PDA

View Full Version : I have decided to.....

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
OK, all of you know by now that I have been making those kitty sofa's. Mike mentioned that we needed to make them to sell at the Cat Show in September. Spay Baton Rouge will have a table/booth there and we will sell them to benifit SBR. I sent pictures of them to Sandra and she is SO excited and wants to do it, even wants one for herself.

I return to work next week but when I get off in May, Mike and I will be making them to sell. Sandra wants to put them up on Spay Baton Rouge's web sight to sell and kick start the fund raiser. We will be searching for donations of scrap lumber from construction sights and other places so that could help keep the prices down on the price. Soon as we can get about 10 made, we will start selling them. Sandra said it is OK for me to sell them to the ones here that are interested in having one... as long as they sell, she don't care where the money comes from. She has a paypal account so that should help those of you that want one and have a paypal account.

First is a picture of Amy enjoying the one I made last for my own babies. I think this picture is so cute.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3075.jpg

Then the two I made yesterday to go on the SBR web sight.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3084.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3085.jpg

Get your orders in now so I will know how many I will need to make for my friends here.

Spay Baton Rouge web sight..
http://www.spaybatonrouge.org/

catnapper
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Yay Laura!! I knew they'd be awesome to make and sell. Good luck. And remember, my offer of fabric remains if you're interested.

Freedom
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I have store bought kitty sofas, there is no wood in them. It is all padding / foam.

Where do you put the wood?

DrKym
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Laura is there a choice in fabric? if we wanted more than one can they be done to go with "human" sofas? Let us know as I would be interested in a couple, if they wouldn't totally trash the (lousy) decor I have going now :) .
(read I am barely passing as eclectic decor, and the bubblegum pink one would so not help my feeble attempts at telling ppl I meant my house to look this way LOL)

Kym

Craftlady
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
So cute. How much? Shipping costs?

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Laura, what a great idea.:) I'm sure that you'll help them raise a lot of money.:)

Randi
04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
That's a great idea, Laura! They'll sell like hot bread out of the oven. :)

lvpets2002
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
:) :eek: Oh WoW these are just too Awesome.. I just love the one Amy has.. Could I just borrow her & the bed so we could cuddle.. :D Ok how much is the cost??

Zippy
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Wow :eek: Your very talented.Those are all really cute. :)

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok, lets see if I can answer all the questions..

The cost of them will depend on rather or not we can get the wood we use donated to make them.. It only needs scraps to make so we are hoping that will be easy to come by. Also, the cost depends on the fabric . ( I am a wise shopper and do not go for the expensive stuff, trying to keep the cost of them down.)

Dr.Goodnow....if you (or anyone) want something to match your decor, you can go get the fabric and send it to me. (Since I am going back to work and won't be back until May 23, that gives you plenty of time to shop for the fabric, get it and mail it. PM me for the address)

Craftlady, the shipping costs will vary depending on the materials we use to make them and the size they are... If I have a board that is 18 inches wide, that is what I use... 14 wide, I use down to 12 inches wide and the length depends on how much of it I have.. If it is exaclty right to cut them in half and get 2-24 inches long , that is what I cut. Understand, each one will not be exactly like the next one. Some deeper, some longer, some with high backs and arms, some with them shorter.. (I am NOT that good with that skill saw so I use it as little as possiable)

Freedom... the frame for these are all wood, plywood or planks of 12 inch width and other sizes. The seat in these two are foam (on top of the wooden bottom) but I ran out of the soft padding I use and hope to pick some more of that up this week.. (I buy large rolls at a uphostery shop)

catnapper, I seem to have forgotten what the offer was (Have that CRS disease).. refresh my memory please)..

I did the larger print for the answers to the direct questions so anyone else with the same question can find it easier... It is not meant to be shouting but for ease to find..

DrKym
04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
will be Pmming you...i already have the fabric( was going to try to re upohlster a few chair seats that did not go well lmao) so that will be wonderful!

I will certainly ask to be put down on the list for 2! Let me know when you get back the details of price +shipping and will paypal immediately!

Thanks so much for offering these to us also!

Kym

lvpets2002
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
;) You forgot me Laura.. Can I borrow Amy & her bed so we can cuddle & nap?? :D

nancys
04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Aren't these cute - my cats would love them. How much are you selling them for and what would postage be?
Nancy S. [

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Nancy, in post #10, it explaines all that.

lvpets... Amy would love that while I am gone to work, she says come on!

slick
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Will you ship to Ka-na-da??? :)

kb2yjx
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
WHERE are the sofas located on the website???

Trinityagain
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
I also have fabric I will donate. Lots of fabric actually.....and I will probably order one of them myself as well! They are truly awesome!

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Sandra is busy this week getting out reports and applying for grants for SBR, so I don't know when she will have a chance to post these on her web sight. Actually, I asked her to wait until we had about 10 made to start posting..

Trinityagain -PM me information about the fabric you have.. like how wide, how many yards, what type fabric ect... It would be great to have the fabric donated too! ALL proceeds will go to Spay Baton Rouge to SNR for Spaying/neutering all street cats in in that area.

Slick- I would imaging that shipping to Canada would be might expensive.. This is not a yes or a no since shipping cost would be factored into the price so it is up to you...

catmandu
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Would you accept a US Money Order or better yet a package of hard to get in the US
Big Animal Welafre Mice that can be sold to raise money.
I prefer that as its almost 10 dollars just to get an American Money Order.
The Found Cats to say the least are interested!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/a61d2cfd.jpg

The Angels have thier clouds to lie on.

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Gary, I would have to build one so big for those Found Cat piles that it would take a 18 wheeler to get it up there but I tell you what.. If we can get enough wood donated, I will pitch in my own fabric and make you one in exchange for some of those Canadian Mice that these cats in the USA love so much.. That would be a real novelity to sell too.. Will they have that Canadian Catnip? Oooooooo! I would have to buy some for my babies too!!!

catmandu
04-17-2007, 06:24 PM
They have a wonderful blend of Fresh Farm Cat Nip and Cat Nip sent by Mike and Carla of Cat Family.
And a 12 to 15 inch bed would be big enough and we would send at least 10 Big Mice , more if shipping is expensive.
You can send it snail mail , we are not in a rush!
The Found Cats are EXCITED!
I wonder who will get the first lie down!

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
I am not making anymore Gary, until I get back from work so it will be awhile.. Shipping, I am sure will be expensive to Canada.. I need to go to the post office and get a list of some sort as to their method of pricing if they have one..

critter crazy
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I am not making anymore Gary, until I get back from work so it will be awhile.. Shipping, I am sure will be expensive to Canada.. I need to go to the post office and get a list of some sort as to their method of pricing if they have one..I am pretty sure that you can get it on-line, just go to USPS.com.