PDA

View Full Version : Two More Feral Kittens On The Way!

moosmom
07-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Well, I've got my work cut out for me now. I'm taking in another two feral kittens, about 6 weeks old, to be socialized. They should be fairly easy because they aren't as old as the other three I now have (who are doing beautifully!!). I'm hoping that they will all be ready for new homes before I move to Michigan. I've got 8 weeks in which to do my magic, as one of my rescue friends said. We'll see. :rolleyes:

K & L
07-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Good for you! Kittens that young should take very little time to socialize! We've rescued so many ferals and have all adapted at all ages. Some just took longer than others! Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

moosmom
07-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Thanks K&L. I love working with feral kittens. It's such a challenge and the end result is very rewarding. I'll let you know how they turn out!

K & L
07-09-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm like you, I love working with ferals. And you're so right, the end result is so rewarding. Don't get me wrong, I love the tames also. It's just very few people that want to adopt and take the time to tame a feral. Guess I always go for the underdog (or should I say undercat)?

Please let me know how it goes!

moosmom
07-17-2002, 07:26 PM
It turns out that they weren't feral afterall. The woman whose deck they were living under took them instead since I'm in the middle of packing to move to Michigan.

The three little guys I do have are great. Except of course for Grumpy Dave. He's feral and probably will be to the end. He just does not trust humans. I've tried everything. So, he's being neutered on Saturday and then going to a wonderful home with 2 other feral cats he can be pals with. At least he can be outside where he wants to be.

The other two, Deke and Ozzie have come around and are the sweetest, most loveable babies I've seen yet. They both do head butts and rub their heads against my chin when I hold them. They both have homes and will be placed once they are neutered on Saturday as well. My job is done. It's a wonderful feeling but I will miss them. I was kinda hoping that Ozzie could come to Michigan with me. But it wasn't meant to be.