PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air Balloon Ride Pictures

Dixieland Dancer
07-07-2002, 08:48 PM
It was a truly amazing adventure! The morning air was so perfect and calm. We soared for almost 2 hours and went 20 miles. Our highest height was about 1,500 feet. Anyone who is afraid of heights has nothing to worry about since you never get the feeling of being disconnected from the ground. As we left the ground I didn't even realize we were moving except things were getting smaller and smaller. I recommend this adventure to anyone!

Here is a couple pictures from up in the air. You can see the balloon shadow on the hillsides of Pennsylvania!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p0b2db12909153043c797f2d1a976d42a/fd908db4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p8d25512d4ac344a5119d81c7238ecac7/fd908db7.jpg

Click here (http://community.webshots.com/album/42910880TWBkyc) if you want to see more pictures

zippy-kat
07-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Glad you had such fun!! It looks like a blast!

Great pics too! My favorites are #15, 20, 21 - 25 in your webshots album! Sooo neat!

Cincy'sMom
07-07-2002, 09:48 PM
How gorgeous! What a great present!!!

Karen
07-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Really cool - it must have been so much fun! We ALMOST got to go on a hot air baloon ride once, but the event got rained out. :(

aly
07-07-2002, 10:39 PM
How exciting for you! The pictures are beautiful. I like to have my feet on solid ground so I'm satisfied living the experience through your pictures :)

07-08-2002, 04:47 AM
I told ye it woulf be fantastic !!!
No reason to be nervous hey !!

lynnestankard
07-08-2002, 06:11 AM
WONDERFUL!!!!!

Pam
07-08-2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by aly
How exciting for you! The pictures are beautiful. I like to have my feet on solid ground so I'm satisfied living the experience through your pictures :)

Candy the pictures are beautiful and I am glad you had such a nice time. Unfortunately I agree with Aly and will also enjoy the experience through your pictures! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-08-2002, 06:56 AM
Great Pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful experience.

Logan
07-08-2002, 07:01 AM
I'm envious!!!! I think that would be an incredibly fun thing to do, Candy!! I'm so glad you had such a good time. :D

Ann
07-08-2002, 07:25 AM
Neat! Glad you had a good time :)

Randi
07-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Great pictures! I'm glad you have a wonderful trip. How many were you in the balloon? I bet it was getting chilly up there!?

Thanks for sharing! :)

anna_66
07-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Oh that is so cool & the pics were great!
I think that would be one of the funnest things to do, I'm glad you had such an awesome time!

Dixieland Dancer
07-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Great pictures! I'm glad you have a wonderful trip. How many were you in the balloon? I bet it was getting chilly up there!?

Thanks for sharing! :)

We had 8 in the balloon. Believe it or not, the temperture was warmer up there than it was on the ground. A couple of reason why I guess is heat rises and every time the pilot gave the balloon a blast of propane and the fire shot up in the balloon, you could feel it. Sometimes it was actually getting pretty warm up there!! :rolleyes:

When we landed it was in a bunch of trees. We had to have the chase team pull us out. It was quite an adventurous landing. Still it was not scary. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Dixieland Dancer -

What fun and what fabulous photos. I did the hot air ballon ride years ago while visiting my cousin in Albuquerque. We had to get up REAL early in the morning and just hope we could "jump on." What I remember most clearly (other than the champagne they pour over your head as a first timer!) is the smell of the earth and the sensation of being as one with the wind. You put it so well -- "not being diconnected." For me there was not a sense of movement because you are "in the wind."

It's a memory to be cherished!

Dixieland Dancer
07-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
We had to get up REAL early in the morning and just hope we could "jump on." What I remember most clearly (other than the champagne they pour over your head as a first timer!) is the smell of the earth and the sensation of being as one with the wind. You put it so well -- "not being diconnected." For me there was not a sense of movement because you are "in the wind."

It's a memory to be cherished!

It is a memory to be cherished. We got up at 4:00 am since we had to travel about 1 1/2 hours to get to the launch site. We didn't have the champagne poured over our heads though. We DRANK IT!!! About 9:00 am in the morning and we were drinking champagne. :eek: The wind was blowing so gently that we didn't even have any rocking. It was so peaceful, serene and beautiful!!! :D

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Oh I bet the view was breath taking. Did you have lots of fun? I hope that you enjoyed it enough for all of us here at Pet talk. Ha!

NoahsMommy
07-08-2002, 02:18 PM
How wonderful!! Those pictures are so beautiful!! I am so glad you enjoyed your balloon ride!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-08-2002, 06:27 PM
OMG!!!
I don't think I could ever do that... I am way too scared of heights!!! Your pictures are just beautiful however, thanks for sharing them... Glad you had fun... you are so brave! :)

Cinder & Smoke
07-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey Dixie & Dusty ~

Did you guyz get ta go onna Balloon Ride??

Prolly not... :(
WE nebber get ta go onna neat tripz an stuff, either :mad:.

Tell yer Mom to look at this neat site ~
Tellz all about How a Hot Air Balloon werkz...

http://www.howstuffworks.com/hot-air-balloon.htm

AmberLee
07-09-2002, 03:10 PM
What marvelous photos. I almost feel like I've been on your balloon flight with you! Thank you for sharing them.