PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor's Cat

catlady1945
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
This beautiful guy is my neighbor's cat. When their elderly cat passed on, they made a trip to the Humane Society to make a donation. Before they left they decided to have a look at the cats. Here is the guy they came home with. They think he is part Maine Coon - he's very large and gentle.

Fuzzybuns
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
He's positivly loverly! Lucky neighbors...

I rescued Churchy, from some neglectful neighbors and he looks so much like this guy...aside from coloring. They have the same shape of face and eyes, Churchy is huge and he's still growing at almost 2 years old.
On his first vet trip, his new vet said that he's most definetly Maine Coon. He's 42 inches from paw to paw, with huge paws and a large head. I have a 27 pound blockhead of a guy but Churchy is quickly dwarfing him!
He's all full of things to talk about and he's incredibly affectionate. He's easily one of the best natured cats I've ever known and he loves me dearly...before he came to live here, I fed him daily and I would get half crunched lizards on my porch in return, lol.

catmandu
04-10-2007, 05:17 PM
He Certainly Has That Gentle Giant Look Aboyt Him, And He Looks As Though He Could Charm The Birds Right Out Of The Tree.
And That Was Great That Your Neighbors Chose An Older Cat.
They Sadly Sit There For A Long Time Before They Are Chosen.
We Are So Happy That That Big Fellow Now Has A Furr Ever Home.

Lizzie
04-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Doesn't he look happy to be home at last! And aren't we all wishing we could sink our face into that fuzzy tummy? I'm glad your neighbors didn't feel they needed to wait a long time before they adopted again. I know the heartache of loss lasts a long time, but I think you have to both acknowledge the loss and move on to save more. I feel sure they are going to have a wonderfully loving and playful cat for a long time to come.

Freedom
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Look at ALL that long fluffy fur! Oohhh, what a great kitty. He will be very happy.

Grace
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
he's very large and gentle.

And very handsome. Your neighbors are saints.

Catty1
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
What handsome boy....face like a gentle lion!

I am so happy this darling found a furrever home! :)

zoey
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
That looks like a heck of a special kitty! Gorgeous. :D

Laura's Babies
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
That one drew a long "OOOOOOooooooooooooooooo" from me and not many do that! You can tell by his face that he is ALL boy! What a HUNKA, HUNKA, BEAUTIFIL fluff! I can see why they brought that one home, who in their right mind, could walk away from him? WOW! STUNNING!