PDA

View Full Version : They Are Here!! Pictures...VET UPDATE 4/12/07 POST 21.

Reachoutrescue
04-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Yesterday I went out to Wisconsin to pick up Lady and her puppies. We were suppose to go on Thursday, but I was ready for her and I didn't want her to be in that place any longer than needed. She is such a sweet girl. I was a little worried at first about her being in a new place, but she is great. I have her in an extra large dog kennel in our bedroom. I have let her explore the room for an hour or so several times a day. She is very curious, but well behaved. She knows to go in her kennel when I say "Kennel" and she knows "sit". She seems to like me a lot. She is a little timid of Dave and other men. I brought my boys in to meet her today, and she gave them tons of kisses!! I told my boys not to be near her and her pups if Dave and I are not around, just to be safe. They agreed. I am taking the pups to the vet tomorrow. One of them is coughing and has signs of a URI. So I am going to catch it before it gets worse. I am sure it will be costly, but I am hoping my vet will work with me now that I have my license. Well, now for some pictures. ENJOY!!!!

Lil' Miss Lady
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Lady.jpg

PUPPIES!! They will be 4 weeks old on Friday.

Male Pup # 1. This lil' guy is the one that has signs of a URI. He is not named yet.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies006.jpg

Male Pup # 2. He is the smallest out of the six. He needs a name too.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies005.jpg

Male Pup # 3. Needs a name as well.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies004.jpg

Male Pup # 4. This lil' guy seems to have watery eyes, no coughing yet. He also needs a name.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies003.jpg

Female Pup # 5. The only little girl. We have named her "Dolly".
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies002.jpg

Male Pup # 6. We have called him Memphis.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies001.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pics. I will post tomorrow after the vet.

Taz_Zoee
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh my goodness!! They are adorable. I am so glad the momma is doing well with you.
As for names, I'm not very good at it, but for some reason when I looked at male #1 the name Rocky just popped in my head. I think it's because his little face is all squished up and it looks like he was in a fight and his face is swollen. I'll see if I can come up with any other names for the other nameless guys.

mr.chiwawa
04-11-2007, 10:10 PM
tooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute I could just eat them up with kisses :p :D :p :D

luvofallhorses
04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Lady and her pups are absolutely gorgeous! :D Thank you so much for giving her and her pups a chance at life. :)

I am bad at name suggestions, but I am sure whatever you name them would be great! :)

chocolatepuppy
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
What cuties, mom included! Good for you for helping them. :)

Daisy and Delilah
04-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the warning!!! They are adorable!! They take after their Momma. Thanks for taking them Tracy!! :) You're an angel :)

Kisses to all of them from me please :)

K9karen
04-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I'd love to be at your house right now. I'd be in puppy heaven! They remind me of little Boots, who I was puppysitting when I had my accident. So so sweet. You really are an angel. So amazing. Bless you!

k9krazee
04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Ohmygoodness..could they be any cuter?! I'll take pup #3 ;) Momma is absolutely gorgeous too!!

Thanks for taking them in, we need more people like you out there!

Reachoutrescue
04-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Thank you everybody. These babies are too sweet. Lady is just a doll. I can not believe how good she is. I have not had her around my pups yet. I do not plan on introducing them until well after the puppies are weaned. It is much safet that way. I am just glad she is here and no longer in a pound.

BCollie_Kelly
04-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Eeeee! They are adorable! I just love Memphis's little pink nose! :D

pitc9
04-12-2007, 07:17 AM
O...M.....G..... :eek:
Hoe cuuuuuute!
*squeeeeeeeel*

As far as names, since you already have Memphis... maybe go for names of other cities!!

Like... Dallas, Austin, Reno, Dayton, Juneau, Phoenix.... etc. :D

mruffruff
04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Absolutely adorable!

#2 looks like his name should be Tanner. No ideas for the others, sorry.

Freedom
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Ah these puppies are so adorable. good for you getting them in a home setting and out of the pound!

I was thinking, with mom being "Lady," you could keep the royalty names. Starting with pup 1: Duke; Knight; Earl and Sir.

I bet other folks will have a better idea for names!

Reachoutrescue
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Like... Dallas, Austin, Reno, Dayton, Juneau, Phoenix.... etc. :D
That is a good idea, but Austin is out, that is my son's name!!

critter crazy
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Awwww.....They are all so cute!!!! You are so awsome for doing this! Momma and pups are just adorable!!

finn's mom
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Sounds like you could go with a music theme..."Memphis" is the home of the King. "Dolly" Parton. Maybe keep up with the music theme..."Nash" would be a cool name...for Nashville...maybe even "Cash" for Johnny Cash. If you wanted to go with a theme, that would be a really easy one to go with, since there are tons of names to choose from, and Dolly and Memphis work with it already. They're all really cute!

lvpets2002
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
;) ;) Aweee they are just wittle cuttiiee pies.. WoW all males & 1 wittle female.. Too Sweet..

