PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...

Puckstop31
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
In a effort to get my mind off (briefly) the passing of my beloved Teddy...

Has Nancy Pelosi committed a felony offence for her visit to Syria?

http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110009908

The most telling part of the article...

"The U.S. is in the midst of two wars authorized by Congress. For Ms. Pelosi to flout the Constitution in these circumstances is not only shortsighted; it may well be a felony, as the Logan Act has been part of our criminal law for more than two centuries. Perhaps it is time to enforce the law."

Discuss... :)

Marigold2
04-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I am so sorry about Teddy.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 04:28 AM
Yep....I reckon she has broken the law alright....she's broken the legal laws of your country by going against the terms of your constitution.
This woman has done nothing less or more than consort with the enemies of your country. I slot her into the Hanoi Jane, Robbins and Coulter wastepaper basket, along with all the other trash that deserves to be thrown out.
This Pelosi.....is she for real ???? She is gonna talk to them ???? To people who strap bombs to their babies ??? To people who place bombs in University cafeterias and hide behind women and schoolchildren ????
I think this Pelosi creature requires a great deal of therapy !!!!! And then you can lock her up and throw the keys away.
Wombat

Grace
04-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Don't forget to castigate the 3 Republican congressmen who traveled with her - Robert Aderholt, Frank Wolf, Joseph Pitts.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Don't forget to castigate the 3 Republican congressmen who traveled with her - Robert Aderholt, Frank Wolf, Joseph Pitts.

Oops....typo Grace....it's spelt....CASTRATE !!! ;)

Puckstop31
04-07-2007, 08:29 AM

I have no problem with that at all... I could care less for the words "Republican" or "Democrat" and I believe those who do...well...are just silly.

Career politicians are the problem. SHORT term limits for all. Make this a government OF the people again.

joycenalex
04-07-2007, 08:46 AM
puckstop, do you think there should be term limits for the congress? ohio has them for the house, senate and governor, other states do as well.

joycenalex
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
...CASTRATE !!! ;)
wombat, there is an extensive list of politicans who may be improved by castrating them. there are also others who would be improving society by being castrated. :p

Grace
04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Oops....typo Grace....it's spelt....CASTRATE !!! ;)

Whoops....typo Wombat.......it is spelled/spelt CASTIGATE, meaning to criticize severely. That's what I said; that's what I meant.

Catsnclay
04-07-2007, 01:09 PM
:o I kinda liked the 'castrate' idea, too! :o :eek:

Puckstop31
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
puckstop, do you think there should be term limits for the congress? ohio has them for the house, senate and governor, other states do as well.

Absolutely. I would like to see a 2 term maximum for both houses of Congress.

Grace
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Absolutely. I would like to see a 2 term maximum for both houses of Congress.

I agree, and add to it one 6 year term for the President. Too much wasted time and money these days campaigning.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Whoops....typo Wombat.......it is spelled/spelt CASTIGATE, meaning to criticize severely. That's what I said; that's what I meant.

How about we just do both and be done with it !!!! ;)
Wom

Grace
04-07-2007, 09:16 PM
How about we just do both and be done with it !!!! ;)
Wom

Sounds good to me - which should we do first http://bestsmileys.com/medical/2.gif

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Sounds good to me - which should we do first http://bestsmileys.com/medical/2.gif

Well we could just try it on Puckstop.....as a prototype you understand !!!
Oops....sorry Puck.....I'm just jokin man!!!! ;)
Wom

joycenalex
04-08-2007, 07:42 AM
i'm also admiring the british example of short campaigns. this multiyear campaign for the white house is already making me feel nauseated, and by ALL the candidates. how can country wide nausea be good? except for the tums makers that is.