PDA

View Full Version : SOMEBODY at Menu Foods is in BIG trouble!

mugsy
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/financialpost/story.html?id=e1a0d227-2393-49f0-a4eb-efb921f0df4f&k=8594

dukedogsmom
04-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't believe it was a "horrible coincidence" at all and if he thinks we will believe it, he's full of ****! It's just so horrible. I wonder if there's any way to prosecute him?

lvpets2002
04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
:) Oh sure he can be proscuted.. Thats Called InSider Trading.. Remember Martha Stewart served time for that.. Now they have to prove he sold his shares knowing of what was fixing to happen.. He wont be able to just say what a "horrible coincidence".. Throw the book at him & make him eat the bad food till he chocks.. :mad:
I don't believe it was a "horrible coincidence" at all and if he thinks we will believe it, he's full of ****! It's just so horrible. I wonder if there's any way to prosecute him?

cyber-sibes
04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
...Wiens was not available for comment, but company spokesman Sam Bornstein said on Tuesday "there was no link whatsoever" over the timing of the trades and the pet food recall.
"This is a guy who conducts himself to the highest ethical and moral standards and he wouldn't do anything to imperil the high governance standards that he demands of himself and the company," said Bornstein.
"In fact, to do so would compromise his ability to make a living."
Wiens told the Globe and Mail newspaper in an interview published on Tuesday it was a "horrible coincidence" that he sold nearly half his units before the pet food recall.

:rolleyes: Oh really?

Chica
04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Wiens, chief finance officer knew way before it was made public about the tainted food. That's why he sold his units to make a profit before the shares went under and lost value and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He should be prosecuted and go to prison just like Martha Stewart did. Want to bet that she will have something to say about it on her show. ;)

mugsy
04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I heard on the news this morning that Congress is looking into the tainted food!