PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Rosie.. she has a problem.

CountryWolf07
04-09-2007, 12:02 PM
My parents had to take Rosie to the vet; because she was in so much pain.. and they found out that she has chronic back problems.. :( I just feel bad for the poor girl who has to suffer that for the rest of her life. Although I did not know that beagles do suffer from back problems.. which was new to me. She used to be so active and now she's just all quiet and always sleeping. She will be 5 years old next month. (Let's not forget Anna, she will be 9.)

Here's a picture of Rosie:

http://xs414.xs.to/xs414/07151/linear005.jpg

Ginger's Mom
04-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Aw, poor Rosie. Can't they give her some sort of medicine that will help with the pain? Or would hydrotherapy help?

Reachoutrescue
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Poor little Rosie. I was wondering about medicine too. Can't the vet give her something? Can't anything be done? She is very young and has a long life ahead of her, can't they let her live it with out pain?

Cincy'sMom
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Poor Rosie!!! Hopefully they can find some supplements or meds that will give her some reflief.

I was not aware of the chronic back problems Beagles often have until recently. My BILs Meagle mix rupture 2 discs in his back and had to have surgery. It has been about 6 weeks since his surgery and he is doing ery well, but a young pup of 4 has to unlearn some of his favorite things...jumping up to greet family, sleeping onthe bed or furniture, tough play...

pitc9
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh the poor little baby!
I hope there is a way to help ease her pain.

petslover
04-09-2007, 04:38 PM
She looks like she is in so much pain. I hope there is something that the vet can do to ease her pain.

CountryWolf07
04-09-2007, 04:52 PM
The vet gave my parents medication for her; but it just makes her so sick enough to throw up and sleep all day; it is just too strong for her. They cut down the dosage the other day, and so far, it seems to be working but it still makes her feel sick -- she doesn't deserve to have back problems, she is my little baby.

Cinder & Smoke
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Time for you to make a New Friend = a VET Student at OSU!

The OSU Vet School would be an excellent place to look at Rosie.

Good Luck with her!

ramanth
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Poor Rosie. I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling well. 5 seems so young. Kia will be 9 this year like Anna.

cyber-sibes
04-10-2007, 10:17 AM
We'll keep paws crossed & prayers going for little Rosie. That picture of her is so sweet. 5 seems pretty young to have chronic back problems, but maybe she injured herself somehow when she was younger. Phred mentioned contacting the OSU vet school - that's an excellent suggestion - they save my cat's life many years ago. They will be up on all the latest technology there, too. (also easier on the pocketbook)
I didn't realize Anna was going to be 9, Star turned 10 in Jan.

Kfamr
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Poor little Rosie. :( Hope she gets better soon.

tikeyas_mom
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
poor Rosie!!! I will prey for your back to feel better soon sweet little girl!!! :(:(

wolf_Q
04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Rachel I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. :( I hope you'll be able to find something to help Rosie with her pain.

anna_66
04-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Aw Rachel, I'm really sorry to hear the meds are still making her sick. I really hope they can find something that will help her yet not upset her tummy.
Prayers headed Rosie's way.

Vela
04-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Poor little girl. I sure hope you guys are able to find something to help her without making her tummy so sick =( Poor baby. Prayers heading her way that she gets better soon!

*LabLoverKEB*
04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh no! Poor little Rosie! I will be keeping her in my prayers, that will get better very, very soon. :( :(

captain
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

She looks so lovely wrapped in that blanket ... :D

Alysser
04-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Not poor Rosie :( I feel so sad for the sweet little girl! She's so young to get such problems. It must be so painful. I hope she's ok.

CountryWolf07
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
She's doing better, from what my parents have told me. She's still in pain, but it'll be like that for the rest of her life; so no more jumping, no more sleeping on the bed/couch, so she has to get used to sleeping on the floor and just accept it. She whines quite constantly for attention when she wants to be cuddled or be with someone.. I might go home this weekend to see her, not sure yet.

Daisy and Delilah
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
We want to send some big kisses and hugs to Rosie!! Feel better sweetie. Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
She's still in pain, but it'll be like that for the rest of her life;
so no more jumping, no more sleeping on the bed/couch,
so she has to get used to sleeping on the floor and just accept it.

She whines quite constantly for attention ...

Being in pain for the rest of her life sounds a bit harsh! :(

Any thought being given to taking her to the OSU Vet School for further diagnaosis
and treatment? Forever could be a long time to be in pain.

/s/ Phred