PDA

View Full Version : School

Marigold2
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I have noticed that most people now a days are not working in the field they studied for. I have had many different jobs over the years everything from working on cars to working in a florist shop to a office manager for a DR. Is your job and or career in the same field as your degree.?

Pembroke_Corgi
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I am getting a master's degree to open more doors. I have a Bachelor's in psychology, and I am a piano teacher! I actually like my job a lot, I make enough per hour, but I don't get benefits and the like, so I'm getting my master's in education. :) I found out pretty fast my BA degree was nearly worthless in securing a job I might actually want. My piano lessons actually paid off more.

I_luv_rusty
04-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm still in Middle School :p I'll be in high school next year. I hope to be a photographer when i'm older though. Next summer or the next one maybe i'll get a job somewhere simple if i'm old enough. I would babysit now, but there no one i know that needs someone.

Uabassoon
04-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I studied music performance, while it was a fun 5 years of college there are no jobs in bassoon performance! I've spent the last 2 years working at Starbucks (which I love) and now am back in school studing business management.

Ginger's Mom
04-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Yes, I studied Criminal Justice and am working in a paralegal-type position in that field. But it took me about four years after graduation to get into a related field.

catnapper
04-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Yup--- a bachelor of fine arts in interior design and thats what I'm doing :)

wombat2u2004
04-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Hmmmmmmm...I started off with Agriculture....finished that, then went into the army, became a builder after I got out. Now I'm most of the way thru a law degree.....maybe I'll finish it one day...lol. But.....I've always wanted to be a brain surgeon !!!!
Wom

smokey the elder
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I wanted to be a chemist since high school, got a couple degrees in it, and am practicing it now. What has changed over the years was what kind of chemist. When I was undergrad I thought I wanted to do organic chemistry, until everything I made in the lab turned into red tar. :p So I went into analytical chemistry, and I still like it after doing it for 20 years.