PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to SPRING?!

davidpizzica
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Believe it or not, Pittsburgh may be dumped on with snow on sunday! I mean, for goodness sakes, it's the MIDDLE of April! They're talking about a possible 1-2'' inches right now, but depending on the track of the storm, a lot more can come down! GEESH!!

lvpets2002
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
:) I think Mother Nature is all Confused.. :confused: Maybe she changed the wording around from Global Warming To Global Colding.. :p I know this is our third wk of storms.. Two weeks ago we were flooding with the rains, last weekend had snow & today to have some more real bad storms.. :rolleyes:

JenBKR
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I too am ready for spring. I heard that Seven Springs (a ski resort about an hour away from me) got 6 inches of snow yesterday. Hellooooo, it's APRIL!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Sorry, David! We are getting tons of rain and it's heading your way. I hear tell it will turn to snow when it gets up your way!!! :(
We are to get some snow and rain and who knows what else tomorrow too.

Boy did the groundhog lay an egg this year or what? :eek: :D

davidpizzica
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Sorry, David! We are getting tons of rain and it's heading your way. I hear tell it will turn to snow when it gets up your way!!! :(
We are to get some snow and rain and who knows what else tomorrow too.

Boy did the groundhog lay an egg this year or what? :eek: :D
Connie, thanks for pushing it our way! LOL! It looks like 1-2 " right now for saturday overnight and sunday. If the storm rack goes a certain way we could get a lot more! Connie, he laid a BIG egg!

lute
04-13-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah! Our high yesterday was 38. Today it's 55. Tomorrow it's going back down. I HATE THIS WEATHER!!!

Randi
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry you have to endure that weather, but spring is here! :D The trees outside my window have started getting little green leaves - that normally happens in the beginning of May! climate change definately has something to do with it, and it seems that it's going faster than most expected. :eek:

cyber-sibes
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
:) I think Mother Nature is all Confused.. :confused: Maybe she changed the wording around from Global Warming To Global Colding.. :p Yeah, Sorry, Al. The weather seems to support those scientists who say the earth is actually getting colder, not warmer.
One of these days spring will come to the midwest, I just know it will! (fingers crossed, paws crossed)

Karen
04-13-2007, 03:18 PM
As bad as you all may feel, picture the poor runners Monday for the Boston Marathon (which goes right by the end of my little street. We are getting that storm Sunday night into Monday, so they will likely be running in rain, sleet, snow, or some combination thereof. Most marathons people worry about folks dehydrating or overheating - this one they are worried about hypothermia!

And, despite the title of "Global Warming," that doesn't mean everywhere in the world gets warmer, it does mean changing weather patterns, and more xtremes of weather, floods and droughts. Mind you, I remember a year when I was a kid and it snowed May 9th in Massachusetts ...

JenBKR
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Mind you, I remember a year when I was a kid and it snowed May 9th in Massachusetts ...

:eek: NOOO don't say that! :eek:

cyber-sibes
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Mind you, I remember a year when I was a kid and it snowed May 9th in Massachusetts ...I wore my winter coat to go to the hospital on May 22nd, when my son was born. I'll never forget that!
Talked to my brother in Maine a few days ago, right before Easter...he shoveled 10" of snow off his deck that morning! :eek:

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
I was hoping for some nicer weather this weekend! We are expecting 40-50 MM of rain and a high of 9°C. We did have some really nice weather last week, highs of 22°C. Where are you Spring... http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/GCeekpink.gif

Laura's Babies
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I thought about you when I saw the weather today.. We are suppose to get some pretty bad storms tonight, possiable tornados.

Karen
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

That's okay, Jen - before I was born, a now-friend of mine was stationed at Ft. Drum, NY (North of Lady's Human, and where he was stationed for two years) and it snowed on June 6th! The date was forever burned into the consciousness of this Missouri-raised boy, that's for sure, so the ocassional snow in May, now that he's been a Massachusetts resident for 30-something years, doesn't even phase him!

davidpizzica
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Jen, I agree NOOO! Pittsburgh drivers are crazy enough on dry roads, let alone putting them on snowy roads!

Lady's Human
04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I've seen snow in Fort Drum in August, nothing is out of the question in that lovely spot of land.

KittyGurl
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
This weather is crazy! On Christmas it was warm out (probably in the 60s) Okay, the 60s is warm to me :p And on Easter it is 40 degrees and snowing!? :confused:
I need spring! I wanna go outside without a jacket!!!!! I wanna see the birds again! LOL :D The birds are probably going crazy! It's warm so they come back up north...then it gets cold! LOL ;) Are they gonna go back south or freeze? Poor birds :rolleyes:

Karen
04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Update in our Marathon-forecast - they've changed it to rain, heavy at times, temperature about 40-44 degrees. Those poor Kenyans! My neighbors usually run a hose down from their yard to the race so we can all hand out cups of cold water - which half the runner drink, the other often dump over their heads. I wonder if we should be handing out something hot instead - tea or soup!

