PDA

View Full Version : How Ironic

Alysser
04-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I went my local county park, which has a five mile trail and enviormental center. Anyway, I was at the eviormental center with my dad and this lady with a toddler comes in. She went up to the counter and asked the man working "Is there a leash law about dogs on the trail?" he says yes. She complains further "I hate when people don't have dogs on a leash, they can't control them good. This dog was just walking but he didn't have a leash on. Dogs are such destructive animals, etc." and other BS. Meanwhile, I'm standing here watching the toddler STICK his hand in the turtle tank and splash it at the poor turtles, who were under the heat lamp out of the water. The lady came and grabbed his hand and the kid started SCREAMING at the top of his lungs.

I find it so ironic that she complains about dogs being disruptive and destrcutive yet look at her kid. She can't even control him. I find it so stupid that screaming, mis-behaved brats are allowed in public areas but normal well-trained dogs aren't. Plus, this lady was saying the dog was simply walking.
Now I realize that many children are very well-behaved but some aren't, and they ruin everything, just like it is for dogs. Sorry for the long rant, but I am just appalled by the kids behavior and his mother has the nerve to complain about a dog simply walking next to his owner without a leash.

Taz_Zoee
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, there are people in this world that just don't like dogs. No matter how well behaved they are.
And as for that child....well, I don't know what to say about that. I'll just keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 02:19 PM
This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I am not fond of any kid who is a brat. I have no kids and don't want to be around brats. There are many pleasant kids I have no problem with and are a joy to be around. (before anyone labels me a kid hater) ;)
That being said, I too wonder where people get off complaining about dogs when the dog is better behaved than their kid(s).For instance, why can kids be brats in Petsmart? I have to watch my dogs in the store. There is a Toys'R'Us ya know? I told my SIL this once (she doesn't like animals but has a kid)did I ever get a dirty look. Especially when I mentioned leashing the kids.:rolleyes:
Years ago when hubby and I would have another couple over or go to their house, their kids were holy terrors. Yet at my house they felt I should put my dogs in another room! :eek: Forget it.

Miss Z
04-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Eesh, sounds like a nightmare. I get many funny looks when I say 'Give me rats anyday over kids', but that story proves my point! ;)

elizabethann
04-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Sounds like the kid needed a leash, and the Mom needed a muzzle! :D