side and pacing back and forth, whining. Then, Lily came off from the couch and started barking and growling at the computer. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
My goodness, what a loud boy!

cyber-sibes
04-19-2007, 10:57 PM
LOL! He sounds so pathetic. Really, Tamara, you didn't have to stand on his tail just to make him whine & cry like that! :rolleyes: (Sherman sounds a lot like that when I accidentally step on his tail)
Star perked her ears up & listened a bit, but whatever he's saying in "husky", she didn't seem too impressed....I guess she got the same "he's a big baby" vibe Tehya gets!

pessimisaurus
04-20-2007, 02:24 AM
HAHA! I loved it, he sounds just like Royal, only maybe amplified a bit haha though Royal goes very high pitched... what big babies! ;)

anna_66
04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
First let me say how much I LOVED hearing that, it really made me :D

Second...here's the reaction to the death howl (http://www.sharkle.com/video/125467/) at my house :eek: And let me tell you that was NOT the end of it...she kept doing it for at least a few minutes after I quit taping...LOL!!!
Thanks for making my morning Tamara!!!

Glacier
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Glad to be of assistance! That video is too cute! Roxy and Anvik could do a pretty good duet!

cyber-sibes
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
LOL! Anna, I'm glad you caught that on tape, what a riot! Roxey is too cute!

captain
04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
OMGoodness!!! Tamara, that made me laugh - my two came bolting into the study to see what was going on! Ruby tried to get up onto the desk ..... climbing all over me ....

Now Anna, that video made me laugh, but what made me laugh more was Huney's face ............ she looks at the camera as if saying "what on earth???"

Thanks guys - I needed that laugh.

Pam
04-21-2007, 05:46 AM
First let me say how much I LOVED hearing that, it really made me :D

Second...here's the reaction to the death howl (http://www.sharkle.com/video/125467/) at my house :eek: And let me tell you that was NOT the end of it...she kept doing it for at least a few minutes after I quit taping...LOL!!!

Oh Anna you have made my morning too! I am sitting here laughing! Roxey is such a riot and even Bon joined in!! LOL! And there is dear Huney wanting to be a part of the action too. :) I remember the video you posted once with all of them (especially Roxey) reacting to what I think I remember was your cell phone ringing. And then there was Bon in the swimming pool. You need to be posting more videos!! They are just the best!

anna_66
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I just had to bring this thread back up again!

It's been 3 years and I can play this video for my dogs and they still act the way they did the first time they heard it!
It's hard to believe all the comments I've had on it...all because of you Anvil:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GjsjhAbXRo

pomtzu
03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
OMG - my little Sparky is going bonkers. I should have known better than to have the sound up so he could hear it.

He's still trying to figure out where it was coming from - ears are laid back and he's pacing around and looking out the front door. He reacts the same way if he hears dogs on t.v.! :eek:;)

MonicanHonda
03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh your dogs crack me up. Delta has quite a bad howl when I'm leaving and she knows it's for more than normal. I left her for the first time a couple weekends ago and she howled like no ones business man. It's so cute but definitely not a good thing. lol

I love the doggies :)

jesse_3
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I wish I could hear this! I am at work and am afraid that I would get in trouble lol! From reading the posts, it must be something else! And Glacier, when is the last time you have posted all of your lovable huskies? I have to ask how is Deuce, he was one of my favorite boys!!!!

HoochsMommiee
03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
that poor thing sounds like someone is trying to hurt him.. smoochies to him

slick
03-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I just had to bring this thread back up again!

It's been 3 years and I can play this video for my dogs and they still act the way they did the first time they heard it!
It's hard to believe all the comments I've had on it...all because of you Anvil:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GjsjhAbXRo Oh my Dog Anna, you just made my whole week!!!! That was wayyyyy too phunny.:D:D:D

anna_66
03-27-2010, 06:49 AM
that poor thing sounds like someone is trying to hurt him.. smoochies to him

Nope nothing hurting either my dogs or Glaciers...they just love to howl!

Slick, glad the howling could make your week:D