PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what to do regarding stray

emilysgk
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
There is a beautiful Tortie hanging around. I thought she was the neighbors... maybe she is?? Her weight dont look bad, but she is always out and I always see her in my garbage and she been hanging close to my house a lot. She has a circle of fur gone on her upper tail too though. Around here the Humane society or animal control would put her strait to sleep. She wont come to me, but dont seem totally feral either. I could trap her... but then what? I cant take her to the vet at all and certainly cant keep her or risk infecting my cats with something. This is why I hate trailer parks!! I cant afford to feed her and the other million cats. And really with the way she looks im pretty sure she gets food somewhere besides my garbage. The other day I walked past her and she had some chicken strips out of the garbage... I just told her to enjoy them after I tried calling her and she gave me an evil look with a string of drool coming off her mouth. :(

Laura's Babies
04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Awww! It just breaks your heart to see them scrounging for food. Sounds to me like there is nothing much you can do except perhaps put out scraps for her? Maybe make her a warm dry place to sleep outside?

catmandu
04-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Theres nothing worse than seeing poor neglected Cats eating out of the garbage.You are not certain or not if they belong to somebody or not, and if you are wrong then they are in danger.
Thats what happened to Nugget, Tiger and Scratchy all Big Cats who ran out of luck while eating off the porch.
Now if I see a Cat like that hes POOFED.
I took in Tubster as there was no space for him elsewhere and I didnt want him to die too.
Please if you can put out anything for that Tortie as she needs all the help that she can get. If you go to Pet Food Stores you can get free sample bags.
We are praying for this poor hungry Cat, and all the homeless stray ones.

carole
04-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Very hard to sit back and watch hungry kitties, at least she does not sound like she is in bad shape, you cannot save them all, but just do the best you can, if you can provide a little extra food, then do so, but remember if you move on she will be left not having that extra food, so be careful about your decisions,is there not a shelter close by , a no kill one that might beable to take her, otherwise ask around and see if she does indeed belong to someone.

AbbyMom
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Emily, sorry I don't remember exactly...but did you say in an earlier post that you've had difficulty getting help from local rescues? Because that would be my first suggestion.

The rescue that I used to volunteer for would come out and help out in a situation like this. They trapped many cats at a trailer park and also went door to door to talk to the owners about responsibilities.

If that's not possible, then as Carole says...just do the best you can. Table scraps may mean the difference.

Thank you for caring.