CountryWolf07
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree.. keep up with the country theme.. ;)

"Cash", "Jennings", "Bentley", "Garth", "Junior"

lvpets2002
04-12-2007, 10:27 AM
;) Wait Wait dont forget me Dolly.. :D I like all those names too..
I agree.. keep up with the country theme.. ;)

"Cash", "Jennings", "Bentley", "Garth", "Junior"

Jadapit
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I wish I lived close to you, I'd be at your house loving on the pups and Lady. Lady looks like such a sweetheart, the pups are so precious. Thank you so much for taking them into your home your the best!!! :D

Reachoutrescue
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, I just got back from the vets with the pups. $186.00 later, the pups have been given a dewormer, weighed, and examed. Other then a few things, they are growing well and seem rather healthy. After much help from you fellow PTers, I have picked names for a couple. I am still trying to name the other little brown one.

This lil' guy was put on ClavaMox Drops for a URI. Other then that he is healthy. His name is Cordova...not in the country theme, but my brother named him and it is kinda cute!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies006.jpg

This lil' boy has a heart murmor. The vet said on a scale from 1-6, it is a 2 or 3. She said for me to keep an eye on his breathing and to let possible adopters know about it. I am going to have to do some research on murmors in dogs. They also want me to bottle feed him once a day to ensure he is getting enough nutrition. This lil' guy, whom I am calling "Garth", will be placed as a special needs puppy.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies004.jpg

This lil' one, who I have decided to call Bentley, after Dierks Bentlely, needs to be bottle fed 3 times a day to help him gain weight, he is only just over 2 lbs, while the rest range between 3 and 5 lbs. I will get him fattened up in no time!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/LadysPuppies005.jpg

Now, after I go and get my boys from school, I will bathe Lady and her puppies and start the meds and feedings. I will post more pics in a day or so.

lute
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh my goodness! They are too dern cute! Garth is so sweet. I hope his murmer doesn't get any worse. Lady's scars look like they are getting better.

Jadapit
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
When I did all my research on pit bulls I learned they are prone to heart murmors. Little Garth is so sweet.

Husky_mom
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I´m not sure if it´s bad or good I live far away........I would snatch lil Garth in a beat....

what a cutie!!..... they all are but he stole my heart.......

Jadapit
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I´m not sure if it´s bad or good I live far away........I would snatch lil Garth in a beat....

what a cutie!!..... they all are but he stole my heart.......

He stole my heart too. I love his little nose. :D

Whisk_Luva
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Rocky is a nice name. thats the only name I can think of! lol

*LabLoverKEB*
04-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Very cute puppies! Prayers for the puppies that have helath issues, hope that they will be better in no time!

Kfamr
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I am melting here. What a gorgeous mama and pups!

Some names:

Johnny Cash
Josh Turner
Lonestar
Brad Pasiley
Billy Currington
Travis Tritt
Steve Holy

Ginger's Mom
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
They are adorable, and you have done a great job. I am also very impressed that your boys already seem to understand and respect dogs of all types. You should be very proud.

luvofallhorses
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
We KNOW you will do more than good with them and Lady! :) I love them all but am partial to Garth. what a sweeties all of them are including momma! :D

Roxyluvsme13
04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
What cuties! I hope they're all going to be okay and grow up healthy and happy and get the loving homes they deserve. You're such an awesome person for taking them in.

Oh, and you should name one Rascall.. like from Rascall Flatts ;).

zoey
04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Adorable dogs!
I like the names you've picked for Lady's babies -Dolly, Memphis, Garth, Bentley, & Cordova :D
Awwwwwwwwwww. i like Scooter or Tyke for the little brown one...

Reachoutrescue
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I have decided to call the little brown male Rascall, as suggested by Roxyluvsme13. That is a good idea, thank you. So we have...

Codova
Memphis
Dolly
Garth
Bentley
Rascall

Thank you everybody for helping me name them. I so like the country theme....except for Cordova!! I will post more pics in a day or two. Thank you for all your encouraging words, you guys are great.

Scooter's Mom
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
If it helps, Cordova is the name of a town in Tennessee. :)

Great job by the way, getting them and giving them a chance for great forever homes! They're beautiful.