PDA

View Full Version : Samantha with color!

Laura's Babies
04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
I came across some fabric today that Mike gave me and fabric I had left over from the curtians I made for his RV. So, I thought, why not make Kilinger and Yetts a sofa that would match his RV curtians... (it sounded like a good idea at the time)

So, I got it made and I sat it on my kitchen table until he saw it and wanted to take it home.. (and to keep MY babies out of it)....OPPS! Mistake! It got claimed!

Once he saw it. he didn't have the heart to take it away from her so he politely declined saying he didn't have the room... So, now Samantha has her OWN bed. Her black coat really does stand on on these colors and I promise, I did not edit these pictures in any way... these are how they came out and she looks superimposed in them but she was not! I was stunned at how vivid she stands out in these but these are some of the best pictures I have gotten of her yet!

The soafa alone...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3063.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Samanthasopretty.jpg

Just saying "HI" to all of my PT friends!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Samanthaham.jpg

Scooter's Mom
04-14-2007, 07:56 PM
How precious! Samantha you look lovely against that fabric color.

I really wish I knew how to sew. Some day I'll learn. (I used to back in another life... junior high I sewed a lot and even made a dress, but can't remember to save my life).

Karen
04-14-2007, 08:15 PM
You didn;t make that sofa for anyone but Samantha - admit it! ;)

Laura's Babies
04-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Samantha likes that perch and the pad on the floor for Amy, I really made it for Mike... ( actually his "Fur brats" Klinger who is also black and his beautiful Yetta) The fabric and padding was something he gave me and it matches what is in his house.. But I (nor Samantha) am not complaining, except I am running out of room in my house! :rolleyes:

Freedom
04-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Posh!

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
She looks so happy in her new kitty sofa.:)

rg_girlca
04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Laura, all of your beds are absolutely beautiful, but this one has to be favorite as I just LOVE tigers. How adorable your kitties look in the beds. :)

Great job. :D

Laura's Babies
04-15-2007, 08:16 PM
rg_girlca, I bought that tiger fabric when I found it marked down to about $2 a yard and I bought about 5 yards of it. It is high quality fabric and I had no idea what I would do with it but I HAD to have it.... That is what I do, buy good deals when I find them, stash them away until I find a good use for them and when Mike said he needed curtians and asked me to go with him to pick out some fabric... mentioning that he would love something with tigers... I remembered it.. He was like me and fell in love with it and gave me my money back on it right on the spot... I have to say too, that those curtians look perfect is a "mans house"... Not to foo-foo'ish for a man.

I wish I could find some more of it somewhere.

catnapper
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
These little sofas are great Laura!

How big are they? We discontinue fabric all the time at work and I could send you some of the nicer samples that we'd otherwise throw away if they were large enough.

Medusa
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Love, love, love the sofa. If I knew how to sew, I'd be making all my furkids their own sofas. No, I wouldn't. I hate to sew. But I can tell you love it. :p

Laura's Babies
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Medusa, no sewing is invloved, it can all be stapled! The first one (big blue one) was all stapled, not a stitch on it. I am trying different ways to see which gives the best results. It does do better stapled because in order to put the sides on, you have to screw the side to the back.. Screwing through the fabric chews up the fabric and the screws show...... Opps, now the pillows are sewed on them all but they do not have to be made. (I make them because I know Amy like pillows).

Ever hung wallpaper? If you've covered a wall, you could cover these!