Katigger
04-14-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm sitting here looking at that white stuff now - Ugh! I want to get a garden in before July this year. Poor robins can't find a worm in all this and Tito(IG) hates going out to pee in the snow. This is crazy weather. Randi that is just mean ;) to be talking about green leaves - they just finished tapping the maples for syrup and crocuses are still coming up in places!

davidpizzica
04-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm sitting here looking at that white stuff now - Ugh! I want to get a garden in before July this year. Poor robins can't find a worm in all this and Tito(IG) hates going out to pee in the snow. This is crazy weather. Randi that is just mean ;) to be talking about green leaves - they just finished tapping the maples for syrup and crocuses are still coming up in places!
Katigger, I live in Pittsburgh and I work as a groundskeeper on a golf course. This past week we were actually mowing grass and the temperatures were fairly mild. Now on sunday we're to 1-2" of snow, and depending on the storm track we could get a lot more! This will take care of the flowers they started to plant. I think we're going from winter to summer! GEESH!

dogzr#1
04-14-2007, 08:49 AM
You all can have some of my 'spring'. This past week we've had highs in the 80's and 90's. Far too warm for this time of year. I'll trade you weathers? Anybody? :p

davidpizzica
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
You all can have some of my 'spring'. This past week we've had highs in the 80's and 90's. Far too warm for this time of year. I'll trade you weathers? Anybody? :p
Dogzr#1, if you don't mind, how about sending some of that 80's weather towards Pittsburgh?

mike001
04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Seems the weather is awful everywhere, but this is getting so frustrating. We got 10 cent. last thursday, they didn't do the roads till late afternoon so it was lousy driving. Where are those April showers? But snow in June probably wouldn't surprise us, the ground was frozen 1st of june last year. I think we'll be getting the same this year. Everyone seems to be desperate for the warm weather.

Argranade
04-14-2007, 10:04 AM
*WOOT*

The sun finaly came out after being gone for at least a WEEK in Toronto!

The weather has been BLAH! but there's no point of complaining lol. :D

Randi
04-14-2007, 10:07 AM
It really is amazing! People are going around in the street with sleeveless shirts.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Belgium seems to have skipped a season, from winter right into summer :eek: The t° today was 70°F-->75°F !! It is even to warm for our tulips!!
Today we had a BBQ and we ate outside on the patio :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2007, 12:43 PM
We got snow!!! My poor lilac bush looks like a big elephant sat right in the middle of it! See?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_lilacbushinsnow000_2555.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/lilacbushinsnow000_2555.jpg)

And these sad little puddles are my peony bushes that were just coming up!
WHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_peonybushinsnow000_2557.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/peonybushinsnow000_2557.jpg)

Uabassoon
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
We have summer here, it's been in the 90s for the last couple of weeks. Thankfully a cool front came in Thurs night and yesterday and today are in the low 80s.

Donnaj4962
04-14-2007, 03:50 PM
As I sit here at my computer, and I look outside, it is snowing like crazy! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: And it is sticking to the trees and some of the ground. As I look into the distance, it appears to be something of a "whiteout"!!!! This is just ridiculous!

Two weeks ago, it was 70 degrees and I saw people with sandals and shorts!

Oh Mother Nature... what have we done to upset you???? :confused:

Whatever it is, we are sorry. Can we have our Spring back now??? :cool:

lv4dogs
04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
They have a storm warning out already for my area. They are calling for a minimum of 6-12", possibly over 18". I don't want any more snow this year. :p

Dorothy39
04-14-2007, 10:57 PM
This Spring has got to be the craziest one I've seen to date!!!!

I just can't believe the pictures the Momoffuzzyfaces posted of her Lilac Bush!!! GASP!!!!

Aren't we supposed to be having "April Showers?"

chocolatepuppy
04-15-2007, 05:49 AM
It was snowing here last night. Slushy snow. My tulips are confused. :confused:

Uabassoon
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to send me some cool weather! It's hot here in Az!

ramanth
04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
If the weather channel is right for a change, then here in MI we are in for a gradual warm up. Yay!!

Katigger
04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Mosquitos, frogs, martins - yippee it's finally Spring!

kimlovescats
04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
We had a wonderful taste of Spring a couple of weeks ago. My rose bushes were all nice and full of leaves and even had a couple of tiny buds. I was so excited, then came a BIG freeze. It killed everything, even shrubs! Everyone's yards look terrible! It got my dogwood trees too. Every yard you pass has shriveled up trees and bushes. :( It's been nice and warm again these past few days, I just hope the plants will come back. *sigh*