PDA

View Full Version : my sons job might be on the line...

carole
04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
As many of you know my son scott shifted up to the big smoke Auckland city nearly a year ago to be with his partner Amber, he got a job very quickly, however he really hates it there, the boss is an Ass,everyone thinks so and the turnover of staff is very high,scott has been applying for new jobs, but no luck so far,however he just found out yesterday the company has been sold and he has to go for an interview this thursday to see if he gets to keep his job,it is a stressful time for him ahead, he is hoping to retain his employment, as now it has changed hands things might improve, and get better, scott was fustrated with his employer as he would not change with the times, and update technology which would have cost initially but the pay back would have been worth it etc etc,now the company will be merging with another and is being bought back by the original owner,so fingers and paws crossed and good thoughts from you all would be much appreciated thanks.

davidpizzica
04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh Carole! Big Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers are with Scott as he struggles with what might happen. Also prayers to you Sis and the rest of your family so that the worries you're going through become less and less. {{{{HUGS}}}}

ramanth
04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Lots of luck and prayers for Scott!

lizbud
04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Lots of luck and prayers for Scott!

Same from me too. I hope things turn out better than he could have
imagined. :)

cyber-sibes
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I'll add your son to my prayers. My son Dan lost his job last week, after working for this company for almost a year. They kept telling him they were going to make him "full time-permanent", but kept him as "seasonal-temporary". Gee, imagine that, they don't have to pay benefits to "temporary" workers and just hire new crews each year. I keep telling him he will find something better too.

joycenalex
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
oh i hope i hope i hope!

finn's mom
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow, Carole! That would be a tough spot to be in. :( I hope the new boss sees what he has in your son and that they are interested in moving forward with the times, but not totally obliterating the entire staff. Scary stuff! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Karen
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
My sister has had to re-interview for her job several times in the past couple years, as she works for a huge company that has been doing some restructuring. Hopefully, like her, Scott will not lose his job, and things will ge even better for him.

carole
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks my friends for your cheerful uplifting words, scott is being positive and reckons no point in getting all worked up about something you cannot change,and because of the merge it will depend on whether they will just keep a guy from the other company on and let him go, but my boy is a hard worker,i am sure he will swing it,both of them will be fine if it does happen until he finds something else, their budget will be very tight though, but they have worked it all out, worst case scenerio,both my hubby and i have been there ourselves not once but twice and it is awful, not wish it upon anyone.

I agree this could actually work out for the best yet, so here's hoping eh? will keep ya posted, he should know either friday or monday, your thursday or sunday.

moosmom
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Carole,

You're right when you say there's no sense in worrying over something you have no control over.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

carole
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes donna but he did not learn that from me, lol, i am the biggest worry wart alive i think, today is the day for his interview at his present job, but he texted me last night saying he had two other job interviews lined up, he had been looking for a new job for a while now, most were through recruitment centres, these two are not which is much better,so fingers and paws crossed,now would it not be great if he got offered all three,now that would be the icing on the cake wouldn't it? one can only but hope for a good outcome all round.

Just an update, heard from scott today, so far looking good, everyone before him had told them he was an excellent worker and his chance of loosing his job is almost nil, so that is a relief,however the deal is not official for the new company to go unconditional until the end of april, scott seemed to like the new boss too, however he is still going ahead with the job interview for another job tomorrow, might as well keep all his options open eh?