PDA

View Full Version : How Much Should I Pay Dog Walker

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-09-2002, 10:14 AM
I found out that my friend's next door neighbor's daughter has a dog walking service. She says she walks each dog seperately. She wants $20.00 a day. Is that too much? She will walk her twice a day.

ramanth
07-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Wow... and I thought $10 was a bit much. If I walked a dog, I'd settle for a few dollars for a dog. Or someone donating to the shelter.

sasvermont
07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
I think I will change jobs.

I usually "ask" folks for $10 a day to house sit animals, which includes walking, feeding, cleaning up after them, sleeping with them..... Yikes. Of course, I don't ask friends for money and I don't do this for a living....ALTHOUGH...........................I might just change jobs!

Since I live in such a rural area, I couldn't support myself walking dogs. Lots of folks board dogs for a fee so that their owners can vacation etc.

Oh well. I think $20 is a bit much. But then I used to baby sit for 25 cents, yes, cents, an hour and 50 cents after midnight!

:eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-09-2002, 10:22 AM
I thought $20.00 was outrageous as well. I told her I would pay her $3 a day for Roxey to be walked once. I can take care of her when I get off work. I am paying my brother $3 a day to walke the Draker twice everyday. He wanted the extra money and Drake loves going walks!

I would get my brother to take Roxey out and on her walks, but he works like me during the day.

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 12:30 PM
I have never hired a dog walker, but I have never heard of anyone getting more than 20-30 a week. Sounds like highway robbery, that is a bit much

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2002, 12:35 PM
I have a dog walking business. We charge 5 dollars a day to walk a dog. We walk them for like 45 mins to an hour. We also swim with a lot of the dogs who love to swim (usually for 2-3 hours). I definitely think 20.00 is way to much. Geeze and we used to charge 5 bucks a week, we had to raise the price to 5 dollars a day cause my friend is obsessed with money. LOL. We also dog sit and Charge 5 dollars a day and it also includes everything that sasvermont includes. So yes, I think you are being ripped off. I wouldn't pay that much for someone to walk my dog.

Ashley

strass
07-10-2002, 09:07 AM
We live in the city (Chicago), and from the research I've done on dogwalkers, the most they ask around here is $15 a day. So yes, $20 seems like too much!