PDA

View Full Version : Ritzy strikes again

tuxluvr
07-08-2002, 05:38 PM
My spouse made a glass of iced tea today, set it on the living room floor and went back into the other room(this is typical and Ritzy usually ignores).

When he got back in, Ritz was sitting with one paw around the glass and the other ENTIRE FRONT LEG buried in the glass of water trying to fish something out. An ice cube? Who knows..

He went up to her and she turned around to give him that "caught in the act" look, then promptly went back at it again like he wasn't there....fervently working inside the glass. She was soaking wet down her tummy, the whole leg, her face.

What the heck was she doing?

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-08-2002, 06:16 PM
HA!! HA!!
SILLY MIZ. RITZY!!!!!
I bet that was so funny to see... lol... it makes me laugh tryin to picture it!!!http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2002, 01:22 AM
It sounds to me like she was just playing. Maybe she was hot and needed to cool off. :) Cats do some of the craziest things. :D My cats Sunny and Pepper play in their water dish almost every day. I put the waterdish in a clean litterbox so that it will catch the water. Sometimes there's an inch of water in the litterbox. Are my cats trying to go swimming? LOL http://www.plauder-smilies.de/lol2.gif

Former User
07-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

Making sure daddy had enough ice and his drink was well stirred!

Funny girl Ritz, I can picture this in my head and it's hilarious! :D :D :D

sasvermont
07-09-2002, 05:55 AM
:eek:

Pam
07-09-2002, 06:16 AM
Too bad you didn't get a picture of this! I hope there wasn't a bug in his drink! :eek: You know how cats just have to catch bugs! :eek: My Andy loves washing his feet in the water bowl. Unfortunately Trevor and Bella don't appreciate this very much. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Perhaps Ritzy saw a lemon pip in the glass and was worried that her poppa would get the pip stuck in his throat and choke on it. You see, she was in fact saving her poppa life! I hope she was rewarded appropriately!

Randi
07-09-2002, 09:14 AM
It must have looked hilarious! :D When it's hot here, I fill up a little bowl with water in bathroom, but Fister drinks it instead of of stepping into it! :rolleyes:

Ritzy is a smart kitty! ;)

tuxluvr
07-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Too bad you didn't get a picture of this! I hope there wasn't a bug in his drink! :eek: You know how cats just have to catch bugs! :eek: My Andy loves washing his feet in the water bowl. Unfortunately Trevor and Bella don't appreciate this very much. :rolleyes:

You know, that was my first reaction. He said he was laughing so hard he didn't think to grab the camera. We keep the air conditioning pretty cool so I don't thing she was hot...it was very much like her behavior when "bugging", but a close inspection of the contents didn't reveal any critters. Iced tea laced with cat hair, though, is not pretty..

Because she buried her whole arm in the full glass, some of the tea and one of the ice cubes came out the top and onto the carpet (which is a dark color so not too much damage)

Hubby lifted Ritzy out and was worried about her licking off and ingesting all that tea and sugar, so he toweled her down thoroughly. She spent the next two hours grooming......she was a little more hyper than usual last night

silly kitty!:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Adding in her own brand of flavor and stirring with some kitty lovin'!:rolleyes: :D

NoahsMommy
07-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Adding in her own brand of flavor and stirring with some kitty lovin'!:rolleyes: :D

"Would you like raspberry, passionfruit or kitty flavored iced tea??" hee hee :D

Such a funny kitty Ritzy!!!