PDA

View Full Version : My Ex-boss Called Me

Marigold2
04-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Last Friday I recieved a surprise call from my ex-boss. I quit my job 16 months ago. I was having a lot of problems with my neck and back due to a fall I had taken several years ago and do to the fact that I developed a pinched nerve and artritis, very painful.
So he calls last Friday and he wants me back.:eek: I was so shocked. We talked a bit and I told him I would love to come back. Great. Then I tell him about my neck and back problems and explain to him that I can only work part time as sometimes I am in a lot of pain and I get charlie horses in my fingers, arms, etc. He said ok. Then he asks me how much I made before I left, I tell him and he offers me more money. :D :D Is this cool or what? Not only do I get to work with a incredibly intelligent DR but a truly nice man. I start next week. I am nervous and excited. I will miss being able to sleep in and do what I want all day, but I will love having spending money again. I hope that my neck and back hold up and do not give me too much trouble. Oh and the best part is I get to wear scrubs again, I don't have to buy office cloths. I love wearing scrubs.

joycenalex
04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
congrats on the job, sounds as if your dr is a jewel. now to the scrubs, PM me and we can talk, my hospital is in the process of making all the xray staff wear one color/type, and i have a lot of ones i cannot wear anylonger, maybe you can get use from them.

Freedom
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
This sounds like a great situation for you! wonderful news!

(You may want to call him your former and future boss, not your "ex!")

Laura's Babies
04-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, that is quite a feather in your cap that HE called you and asked if you would come back! Congratulations!!

lizbud
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds good. If you enjoyed working there before, why did you leave?
Will you have medical coverage with this job? These are the questions I
would mull over.

Duh, you left because you had trouble with the pain.Sorry I skimmed over
that part. :o

cassiesmom
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Congratulations and best wishes, Marigold2!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Wow, congratulations! Sounds like he really thought you did a good job for him to call you unexpectedly like that. Good luck! :)

DrKym
04-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Wonderful news! I am so happy for you ! I will send lots of "pain stay away" energy out for you!

Keep us updated.

crow_noir
04-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

:D :cool:

catnapper
04-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Wow, what a great boss! He might say he's not great, YOU ARE! You must be a wonderful worker to have him so eager to have you back. *pats on the back*