PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bull

elizabethann
04-14-2007, 05:12 PM
So I was walking Fenway home (after he attacked the kit - in another thread - very sad story), and this woman & her Grandson were shooting hoops at the basketball court by where I live. She hollers something to me and I ask "what was that?" She hollers back "is that a Pit Bull?" I said "excuse me?" She asks again...seriously now...not laughing..."is that a Pit Bull?"

Well as upset as I was about Fenway attacking the kit, I couldn't help but laugh....and laugh really hard. I laughed and said "ummm....noooo."

This woman needs to watch Animal Planet. To ask if I had a Pit Bull is just the funniest thing. Now, he did get groomed yesterday and his hair is a little shorter. But even with a puppy cut, he doesn't look like a Pit Bull.

I think Fenway was flattered and puffed up his chest after hearing that question.

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, that woman seriously needs some dog breed education! :D

lute
04-14-2007, 05:44 PM
woah! BIG difference! haha!

Danegirl2208
04-14-2007, 06:15 PM
lol..people :rolleyes:

Canis-Lupess
04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHA....Idiot!!!!

A dog of any breed might attack a kit because they are like prey animals..ie..run off. It doesn't have to be a pitbull to do that, lolol!!!!

My BCs are funny with cats because of the way they stare at them and they also lift their tails and walk up with direct eye contact when they are greeting you in a friendly way. Unfortunately, the dogs see that as a direct challenge because it is in their language.
My BCs have also attacked and killed other small animals like rabbits, mice, a weasel, voles etc...Dogs are hunters no matter what breed.

caseysmom
04-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I was at the shelter volunteering today and a young boy was looking at a pit bull and his dad said "come on that one looks like it bites" what an idiot, she is the sweetest dog and gives me tons of sweet pittie kisses, I didn't even argue with him, figure he isn't worth my energy.

luvofallhorses
04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I was at the shelter volunteering today and a young boy was looking at a pit bull and his dad said "come on that one looks like it bites" what an idiot, she is the sweetest dog and gives me tons of sweet pittie kisses, I didn't even argue with him, figure he isn't worth my energy.

people are sooooooo stupid!!!!! :rolleyes: when people are like that at the shelter where I volunteer I just don't say anything because it's not worth my time. I know for a fact all of our pitties at the shelter are sweeties. Rose is my girl! :D she's pretty pittie but we think she has shepherd in her, too. I just love them and I had Killian who is a pit mix out and this kid goes is that a pit bull and backed away? :rolleyes: they are the sweetest dogs on the planet IMO. :D

Karen
04-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I bet Fenway has a new swagger in his step! Hee hee! Fierce hunter, mistaken for a pit bull - of all things! - yes, they are both canines, but that's about all fenway and a pittie have in common .... ;)

Reachoutrescue
04-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow!! That is all I can say! What a breed difference. That is how ignorant people are about the breed, they don't even know what one looks like, and they are scared of them. Sad, just sad.

Sophist
04-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I bet Fenway has a new swagger in his step! Hee hee! Fierce hunter, mistaken for a pit bull - of all things! - yes, they are both canines, but that's about all fenway and a pittie have in common .... ;)

Now that is an outright lie!

They both have 'terrier' in their full names, too. :p See, practically a pittie! :rolleyes:

pessimisaurus
04-15-2007, 02:23 PM
HA! not much of a surprise. just goes to show how flawed all the media reports of "pit bull" attacks can be. people only want to hear about pit bull attacks so even if its a mixed breed it just gets dubbed pit bull. or people who have no idea anything about dogs just assume pit because its of a certain size or color. breed identification is a huge problem in dog bite statistics, and breed specific legislation as well. theres an interesting site I read once that listed a ton of media reports about "pit bulls" that later turned out to be other breeds all together. I read an account of a golden retriever!!! being labeled as a pit bull by uninformed people.