PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoff Time!

JenBKR
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Tonight is the first game for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs! We've had a great year, keep it up guys! I'm so excited for this year WOOHOO! :D

GO PENS!!

The Cat Factory
04-11-2007, 02:23 PM
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

I can't wait for the Canucks/Stars game tonight...I am so excited about the playoffs! :D Hopefully the Canucks will do as good in the post season as they did in the regular season. :D:):D

davidpizzica
04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Tonight is the first game for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs! We've had a great year, keep it up guys! I'm so excited for this year WOOHOO! :D

GO PENS!!
Oh, Jen! I have the funny feeling that this is the Penguins year for the Stanley Cup!

Queen of Poop
04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
GO FLAMES!!!!

I'll be part of the C of red in Calgary tomorrow, wearing my Jersey to work and all day.

sparks19
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Go Pens.... only because I have a hate on for Ottawa right now LOL.... mostly just one player in particular... Chris Neil. I hope he gets what is coming to him one day.

Although I do fear for the Pens future when these rookies can make a real salary.... I wonder how much Crosby will want next year... and Malkin the year after that. I don't know if loyalty to the Pens is enough to keep them if they can get their desired salary from elsewhere.

My team didn't make it this year.... we had a tough run once we were plagued by the flu and Pneumonia. We made a valiant effort near the end but it was not enough. BUT.... I pity the Isles. It is the playoffs and you never know but.... I think they are gonna get THUMPED by Buffalo. What a prize for getting the 8th seed.... a butt whooping. The isles might put up a fight.... but I don't think that will be enough.

However, I think another Southern team is gonna take it again this year :rolleyes: Which drives me crazy lol.... the finals are FIXED I tell ya :D. I mean when Tampa was in the finals and WON the Cup... they couldn't sell out that arena for anything. Selling tickets for $10 a piece.... they eventually upped the anty to include free food with the tickets and still there was no fan turn out. Carolina was a fluke.... they are going to ride that cup win till the day that team dies. But there are some scary teams in the West this year. LOL Let's see if Detroit has another crushing first round like they did last year hahahaha.

sparks19
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Pens better pick it up in the 2nd period :(

JenBKR
04-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Ok well.....then Pens did not have a first good game. They really need to pick it up for Saturday. Come on guys, I know you can do it!!

sparks19
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok well.....then Pens did not have a first good game. They really need to pick it up for Saturday. Come on guys, I know you can do it!!

The pens looked totally intimidated. and I can't say that I am surprised that Fleury pulled the big choke job.... look at his performance in the world juniors.... I don't think he will ever recover from that and i think it will haunt him everytime he gets into a situation like that. I'm thinking they might start Thibault next game.

The Senators have some real talent.... I think their downfall is going to be Emery. he's inconsistent.... he gets angry and does stupid things... and he lets in some really weak stuff. he is really going to end up hurting the sens. I see another Patrick Lalime in the works when I see Emery play sometimes.

The Cat Factory
04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Vancouver defeated Dallas in their first playoff game of the season! :D They didn't play great in regulation time, but Luongo played brilliantly in OT, making 72 saves on the night. Marty Turco played great as well, and Henrik Sedin FINALLY scored with about 2 minutes left in the fourth OT to win it.

sparks19
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Vancouver defeated Dallas in their first playoff game of the season! :D They didn't play great in regulation time, but Luongo played brilliantly in OT, making 72 saves. Marty Turco played great as well, and Henrik Sedin FINALLY scored with about 2 minutes left in the fourth OT to win it.

I don't know what all the hubub was about.... I mean... I know Luongo hasn't EVER played in a playoff game... but come on.... the guy has talent. playoffs or not he was still gonna shine.

Both goalies started off a little shaky but eventually got their heads out of their butts and back on their shoulders.

Finally a game between the two teams that didn't end up with a score of 2-1 lol.

The Cat Factory
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, neither Turco or Luongo were their best in regulation. They both let in softies...

I was surprised at the score, too. Especially considering all four regular season game between the two ended with a score of 2-1.

sparks19
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, neither Turco or Luongo were their best in regulation. They both let in softies...

I was surprised at the score, too. Especially considering all four regular season game between the two ended with a score of 2-1.

Yeah... and on top of that it was two wins for each team.... can't get a more even match up than that. lol

LOL and one more thing to add about Luongo.... If he could play so well for the Panthers with the crap team they had.... he can play well for anyone at any time. he had no support forward or defense when he was with Florida and he could still help them win some games.

he just needs to stop playing so deep.... don't be afraid to come out a little bit :D

The games tonight should be interesting.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
The Canucks won! That was an awesome game, I watched every last minute of it. :D

http://ca.geocities.com/lotuslandletters/LLL-GoCanucksGoBanner.jpg

Shelteez2
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Any guesses as to who we're cheering for?? :D

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL472/2949836/6197627/114477142.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL472/2949836/6197627/114260899.jpg

Puckstop31
04-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Lets go Sabres!!! I have been waiting YEARS to have a team like this to cheer for.

My finals prediction... Sabers vs. Sharks. Sabres win it in 2OT of game 5 on a goal by Drury, from Cambell and Tallinder. :)

FWIW... Check me out. LOL

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/playerpage.html?playerid=1122269&seasonid=1698

davidpizzica
04-14-2007, 05:33 PM
The Penguins have tied up the series! A 4-3 win and they played like the Penguins should!

JenBKR
04-16-2007, 08:28 AM
The Penguins have tied up the series! A 4-3 win and they played like the Penguins should!

They played so much better on Saturday, then sunk back down again yesterday. I know they can do it, but I keep reminding myself how young many of them are. That might be a factor. In any case, I am behind my Pens no matter what happens next (although I would prefer to see them win ;) ).

davidpizzica
04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
They played so much better on Saturday, then sunk back down again yesterday. I know they can do it, but I keep reminding myself how young many of them are. That might be a factor. In any case, I am behind my Pens no matter what happens next (although I would prefer to see them win ;) ).
Jen, I totally agree. They're a young team and should guided along by the older players. I too back the Pens all the way!

Puckstop31
04-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Jen, I totally agree. They're a young team and should guided along by the older players. I too back the Pens all the way!

Gary Roberts is more or less the leader of that team right now. He got it done yesterday by scoring that first goal. The most exciting thing about the Penguins is they are this good now and will only get better. It will be very interesting to see how many of this young crop they have they can keep around. Sooner or later, they are all going to demand (and deserve) big bucks. The only black spot I see is Fleury... He has proven time and again in his young career that he cannot handle big game pressure. I wonder how long the Penguins are going to be patient with him?

sparks19
04-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Gary Roberts is more or less the leader of that team right now. He got it done yesterday by scoring that first goal. The most exciting thing about the Penguins is they are this good now and will only get better. It will be very interesting to see how many of this young crop they have they can keep around. Sooner or later, they are all going to demand (and deserve) big bucks. The only black spot I see is Fleury... He has proven time and again in his young career that he cannot handle big game pressure. I wonder how long the Penguins are going to be patient with him?

Yes those are only problems I forsee in the future with the Pens.... they will not be able to shell out the big bucks for all those rookies when the time comes for a raise in pay. They will have to start picking and choosing.

And of course Fleury.... he will never be forgiven for that Jr game.... :D and he will never get over it IMO. he does great if they have a two goal + lead... it's when it comes down to a tie or one goal game and he chokes. Saw that way too often when he played for WBS.