PDA

View Full Version : About a shelter in Kentucky

Ann
07-09-2002, 05:54 AM
I read the following article on PETA's website (http://www.peta.org) today and was thoroughly disgusted and saddened. If anyone lives in the Kentucky area, please take a few minutes to call or write the officials and complain about this. Trust me, if I was rich enough I'd call every single one of those people.

Here's the article http://peta.org/alert/automation/AlertItem.asp?id=493.

Since I don't have Real Player I have not watched the video (and even if I had it I don't think I'd be able to watch it anyways), but be warned that I am pretty sure it's even more upsetting than the article itself.

Thanks for your time!

Pam
07-09-2002, 07:07 AM
This is just horrible! I couldn't watch it either and am not sure I could stomach it. This is just gut-wrenching! :(

Sudilar
07-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Cannot look. :(

Former User
07-09-2002, 11:17 AM
I watched it till 3 minutes, that's when that horrible person starts killing those dogs... This has completely ruined my day and I'm sick to my stomach. I wish I had never seen this and I wish so hard this wasn't true.
Is it necessary to post stuff like this...
Then again,who told me to look:(

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 01:34 PM
That is so terrible.

moosmom
07-09-2002, 03:21 PM
I am sick to my stomach. I watched up until I saw that digusting pig of a human being shooting the dogs and had to turn it off. No one forced me to look either. Something needs to be done. There is absolutely no excuse for it! I think I'm going to cry now :( :(

Ann
07-11-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
I watched it till 3 minutes, that's when that horrible person starts killing those dogs... This has completely ruined my day and I'm sick to my stomach. I wish I had never seen this and I wish so hard this wasn't true.
Is it necessary to post stuff like this...
Then again,who told me to look:(

Oh, I'm so sorry... I never even watched the video in the first place but the article itself was enough to ruin my day :( I'm sorry for upsetting you all so badly, I just wanted to get things like this out in the open... It's like that quote by someone "All that's necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". Know what I mean? I won't post about these things in the future though, seems like it does more worse than good :( So sorry!

lizbud
07-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Ann,

You did nothing wrong by posting that sad report. It is
very very sad that this kind of thing still happens in 2002.
The only way they can get away with it is because #1, It is
a small town in that state. #2, people don't know(or want
to know) how their dog overpopulation problems are solved.
I am not inviteing more of these stories, but only want to
say that unless people are made aware of a problem, it can't
ever be corrected. There are a lot of people who visit P T, but
don't post. You never know who might be influenced to make
a positive difference for these poor dogs. Liz.

Ann
07-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks Liz *hugs*

If I ever do post anything like this again, I will make sure to post a HUGE warning in the thread's name so people can avoid it.

sammi
07-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Ann, Lizbud said the right thing - you did nothing wrong. I have not watched or looked at it yet (but I will and I have been forwarned). Before I joined this message board I had NO idea what a "Puppymill" was and I think I was like a lot of others I just didn't want to know because then it hurt & was easier to just avoid the topic. If we don't see these types of articles nothing will ever get done about them. And one of us reading this may help save some animals a life of hell.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2002, 09:13 PM
I watched it and it was terrible. I can't believe that this is happening here in the United States or any where for that matter. It was hard to watch but people need to know that this sort of thing is still going on. Hopefully enough people can get together to stop these Puppy Mills. The people that do this kind of thing should be put to death. This makes me so mad. :mad: