PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever heard of FreshPet dog food?

Reachoutrescue
04-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has ever heard of FreshPet dog food. They emailed me about donating some food to our rescue. I know any donation is great, but I am very leary about food now since that whole recall thing. Here is the website link, if anybody can check it out and let me know what you think.

www.freshpetfood.com (http://www.freshpetfood.com/aboutus.html)

Thanks a bunch fellow PTers!! :)

Giselle
04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Looks pretty good. Actually, it reminds me of the Red Barn rolls. However, I would only use it as a supplement. With so much animal protein, too, I wonder why the protein % is only 10%. I also don't like the soy flour or the salt or the brewers rice. But, I have to admit, they'd be greyt training treats ;) They say they're not affected by the recall, and it's very generous of them to donate! I say go for it, but be sure the food rolls have not expired =)

Reachoutrescue
04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Thank you very much for your opinion. I have been thinking about this since I recieved the email. I am going to email her back and just have her send a couple of rolls at first. I do not have space for a lot of food that requires being refridgerated, but even a few rolls will help with feeding the dogs we have here. Thanks again for your advice.

Kfamr
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Don't think it could hurt. I would only use it as treats or special dinners. Hey, it's free for you though, so I'd got for it and try it out. :)