PDA

View Full Version : Taught my first class today

sparks19
04-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I taught my first class today at the shop. It was for a chainmail knot bracelet. It was so much fun. I had two classes... a class from 1-4 and a class from 6-9. both were great. I was kind of nervous because I have never tried to officially teach anything.... but it went very smoothly... especially for a Friday the 13th lol. All the students finished their bracelets and they all looked wonderful.

It was an 11 hour day for me today but it went by faster than most of my 7 hour days. :D Teaching is fun.

I can't wait to teach my next class on the jump ring medallion.

Karen
04-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Congratulations, and I am glad you enjoyed it. The best teachers are always the ones who enjoy what they are teaching.

Daisy and Delilah
04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
That's really cool. It sounds like so much fun to teach people something you love so much. Just think how happy those students were when they left. They were probably super proud of themselves and it was all because of you. :)

catnapper
04-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Where are you teaching? I might just pop in for one of your classes! :)

sparks19
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I teach in Lancaster.
This is the next class I am teaching
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMG_0026.jpg

LOL it was a kind of difficult bracelet especially since some of my students were beginners.... but I just kept telling them that it might be a little frustrating at first but just imagine the feeling of accomplishment and the satisfaction you will have when you complete this piece that you worked so hard on. :D

Everyone completed the project and they were all so happy with themselves that they were able to make such a nice piece. LOL One lady was so funny.... she kept saying that she had worked so hard on this bracelet that she was going to put it in her will lol.

I may have been a decent teacher but I couldn't have had better ladies for students. They were great and it was so much fun for all of us.