PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for dinner?

sirrahved
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Missy's post about pot roast the other day made me crave some. We went to the store today and found one for only $1.99 a pound! I just browned the outside with some seasoned salt and garlic. We chopped some potatoes, carrots, parsnips, rutabegga, and onion. Then I put in some celery flakes and marjoram and threw it in the oven. I might make gravy at the end, depending on my mood.

What are you having for dinner?

Sirrahsim
04-12-2007, 03:22 PM
We will be having whatever takes the least time, energy, and dirties the fewest dishes :D Paul is working so it is just Tyler and I for dinner tonight!
Last night we had pizza.... Maybe tonight we'll have left over pizza :rolleyes: :D

Enjoy your pot roast!! To tell you the truth, I don't think I could pick out a parsnip or a rutabaga in a lineup :D

buckner
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm having whatever looks semi-edible in the cafeteria. It's all pretty nasty, but I'll eat just about anything when I have a hunger headache.

DrKym
04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Pre Packaged Nutrisystem,,,probably the lemon herb chicken. Jas is off today so he is making himself and the kids some type of Chicken bake :D

BitsyNaceyDog
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I have no idea yet. We have nothing in the house so Justin is stopping by the store to get a few things, including something for tonight's supper. I hope he gets something that won't take me too long to cook.

CountryWolf07
04-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Subway

I_luv_rusty
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Mc'Donalds

Daisy and Delilah
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Soup from Olive Garden :)

petslover
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
We are having Smoked Chicken and baked beans.

Dorothy39
04-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Gosh, You guys are giving me an appetite, and I've already had my dinner and my Supper!!

Okay, I've been raised with "dinner" as the noon meal, and, Supper at 6:00.

I made pork chops for Supper, with hash brown potatoes, baked beans, string beans and Apple Sauce!!! ( sorry Mom, the Apple Sauce was store bought :D )

Lillycat
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
a couple of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches?

Kfamr
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
We had teriyaki chicken and rice. :)

Zippy
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Chili fries and hamburgers.

angelbow20
04-12-2007, 07:01 PM
pasta alittle bit ago, and cherry craisins riand cheddar pretzels right now!!

kt_luvs_kitties
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Subway turkey breat sub. Everything but pickles, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Mayo too. It was ok :p

Marigold2
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Homemade potato soup, egg salad and jello with fruit for dessert and then easter candy while I watched tv.

luvofallhorses
04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
We had a salad similar to chef salad just not with all the stuff you put in it. I want to make nachos sometime next week. :D

carole
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Homemade chicken burgers, the lite version followed by a very fattening dessert, a log covered in rich chocolate, with cookies and cream chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream and caramel, courtesy of the supermarket, a bit of splurge for once.

Twisterdog
04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs. Last night we had pot roast with noodles and mushroom gravy. Who knows for tomorrow ... maybe Ramen noodles! ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Yesterday:

Tomato Basil Chicken
Asparagus
Mashed Potatoes
Brussels Sprouts
Homemade Biscuits

Today:

Roast Beef
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
McCain Smiles (my 3 1/2 year old LOVES these!)

Sevaede
04-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Troy made barbecue chicken pizza. :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Troy made barbecue chicken pizza. :D

Mmmm... I love barbecued chicken pizza! I haven't had it in such a long time, and have never made it myself. Sounds like an excellent meal for me and Sierra while DH is on afternoon shift. :p Shhh... don't tell him!

jackmilliesmom
04-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Had cream cheese chicken pasta I make the sauce myself Artery blocking but oooohhhh so good here is the way to do it.

You will need:

2 chicken breasts skinned and boned
Pasta for the amount of people eating
Tub/Bottle of Fresh Cream (Pouring kind)
Some cheddar cheese mix of white & yellow
Onion
Peppers
Mushrooms

1. Cut chicken into cubes and put into water and boil or simmer until cooked if they are cubed small enough it should only take about 20 mins
2. Then using the stock water cook the pasta
3. While Pasta is cooking having cut up peppers, onio and mushrooms lightly saute them in some spray oil to the way you like them
4. Pasta is cooked so drain and clean out saucepan leaving to the side with the veg and the chicken mixing together in a bowl
5. The pour cream into saucepan and bring to a simmer and slowly add the cheddar but make sure it is grated and the sauce will thicken itself then add the rest of the food and coat and serve on warmed but not hot plates with ciabatta bread or the cheese and garlic bread that I posted in one of the other recipie dinner threads.

Tonight we are going out for dinner with friends so its a toss up between thai and indian..... Would prefer thai myself but 5 others to consider so the majority will rule.

Jamieejo85
04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
everything sounds so good..last night we grilled steak chicken and shrimp with green peppers and onions and stuffed them in a corn tortilla with hot sauce..it was very good.. tonight i work so i will probably stop by subway or jimmy johns before i go in..

Shelteez2
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Last night I made beer can chicken. Mmm good....

Tonight I'm going to grill a couple of steaks.... maybe do a couple stuffed potatoes to go with.... perhaps some grilled veggies...

I LOVE bbq-ing! :D

Queen of Poop
04-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Tonight, burritos, home made.
Tomorrow, burgers cooked over an open fire.

