PDA

View Full Version : Urgent need to rehome Rescued Livestock - Ontario

Blue_Frog
04-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Forwarded to my by my sister through email -

PLEASE CROSS POST:

Dear Friends & Animal Advocates:

We're looking for for support from our network, to help home a bunch of livestock from an Ontario rescue/hobby farm. Located on a river just north of Orangeville, between the arts communities of Durham and Flesherton on Hwy 4, lies a lovely farm, that currently houses 2 rescue horses: Spec /female (approx 20) and Imzadi /maleapprox. 4 yrs, (both in relatively good health and spirits/but not ride-able); 1 dozen adult goats: Tess, Jimmy, Alfie (a love bucket) Ivy & Holly, amongst others, as well as 3 steer: Kerri, Sam and Bud. Kerri spent her life in service as a dairy cow (god bless her), and is now in her geriatric years. Sam and Bud are mastodons.... somewhat like the cows found at farmsanctuary.org (http://farmsanctuary.org/), who have been allowed to live and have grown to a massive height (5.5 ft at the withers). Sam is approx. 6 yrs; Bud, approx. 4 yrs. There are also 3 rabbits looking for new homes. All livestock were taken in over the last 4 years to avoid slaughter.

The very caring owner of this farm needs a sabbatical, and urgently needs to reduce the number of animals in her care. The owner of the farm is also looking for potential partnership, an animal advocate(s) willing to share in ownership of the farm. She may, depending on how things go, also entertain outright purchase - 60 acres on a river. C4P is helping to get the word out to help re-home the above animals.

Interested administrators/rescuers are asked to respond to Mitch Nadon, coordinates below OR Noel Palmer, 519.369.3835 Noel does not currently have internet capacity - just a phone line, but you can reach me anytime and I'll address whatever questions I can.

M. Michelle Nadon
[email protected]
Animal Advocacy & Outreach
A Cause for Paws, Toronto, Canada
416.535.8988 (off business hours)
416.533.6788 (during business hours)