PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Kodie

sammy101
04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Just recently today, Kodie was unable to move or use his back left leg. We noticed he's been very quiet this morning and really hasnt been walking around much. He started using it again a little bit but he's kind of just dragging it and not using it properly. Since he is a larger dog, a little over 100lbs, i'm very afraid that its his hips and i'm praying that its not. He's only 3, will be 4 this summer and i hope its nothing serious... :(

My parents are taking him to the vet right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/me074e.jpg

Alysser
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Aw, poor Kodie. I'll keep the poor boy in my thoughts. I hope he feels better soon.

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh no, prayers headed Kodies way. I hope it's nothing serious, maybe he sprained his leg?

Taz_Zoee
04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Poor Kodie. He will be in my thoughts. I hope it's nothing too serious. Please let us know what the vet said when your parents get home.

sammy101
04-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh no, prayers headed Kodies way. I hope it's nothing serious, maybe he sprained his leg?

I'm not sure. He loves to run zoomies around the backyard but he was in almost all of yesterday because it was raining most of the day.Of course, he could have hurt it just playing with Lucy too. He doesnt seem to be in any pain though, i felt around his hips and he didnt yelp or anything.

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll keep hoping it's nothing serious, please keep us updated.

Freedom
04-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Ah, Kodie, prayers for you doggie!

As you said, he is a big dog. Let's hope he just jumped off the sofa or off something and landed wrong, gave it a bit of a sprain!

lute
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Good luck at the vets Kodie! I hope it's nothing bad.

BCollie_Kelly
04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Sending positive vibes your way, I hope its nothing serious!

K9soul
04-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I am sorry to see this :(. I hope it is nothing serious. If your vet can't seem to figure out what is wrong, you might ask about a Lyme's test. My Willie had his first signs of Lyme disease by coming up lame. We thought something was wrong with his leg/foot. Hopefully he just bumped it and will be back to rights soon. He will be in my prayers.

Reachoutrescue
04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I hope Kodie is okay. Hopefully he just pulled a muscle or bumped it like K9Soul said. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

sammy101
04-14-2007, 05:15 PM
They think it might be nerve damage and could possibly be permanent. I'm so upset because he perfectly fine last night and just all of a sudden he can barely use his leg anymore. I dont know how he could have gotten nerve damage from. We have to keep him quiet and he's not allowed to go upstairs or anything. I dont even know if i can take him for a walk because i take him out everyday. My parents just took him to the emergency clinic thats about 20 minutes away so i'm guessing he'll be going to our normal vet probably on monday.
I'm just praying that it will go away but theres a good chance it wont.

:(

He's been in his favourite spot most of the day...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/newnew126.jpg

Ginger's Mom
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh Sammy, I am so sorry to hear this. Did they take x-rays? Did they give him anything for the pain. I hope he is feeling better soon, and that your own vet can give him a more positive answer.

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Poor Kodie. :( I'd say a trip to your regular vet is in order, just to be sure, to double check.

lute
04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Poor Kodie. I hope he'll go see his normal vet on Monday and he'll make it all better. Prayers and good thoughts commin Kodie!

K9soul
04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please do ask about Lyme's if it seems to progress any, and/or if he seems to be depressed and listless. I do not know if it is prevalent in your area but whenever I hear of sudden lameness with no known cause, I think of Willie when he got it.

sammy101
04-14-2007, 05:45 PM
No, they didnt take x-rays. The vets just examined him but no x-rays. I'm pretty certain he'll be going to the vet on Monday so i will keep everyone updated. I'll also mention Lymes Disease to my parents. There are ticks here but i havent really heard of any dogs getting it here. But i will definently mention it.

k9krazee
04-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Awww, Kodie will definietly be in our thoughts and prayers!

elizabethann
04-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I think your regular vet can do a more thorough check-up on Kodie. I am sending you & kodie a virtual hug. I hope it's nothing serious and they can take care of it.

