PDA

View Full Version : New use for the Bite-Not collar...

Glacier
04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
The Bite-Not collar is an alternative to an e-collar for dogs(I think they make little ones for cats too, but I can't imagine getting it on a cat!) It works like a cervical collar. Dog can't turn his head enough to lick or chew at an injury, but can still see, eat and move freely. That's the theory anyway. My Anvik begs to differ!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/bitenot.jpg
Sophia thinks the collar is a pretty cozy cat bed!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/bitenot2.jpg
She spent all morning in her 'cat tunnel'!

DrKym
04-06-2007, 10:03 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! thats it I am on the next plane out! says Here kitty kitty! ;)

critter crazy
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Awwww....how sweet!! ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Adorable! I dont believe I have seen your kitty before. What is her history? ;)

cassiesmom
04-06-2007, 10:14 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! thats it I am on the next plane out! says Here kitty kitty! ;)

Wait up Dr. G., I'm with you! (grabs Aerobed and PJ's) Glacier, I am reeeeeeally good at washing pet bowls and keeping cat boxes clean.

Glacier
04-06-2007, 10:22 PM
What is her history? ;)

Sophia is my newest kitty. She's been here a couple weeks now. She was dumped in the forest and fortunately found before a predator ate her. Someone brought her to the local shelter. She had a horrible gum/tooth infection. Her little face was all swollen and she was miserable. I was at the shelter one day to see a friend who works there. She showed me Sophia, then called Princess. I sent a scathing email to the Board of Directors about how no cat in Humane Society care should be left to suffer like that. (My hubby is on the board so he got an earful too!) She very quickly got the dental care she needed. She lost all her teeth except her fangs.

I couldn't stop thinking about her so I eventually brought her home. Once her mouth didn't hurt anymore, a very sweet, affectionate kitty emerged.

DrKym
04-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Wait up Dr. G., I'm with you! (grabs Aerobed and PJ's) Glacier, I am reeeeeeally good at washing pet bowls and keeping cat boxes clean.
Ok we will split the cat box duty and for our reward we get to play with the new pup too! and of course I call anvik as my bunk mate ;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2007, 11:03 PM
LOL How cute.:)

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Well :rolleyes:

Sophia came up with a better use than I imagined after spotting this thread title.

Of course, I always think the worst has happened ...

I figgured Tamara busted an arm and needed a "splint" ...
"Anvik! Go fetch your Byte-Not for Mommy!"

<DASH> - <snatch> - <re-dash> -
"Here, Mom. Need sum help puttin it on?"

Oh well ... a Kat Bed isn't as dramatic; but less painful.

:D

Glacier
04-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Well :rolleyes:

Sophia came up with a better use than I imagined after spotting this thread title.

Of course, I always think the worst has happened ...

I figgured Tamara busted an arm and needed a "splint" ...
"Anvik! Go fetch your Byte-Not for Mommy!"

<DASH> - <snatch> - <re-dash> -
"Here, Mom. Need sum help puttin it on?"

Oh well ... a Kat Bed isn't as dramatic; but less painful.

:D

LOL, you better not have just jinxed me! It's been a long time since I broke anything more major than a finger. My Mom always says that when I was a kid it wasn't really spring until I got my annual cast on!

PS: Dr.G: Anvik has to sleep in a crate. Not trustworthy with his feline siblings! He does have an extra-large one, but it might not be too comfy for you! Chum is a much better snuggle buddy at night!

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2007, 08:54 AM
LOL, you better not have just jinxed me!
It's been a long time ...

:eek:
:o

Perish the thought!
I meant no malice nor ill will! :o

I'll dig out my Good Luck charms and *rub* em whilst facing north west ...
Feel the Good Vibes and worry not!

/s/ :o Phred

jennielynn1970
04-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Sophia is just to precious for words! What a doll!

catmandu
04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Its Amazing How Cats Can Adapt Anything Fot Thier Own Use.
Cats Can Make Good Use Of Just About Anything That You Have.

DrKym
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Now do you think I am going to turn down any of your snuggle bunnies? I will just lay my pallet next to my buddy Anviks crate , cuddle up with Chum and get rested for servitute to the dual Princesses! ;)

cassiesmom
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Now do you think I am going to turn down any of your snuggle bunnies? I will just lay my pallet next to my buddy Anviks crate , cuddle up with Chum and get rested for servitute to the dual Princesses! ;)

I'll put the Aero Bed in the room with Dr. G. and her pallet and Anvik's crate. In addition to pet dishes and cat boxes I can also propel a vacuum cleaner (a necessary skill with a very fluffy kitty).

kt_luvs_kitties
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I am glad that you took her in! And that Sophia is feeling so much better. She looks happy. Lucky kitty! :D

catnapper
04-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Why do we not see more pictures of this stunning brown tabby girl? She is sooo sweet and pretty. and definately putting that collar to a good use. :)