PDA

View Full Version : I am very sad!!

critter crazy
04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Today is not a good day!! I seem to be missing 2 chickens and 3 Ducks!! My hubby called me outside about 30 mins agop, and showed me a pile of feathers in the yard. The birds are no where to be found!! I am so F*****g Mad right now!! I know damn well that the next door neighbors dogs had something to do with it! I have chased those damn dogs out of my yard numerous times, cause they were chasing my birds!! I even complained to the neighbor, and his response was to tell me to just shoot the dogs!!! WTF???? If my birds are not back in their coop by dark, then there is no hope!

I JUST WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!:( :mad:

Kalei
04-14-2007, 05:30 PM
OH my goodness! I can understand why you are so upset. I'm so sorry:( I hope that they will come back to you. And what lousy neighbors, why do they even have dogs if they don't care if you would shoot them? That is so stupid, and I'm sure you would never even think of shooting a dog. If I were you I"d definately give those neighbors a piece of my mind.

I will pray that your birds come back, please keep us updated.

lute
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
OH NO! I'm so sorry! Maybe you could catch the dogs in your yard next time and take them to the humane society. If not call animal control. I hope your birds turn up!

DrKym
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Ohhhh Maggie! I am so sorry, what an idiot neighbor you have! I will never understand people like that! He won't understand why you are upset about the animals if he feels that way about his dogs :(

Freedom
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
He won't understand why you are upset about the animals if he feels that way about his dogs :(

I agree. And I think the other idea is a great one if you can organize it. just "poof" those dogs away. Doesn't sound like he will care; and you could help them to a better situation.

I am so sorry about the missing feathered friends! I was just admiring your photos of them earlier today!

critter crazy
04-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I just went and counted all my birds, as they are in the coop nesting. There is now only 1 chicken missing, and still 3 ducks missing! :(

Genny
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry; I know you must be so afraid of what might have happened----I know how I'd feel if some of my ducks were missing--I'd go crazy!

There was a neighbor's dog that stayed around our house all the time last summer. We have ducks and cats and it would watch them all the time and stay at our front gate trying to get in whenever we would walk out, so my mom finally had to call our neighbors and tell them. They got a dog pen and keep it penned all the time. I hate for it to always be penned up, but I love my ducks and they're just too special to risk a dog killing them when the owner should be keeping up with their pet. But, our neighbors are really nice people so don;t get me wrong--it was just a bit of a problem when their dog was here all the time!!!! :D

I hope you find your little chicken and ducks soon!!!! Good Luck!!!!

critter crazy
04-14-2007, 08:03 PM
If they are out somewhere just scared to come home, I am still worried, as tonight we are expecting to get dumped with snow! 18-24 inches!! I pray that they are somewhere safe!

Argranade
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Aww I'm so sorry :(

Have you gone threw the hole nabour hood? I think you should or maybe there hiding somewhere near the house .. I hope you find them before it starts to snow. I know excacly how you feel, I had my pigeons missing but thank God they all came back home in the morning .. I belive a cat spooked them all.

Ducks don't go far away from home so they should be somewhere, hopefuly those feathers where just a miss and your duckies and that chicken are safe waiting till morning .. I don't know. =(

critter crazy
04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
well first thing this morning, before i even woke up, hubby went out and scoured the whole property, 13acres, and there is no sign of them! they havent come home. The 3 remaining Ducks are wandering around completely lost, they have never been seperated since Hatching. I am not sure how this is going to affect them. The 3 missing ducks include, my Crested girl Sweetpea, my Cayauga Drake waddles, and My Cayuga girl ebony! The missing Chicken is my Ancona Girl Frannie.

Sweetpea
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Chickens/100_8284_renamed_13540.jpg
waddles
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Chickens/100_7537.jpg
Ebony
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Chickens/100_7532.jpg
Frannie
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Chickens/100_5105.jpg
:( :( :( :(

Scooter's Mom
04-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry they're not home yet.

I have a particular fondness for Sweetpea. I pray they'll all come home.

K9soul
04-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry :(. I pray you will find them and that they are okay. You must be beside yourself. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts.

chocolatepuppy
04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I hope they are ok and you find them.

Argranade
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Awwww poor SweetPea and the rest! :(

I pray you'll find them all safe and sound, do you have hawks around?

I hope your nabours dogs did not touch them, just incase maybe you should go talk to them .. ask if they spotted any of your duckies and that chicken, someone around your hole nabour hood must have spotted some ducks hopefuly & the chicken. =(

lute
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
i really hope you can find them. :(

Babyboonie
04-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Sorry to read your upsetting thread this morning.....I hope they return home promptly. Keep us updated.

As for the neighbours, I agree with quite a few others that have posted...why have they got the dogs in the first place if they have told you to shoot them for entering your yard???? Or is this their way of making trouble? I'm not sure about the laws in America, but surely shooting someone's dog isn't allowed, regardless as to whether the owner has told you that its ok to do so??? Over here in England we have the RSPCA, which is a society dedicated to the protection of cruelty to animals - is there anything like that over by you? Might be worth getting in contact with them and reporting your neighbours? I shouldn't make judgments, but it doesn't seem as though they really care for those animals.

Suki Wingy
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
We have the ASPCA and then local SPCAs in America
If he told you to shoot them, next time they come around take them to a rescue even if it means renting or maiking a catch pole.
Hope your critters are ok.