sammy101
04-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Thankyou. I hope our vet can do more for him and hopefully it will go away eventually. The vet he saw today put him on steroids to see if that does anything and were supposed to wait 4 days before he goes to our normal vet.
He is trying to use it, but it usually ends up criss-crossing with the right leg, and he's walking on the top of his paw rather than the bottom. He's already fallen over once on the tile..poor guy. He knows something is wrong too and he doesn't know what to do. :(

luvofallhorses
04-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Sam,

my heart is breaking for you. :( I just love your boy as if he was my own and will pray he makes a full recovery.. he has to! :( (((Sam & Kodie)))
please give the big boy a gentle hug for me, Lucy, too! I just love your kids and would hate for anything to happen to them. I know you guys will do everything you can for him, he is obviously well loved. :)

sammy101
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Thank you so much Krista. I really am scared for him. He's only 3 years old and already something somewhat serious is happening to him. I'm praying all the time that its nothing serious and hope it can be cured whatever it is he has. I'm very anxious to get him to our vet because i want to know exactly whats wrong with him. And we are going to do everything we can for him and i've been giving him lots of extra attention and comforting him since i can see it in his eyes that he knows something is wrong with him.

:(

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I know you're worried but your vet will be able to find out better what's wrong with Kodie. He will be ok until you get him there, with your loving care. He may be scared but you are certainly reassuring to him. I will keep Kodie in my prayers.{hugs}

K9soul
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm so sorry you and Kodie are going through this :(. I hope your regular vet will be able to find out more answers as to what could be wrong. My collie Willie became paralyzed in his back end when he got Lyme's, but he started out with stiffness and limping first. Kodie's symptoms sound so puzzling and I know it's scary. I will certainly be keeping him in my prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
04-14-2007, 10:28 PM
OMG!! Not another sick doggie at Pet Talk :( Poor Kodie. We are keeping you and the family in our thoughts and prayers. We hope it's all better real soon. :( You are such a handsome boy. Get plenty of rest on that comfy couch.

sammy101
04-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you so much. It really means alot to me that you guys are thinking of Kodie.
K9Soul, do you know of any good websites with some information about Lymes Disease?I'll be going to the vet with my mom so i'll remember to ask him.

Sophist
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Good luck, Kodie. Be brave at the vet, hopefully the white coats can make it better soon.

K9soul
04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
This one seemed to explain things pretty well http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/lyme.html

I would have thought he'd show a bit of stiffness or limping before total disuse though, but it always goes through my mind when there's a sudden problem with a leg after having seen it. There should be increasing signs of it if that is it though. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the vet if you feel any suspicion of it.

Kfamr
04-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Sam, I'm so sorry to read this! I'm just now seeing this thread for the first time. Kodie has always been one of my favorite PT boys!

Please keep us updated as much as possible, I'll be thinking of you two!

sammy101
04-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Thankyou so much.
Just a little update this morning,he's still the same. He seems so sad its upsetting me... :( He didnt even wag his tail crazy like he always does when he sees me in the mornings. Lucys been hanging around him alot too..well mostly just checking up on him because she's know he's not well too.

Jadapit
04-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry your sweet Kodie isn't feeling well. Both of you will be in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

.sarah
04-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I am so sorry Sam. Please keep us updated on him. He's one of my favorites here ...

petslover
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I hate to hear that hes not even wagging his tail. That makes me sad. I hope its nothing major and that they will get him taken care of tomorrow.

Good Luck!

sammy101
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Thankyou so much. Kodie & I really appreciate everyones thoughts.
He was sitting outside when i came home today (one of his favourite things to do..) and he seems to be a little bit more cheerful than what he was earlier. He's able to get up on his own but i have to help him walk to make sure he doesnt fall over. I'll get some new pictures of him tomorrow. :)

shais_mom
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
fingers crossed for Kodie on Monday Morning...

Vela
04-16-2007, 06:56 AM
I hope it's nothing serious and they are able to find something to help him feel better! Poor boy, give him lots of hugs from us.

Daisy and Delilah
04-16-2007, 09:33 AM
More prayers and hugs going out. Get better Kodie!!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

pitc9
04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Thinking of you today! Hope your vet has answers for you!!
Prayers for Kodie!!
{{{HUGS}}} to you and Kodie!

sammy101
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all of the support :)
He's walking better today, still dragging his paw though and loosing balance sometimes. I took him out in the front yard since he hasnt really been out that much and he enjoyed it.

wolf_Q
04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I hope sweet Kodie will be ok.