PDA

View Full Version : My big ol' vicious GSD

3GSDMom
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Well, we all know just how vicious German Shepherds can be. I witnessed just how scary they are the other day.

I took Travis to Petsmart and Petco. Went through Petsmart, bought a few things and let. Decided to go look around Petco.

A little boy (around 3 or 4) comes running up to Travis. Travis turns his head and promptly.....plants a HUGE kiss on the boys face! :D

That little boy was just fascinated by the big ol puppy. He kept following us around the store and his mom kept saying "I'm sorry, he just loves dogs. He'll be following you around." Normally I get a little peeved when people just run up to my dog without asking, but this little boy was just too cute.

The whole time the little boy was hugging on Travis his mom was explaining to her daughter that Travis was a German Shepherd and "they are police dogs".

There's your typical vicious GSD for ya.

I must admit, I was a little weary at first. Travis has never shown aggression towards people, but because of his size I do often worry about him being around small children. He never gives me a reason to worry. ;) It was too adorable watching him interact with the small boy. I loved how his mom wasn't worried about him playing with the Big Mean GSD. :thumb: thumbs up to his mom!

The face of a blood thirsty killer ;)
http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/5195/2966482750100745648S500x500Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2966482750100745648KZGZmO)

chocolatepuppy
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I was a little scared to click on this thread! :eek: But I was brave and what do I see? Travis! Nothing to be afraid of. ;) You are so handsome Travis and what a good boy for being so nice to the little boy. :D

Taz_Zoee
04-17-2007, 06:05 PM
OH yeah, he looks very vicious to me. I think you need to bring him up here to me. I'll take him off your hands. I wouldn't want you to be burdened with such a "mean" dog. :p ;)

3GSDMom
04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
OH yeah, he looks very vicious to me. I think you need to bring him up here to me. I'll take him off your hands. I wouldn't want you to be burdened with such a "mean" dog. :p ;)

You are so kind (and brave!) :)

Taz_Zoee
04-17-2007, 06:20 PM
You are so kind (and brave!) :)

Well, ya know....I just want to help. Hee hee. :D

Karen
04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
My very first dog - best, smartest dog in the whole wide world, bar none - was a German Shepherd mix. With what? Maybe Doberman, who knows. Sheba was a full-grown stray when she "followed" my cousin Chrissy home, and Aunt Dottie called to see if my folks wanted her. I was a toddler, probably not even two years old. My Dad brought us all over to meet the dog, and the first thing I did (remember, I was really little!) was toddle over to this strange big black dog, grab her tail with both hands and yank as hard as I could. Dad was poised to dive between me and the dog, but instead of snapping at me - which she had every right to do - she just turned and looked at my Dad as if to say "Save me!"

Sheba came home with us that day, and she was the best, smartest dog in the whole wide world. She put up with countless abuse from me (all unintentional, I was little!) and was my best friend, stayed home with me when my siblings went to school without us, taught me to look both ways before crossing the street, and much, much more. When Grandma, who really didn't believe dogs belonged in the house, came to live with us, Sheba adjusted better than anyone. After finding her on the couch once (yes, our dogs were allowed on couches and beds, always!) and scolding her, Grandma never saw Sheba on a couch again. She might enter the room and find a warm, dog-sized spot on the couch, replete with fine black dog hair, but Sheba was curled up on the floor every time. My family has had other dogs since, but Sheba still ranks as the smartest of them, all these years later.

3GSDMom
04-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Now that was a sweet story. Something about those Shepherds ;)

Im hooked for life. Nothing better (to me) than a big ol GSD to share your home with.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Awww! Such a sweet story!

Alysser
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
He is so scary! How do you stand it! :D

I love your Travis. He's so handsome! :D

Crayons09
04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
OMG you have a "Monster" too!!! I thought I was the only one with one of those "man eateing" dogs :D You never know when that deadly tongue will come out and get you ;)

pitc9
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Ohhhh... I'm shaking I'm so scared!!! :eek:

:p
Please plant a smooch on that "Vicious" boy's nose from me! :D

M&M's Mommy
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
:( I can't see the pic :( Everyone seems to be able to see it okay... :(

3GSDMom
04-18-2007, 01:36 PM
:p

Will do :D

For anyone who can't see the picture, you can go here http://family.webshots.com/album/558674269VPZUux to see a bunch of Trav pictures :)

JenBKR
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
:eek: What a scary doggie! Aren't you scared to have him living with you?

haha to be honest, I actually used to be scared of GSDs because of a dog in my neighborhood when I was little. Pepper was HUGE and his family kept him chained up outside all the time :( . He would break off of the chain quite often and run around, and those times he was the nicest dog. But he was mean and scary when he was on the chain (not that I blame him!). So when my husband picked Roscoe out at the shelter, I was a bit nervous. But I walked him around a bit, got down on his level and talked to him and petted him, and it was all over from there....I was in love :D

cassiesmom
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
A little boy (around 3 or 4) comes running up to Travis. Travis turns his head and promptly.....plants a HUGE kiss on the boy's face! That little boy was just fascinated by the big ol puppy. http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/5195/2966482750100745648S500x500Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2966482750100745648KZGZmO)

Travis, you are soooo handsome! How dear of you to let the little guy give you a hug! Maybe he will have a GSD of his own some day. Could you please ask your Person to give you some petting for me, because this story gave me a BIG smile today! :D

lizbud
04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Blood thirsty killer? I don't think so. :D But he is a handsome fella. :)

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/5195/2966482750100745648S500x500Q85.jpg

Pawsitive Thinking
04-19-2007, 10:26 AM

One from me too - if he will allow you to get close enough :eek:

Kfamr
04-19-2007, 04:39 PM
How could you own such a viciously handsome creature!!! :eek: :p

3GSDMom
04-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Blood thirsty killer? I don't think so. :D

I always have to laugh when someone is frightened of him. You look at him and he's always got this dopey grin on his face. Not much to be afraid of there. He'd sooner lick you to death than anything else.

All kisses and pats will be passed along ;) :D