View Full Version : Strange encounter for Lily! :)

Kirsten
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Today, an old friend of mine who's now living in the South of Germany came to visit, and she brought her 13 month old son with her. My girls haven't seen too many toddlers in their lives, so Luna did what I expected her to do: she disappeared and only showed up now and then to take a look - but from a safe distance, of course!

Lily, however, was different, she came to greet Tim the cat way (with her nose to his nose, sniffing), it was very cute. The little boy did instinctively the right thing; he reached out his hand and let her sniff his fingers, and after that, she gave him nose-kissies. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of this very special moment. The one I posted was taken several minutes later.

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily173.jpg

Kirsten

lvpets2002
04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
;) Yup this is cute & sweet.. You need to frame this capture..

Laura's Babies
04-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Awwww! That is so sweet and so cute! It amazes me how some will run and hide while others want to investigate. Mine do the same. Giz is in love with my great grandson and soo is Kitty Boo, the other two girls could care less.

Killearn Kitties
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
How very sweet! Brave Lily! :D

Medusa
04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
How precious!

catmandu
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
And That Young Fellow Is Quite Polite And Knows Instinctivley Not To Rush Lily And To Let Her Sniff Him First.
I Think That In Canada And The U S The Children Would Rush Towards The Cat , More Often That Not.
Thats A Great Photo That You Can Give That Young Fellow Yeras From Now So He Can Treasure It.

Randi
04-13-2007, 04:38 PM
That is so cute, I'm sure Tim will grow up to be a catlover! :)

When John and I had Sir Patrick in our old place, we were looking after my friends 3 week old baby. The minute she started moving, Patrick was terrified and ran. LOL!

Btw, the girl is now 22 and lives just around the corner from me. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Awwww, how precious!!

Reachoutrescue
04-14-2007, 11:53 AM
That is so cute! The baby is adorable, and Lily is just beautiful.

Edwina's Secretary
04-14-2007, 12:14 PM
"hello kitty!' says Tiny Tim.....

phesina
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
How sweet! And how nice to see a child who instinctively know how to be so good meeting a cat.. a child who just might grow up to be a Pet Talker!

Pat

catnapper
04-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Lily,
You are such a sweet girl. No wonder Pouncer loves you so much! He too is very nice to the little hooman in this house, even though the one that lives here tries to rip out his fur. :)

Kirsten, she is really such a sweet little inquisitive girl. What a great photo!

momcat
04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Lily is most definitely the hostess with the mostest! How sweet of her to greet this little guest so gently that Tim wasn't afraid of her. It's wonderful to see such a small child not try to grab at Lily like so many tend to do. Baby Tim appears to be a born animal lover! Perhaps when he's older, Tim and Lily will be great play-mates!