Miss Z
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Probably quorn chicken (meat substitute) fajitas. :)

cassiesmom
04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Last night I made beer can chicken. Mmm good....

I LOVE bbq-ing! :D

What's beer can chicken?

Today - Friday - I'm making an omelet to use up the last of eggs bought for Easter.

lute
04-13-2007, 02:46 PM
What I eat every night...whatever I can find. I normally end up pickin up somethin from McDonalds or Dairy Queen. They ONLY two resturaunts in town.lol

BitsyNaceyDog
04-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Justin's cooking me salmon tonight for my birthday! Salmon is my absolute favorite supper. I can't wait!

lizbud
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I eating light tonight. Just some cold fried chicken & a pasta salad. :)

Toby's my baby
04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
What's beer can chicken?

:eek: If it's the same thing we make, you have a special rack, and you set a chicken on top of it, with a beer can (with beer) underneath it and cook it on the grill. VERY yummy! :D

Pizza Burgers tonight.. my mom is gone, and I'm to lazy to cook ...so dad's made the same thing three nights in a row. :o :rolleyes:

k9krazee
04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure what the cafeteria is serving tonight :rolleyes: but I'm sure I'll just have my usual salad, turkey sandwich and bowl of fruit!

DrKym
04-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Venison steaks, Baked yams and steamed broccoli with vinegar and herbs.

Fat free chocolate pudding for dessert :)

angelbow20
04-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Tonight we are having home made subs. I have ham and roast beef with cheese and lettuce.

caseysmom
04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs. Last night we had pot roast with noodles and mushroom gravy. Who knows for tomorrow ... maybe Ramen noodles! ;)

I want the recipe for the pot roast with noodles. My mom use to make a dish were she would could some beef forever then at the end add some noodles...I sure wish I would have got that recipe before she passed it was so good.

Shelteez2
04-14-2007, 01:36 PM
:eek: If it's the same thing we make, you have a special rack, and you set a chicken on top of it, with a beer can (with beer) underneath it and cook it on the grill. VERY yummy! :D

Yep that's it pretty much... although I don't have a special rack. Just put it right on the grill usually. When I made it the other night though I set it in a foil pan and poured some beer all around it.

Very very tasty!!

Here's one of several recipes that comes up when you google beer can chicken. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_19397,00.html

dukedogsmom
04-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't know yet :p Possibly some Tanduri chicken and Naan bread. Love that Indian food!

kittycats_delight
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Last night I made braised borlotti beans. They were amazing.

Tonight we has grilled sausage and grilled veggies (peppers, eggplant, zucchine & potato) the sausage were really nice.

Tomorrow night is pizza. I am going to make it at home instead of getting it from a pizzeria.

caseysmom
04-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I am making spagetti with ground turkey.

sirrahved
04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Don't know yet :p Possibly some Tanduri chicken and Naan bread. Love that Indian food!
Mmm... tandoori chicken is one of my faves! Hence my bird, Tandoori.

So much fun hear what everyone eats!

Tonight Jason cooked. We had honey chicken, scalloped potatoes (boxed kind) and peas.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Tonight we had...

Maui Marinated New York Steaks
Mashed Potatoes
Boiled Turnips
Fried Mushrooms w/ Garlic
Salad (watermelon, white onion, parsley, romaine lettuce)

cloverfdx
05-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Probably nothing, unless i find something in the freezer :(.

wombat2u2004
05-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Tuscan Beef

kittycats_delight
05-09-2007, 04:10 AM
We are having Rigatoni Alla Vodka tonight. It is rigatoni in a tomato sauce with cream, bacon, pesto and vodka. Amazingly easy and oh so yummy.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-09-2007, 04:40 AM
We are having Rigatoni Alla Vodka tonight. It is rigatoni in a tomato sauce with cream, bacon, pesto and vodka. Amazingly easy and oh so yummy.

That sounds delicious! :D

sirrahbed
05-09-2007, 08:53 AM

oh WOW!! sounds yummy. I think maybe an Italian recipe thread would be great....how 'bout it Michelle? :D

kittycats_delight
05-09-2007, 09:07 AM
oh WOW!! sounds yummy. I think maybe an Italian recipe thread would be great....how 'bout it Michelle? :D

If you are serious I can most definately do that. I can make the thread and post the link here when I get back from picking up Artica's meds. :)

I am sure there are others who can add some great recipes in there too. Carm for sure she is the true italian cook and can I'm sure share some great recipes with us. I have a few that are very good too but I am an italian cook only by circumstance. :p

Kfamr
05-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Tonight I'm making broccolli, chicken, and potatoes. :)

jackie
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
A totally unhealthy, but totally YUMMY dinner of banana, rice, potatoes, and egg all fried!

I might throw together a small salad too.

cloverfdx
05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I actualy had groceries bought for me so i could eat LOL. I ended up having sausages, eggs and bacon.. very unhealthy and not very nice at all ;).

cassiesmom
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm having breakfast for supper - special K and a banana - so I can avoid the drive-through after my rehearsal tonight which will probably go long. I'm trying to not eat fast food because it is so high in fat and sodium. I like to eat cereal or eggs at suppertime, quick and easy.

-Pickle-
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
im having chips and eggs.
sorry im english. you probably call them fries.