PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon

elizabethann
04-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Anybody watching the marathon?

What a crappy day to run 26 miles.

lvpets2002
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
:) No not watching.. I am at work cant you tell {on Pet Talk} :p .. How is it going?? Yew wet & cold UUKK..

pitc9
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I wonder if this has been the worst weather for it?

Karen
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
It goes right by the end of my street, and there aren't even as many people parked blocking my street as usual. I did hear the cheering when presumably the first group - the leaders went by.

elizabethann
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
A Russian won the women's division and a Kenyan won the men's. In fact 4 Kenyan's came in - 1, 2, 3, 4.

No records were broken because it was just too nasty out.

I'm "working" too. :D

It's actual hard to work because the weather is so bad and there is massive flooding all over the state. My BIL just got called in. He's with the National Guard and I think they are starting to evacuate some people in low lying areas.

So that's my excuse for not working. :D

elizabethann
04-16-2007, 11:38 AM
It goes right by the end of my street, and there aren't even as many people parked blocking my street as usual. I did hear the cheering when presumably the first group - the leaders went by.

When they showed it on t.v. some of the areas were empty, where they would normally be 4-5 people deep!

I've never been but I've always wanted to. I should have gone today. I probably could have found a parking space. :D

lvpets2002
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
:) Doesn't the Kenyan men win every year??

Karen
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Not every year, but they often win - and it's no surprise, given how much of certain Kenyan cultures involve running - from childhood on! And, of course, they never have to cancel training because of blizzards at home ...

Yes, this would have been the year to come, our street is usually lined with cars by early morning (the Marathon runs by the end of our little street) and we cannot get anywhere for hours aftrewards. Right now, my street looks normal - as in empty! I'm sure the route is still blocked, and I couldn't drive anywhere, but I think everyone decided to watch from home this year.

Rachel
04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
A young friend of mine did the marathon. It is the 8th one she has done and her second Boston. She is 28 years old. I worry how this will affect her joints as she ages. Other than that, I am very proud of *my* Molly. (I spent a lot of time with her when she was a little girl, but I can's take any credit for her athletic inclination.)