PDA

View Full Version : Can cats make you crazy?

doolittleky
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
This is a story I came across online while looking for currents events for the girls in the dorm for homework.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070416/FEATURES06/704160342

DrKym
04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Well that clears up alot in this household! I will from now on blame the cats! :D

Freedom
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Hehehe, and I thought it was just me!

CultureJunky
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
That's nothing new actually, I've always been aware of the diseases that you can get from cat feaces. It also states it on Litter packets.
They're just trying to scare monger people!
And nothing would take me away from my cats anyway, I look forward to the day when I'm an old crazy cat lady (as opposed to a young one probably! :) )

catmandu
04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I Just Hope That The People Who Dont Like Cats Dont Use This As An Excuse To Throw Thier Cats Out The Door.
This Does Sound Like Fear Mongering To Me As They Never Mention The Solutions , Just The "problem"

Lizzie
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I definitely don't have it. I hate shopping and am always forgetting to think about my appearance. Yesterday, when I was at the store, I suddenly looked down at myself because I couldn't remember putting a sweater on over my skinny tank - I had. Perhaps that's coming from the cats also, forgetfullitis.

Laura's Babies
04-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I know I am cat crazy, is that the same?

rg_girlca
04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I had a feeling that the cats were responsible for me being the way I am. Now I have proof of it. LOL!!!!!

Medusa
04-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Whether they're responsible or not for my being crazy, which I am most definitely certifiable, my furkids are here to stay. I like to try and see the humor in everything; helps me get through the day. But articles like this breed fear and give people excuses to harm cats. Did you see the posts at the bottom of the article referring to cats as "vermin" and "nature's speed bumps"? Not funny. Not funny at all.

catnapper
04-17-2007, 08:07 AM
I don't know.... I don't like the way it was written. Very tabloidish ot me. A real scientist wouldn't be saying things like "its just so freaky" and then going on to say that having a cat when you're children are young can lead to schizophrenia. I forsee a lot of cats being dumped at the pound as result of this article.

And apparently women who have it become focused on their looks, shop more, and have more sex. :rolleyes: (last time I checked, a woman who really spent time on her looks did it because she was hoping to catch some guy's eye - whetehre she was single or trying to keep her husband interested!)

Either way, I have always been rather "odd" Long before I had cats of my own. So I can't necessarily blame my guys for my nuttiness though it would be a convenient excuse ;)

Catty1
04-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Of course, ALMOST at the END of the article, the person said that this didn't CAUSE schizophrenia - just if you had the underlying stuff already, it might push you over the edge.

That should have been the first sentence!! :mad: