PDA

View Full Version : A Shelter a Month...

crow_noir
04-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Someone on Care2 had a really good idea. Have a board... pick a VERY desperate organization that helps animals, and each member donates $1 a month to the cause.

Problem is, over 100 people joined the group and only about five are donating. The owner got discouraged and is thinking about closing down the group.

Please go check it out and see if it is something you'd be interested in.
www.care2.com/c2c/group/HelpingSheltersHelpAnimals (http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/HelpingSheltersHelpAnimals)

Tell them Koli sent you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Personal thoughts:

I think it would be better if PARTICIPATING members were allowed to vote on the next month's organization.

I agree with one member who said that in the very least by keeping the group open people learn out about little known organizations they never would have heard of before.

#3: I keep wondering if PT members would be interested in something like that? (Or if Karen and Paul would appreciate having a donation box sent up for them. ...or they could be the group of the month every so often?)

Rachel
04-07-2007, 05:43 PM
As this site is Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, Pet of the Day, maybe each month Paul and Karen could post a Shelter of the Month as a sticky in General. Then members could send their contribution directly to that shelter with a note that it was a Pet Talk contribution. Since the contributions would be small, the shelter wouldn't need to send out acknowledgements to every person who donates, just let Karen and Paul know what the total was from PT members for the month.

Maybe since we have members from so many various places, the Shelter of the Month could be recommended by a member selected by Karen and Paul. Just one idea. Maybe others could input what their ideas/suggestions would be.

crow_noir
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Due to lack of participation the group was closed down and restarted. here is the new link www.care2.com/c2c/group/AnimalsInNeedAshelterAmonth (http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/AnimalsInNeedAshelterAmonth)

And for the record, I really like Rachel's idea.

(Though I'd prefer it to be something like they give us between one to five to vote on. Only people donating could vote or something like that.)