PDA

View Full Version : They are here!! (And EXCITING news)

jenluckenbach
04-15-2007, 02:13 PM
The new fosters are here.

I (temporarily) have Fritto. 9 year old boy who came in place of Little John. L.J. has an URI, and was still in isolation and could not be released. Fritto is a VERY confident boy. Walked right out of his carrier and had dinner.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/4-15-07Fritto.jpg

I have Octavius, who will now be named 8-Ball. He is a gorgeous long haired boy who will be in need of some grooming. (now isn't it lucky for him that I happen to know someone who can do that for him? ;) )
He took a liking to Cameo instanty, but then decided he needed to hide out under the couch for a while until things settled down.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/4-15-078-Ball.jpg

And I have Zaney. Much more inmidated by all the newness than I expected, but I real sweet boy. But Finn (who was so terrific with all the other cats) took an instant DISLIKE to home. :( I tried to get a photo of Finn's bristle brush tail, but they did not get.
Zaney:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/4-15-07Zaney.jpg

Now for the best news ever. But in order for the miracle to be truly appreciated, I must start at the begining.

So here is the story......

"N", the driver for the shelter, called this morning. She was intimidated by the Nor'easter (super heavy rain storm) we were getting. She did not want to let the cats down :( But was afraid to make the drive.

When "N" reached the shelter to get the cats and determine how the driving was, "S" was there at the shelter. "S" just happened to be going to Easton (the city we were meeting in). So "S" said she would drive the cats for the rendezvous.

The drive from the shelter to Easton was 1 hour. During that 1 hour Taz (the 18 year old cat) busted out of her carrier and rode the entire way at "S's" side. "S" informed us that she wanted to permanenetly adopt Taz!

WOO HOO!!!!!

A miracle in the making!

"N" was afraid to drive, "S" just happened to be at the shelter at the right time, And Taz found her new forever mom.

Anyone else have goose bumps???

OH, one more side note.. As you read on Taz's bio, she is deaf. "S" is a sign language teacher.

critter crazy
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
What great looking Kitties!!! I am covered in goosebumps, after reading Taz's Story! WOW!! Such a happy and perfect ending!

Lizzie
04-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank you for letting us know the wonderful news about Taz, that's a great relief. Your fosters are very attractive cats and you chose my favorite colours - black, tabby and tuxie.

Freedom
04-15-2007, 04:02 PM
The e new fosters are looking so great. And the Tax story, wow! I am coninutally amazed here on PT as to how cats seem to land with the "right" person. It gives a warm feeling, doesn't it.

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Jen, your new fosters are adorable and will hopefully find their forever loving homes soon.:)

The story you told us about Taz and "S" gave me LES. What a wonderful story with a very happy ending. I've always believed that things happen for a reason and Taz and "S" were meant to be together.:)

jennielynn1970
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Awe... how sweet!!! I love the pic of Octavius!! Good thing he didn't come to me for grooming!! Speaking of... Jorgie told me he needs to be scheduled in shortly as he's matted by his ruff and on his belly a little bit. Still a shit about letting me groom him... Sigh!

Zaney is adorable!!!

I actually am getting a new foster, lol. I'm taking in Zachariah from the shelter. ALL 24 POUNDS OF HIM!!! Joyce is afraid he's not eating. Hmmm... a diet might help, lol. But seriously, we're worried about fatty liver if he continues to not eat. He misses his family terribly, and this is the 2nd time they've dumped him at the shelter in the past 2 months. Unless they take him back permanently, they are NOT getting him back from me!

catmandu
04-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I Have A Feeling That The Cat Angel Search And Rescue Squad Helped Taz Get Out Of That Cage So She Could Get A Furr Ever Home.
Thats Great News And We Wish You Good Luck With Those Foster Cats.we Sure Wish That That Big Fritto Would Move In.
Hes Such A Big Bold Boy!!

Prairie Purrs
04-15-2007, 05:37 PM
The newbies are adorable (LOVE Fritto!). And Taz's story is just heartwarming!

jenluckenbach
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Update (already)

8-Ball is NOT neutered. OOPS! Oh well, that can be remedied. But he cnnot bunk in the same room as Cameo who has not been spayed yet.

Zaney seems to have an infection in his scrotum. May have happened after neutering. I will probably have him at the vet tomorrow just for a professional opinion.

Fritto is just perfect. :)

Laura's Babies
04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
THAT story makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!! :eek:

OK.... NOW may I remind everybody of what I have said many times? God leads us to where we are suppose to be and when we are suppose to be there"

Remember me telling you about Chip and Dale... "When the timming is right" ?

This had His hand in it from the get go! Makes me believe even deeper in what I already believe,

What a wonderful story and may Taz have a wonderful life in his new home! God Bless all of you for what you all do for his wonderful unwanted creatures.

You better be glad I don't live near you or I would be there, grooming tool in hand asking "WHERE'S Octavius?".. What a beauty he is!

jenluckenbach
04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
OK.... NOW may I reming everybody of what I have said many times? God leads us to where we are suppose to be and when we are suppose to be there"

Remember me telling you about Chip and Dale... "When the timming is right" ?

This had His hand in it from the get go! Makes me believe even deeper in what I already believe,

AMEN!

Laura's Babies
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Scooter's Mom
04-15-2007, 06:30 PM
I love the story of how Taz chose their new owner! It's wonderful.

The kitties you brought home to take care of are so sweet. I hope you have a lot of success with them. Give them all some extra love from me.

rg_girlca
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
AWWWW Jen, what lovely fosters you have there and that story about Taz is very heartwarming. Enjoy your life Taz. You picked a winner for sure. :)

momcat
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Those are a group of beautiful kitties, Jen. How lucky for them to have found you to be their foster! These guys are in for more love and caring than they ever knew possible.
That's quite a story about Taz! Things like this confirm by belief that our pets choose us. Wishing Taz many years to enjoy the love, care, and the life every kitty deserves with his new furever family :)

K & L
04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
OMG Jen what a perfect story! You've got to feel proud, happy, excited, teary, all in one! Wonderful work.

cassiesmom
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I Have A Feeling That The Cat Angel Search And Rescue Squad Helped Taz Get Out Of That Cage So She Could Get A Furr Ever Home.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Catmandu's Angel Kitties were in the right place once again!