PDA

View Full Version : Omg

wombat2u2004
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I was just listening to the radio.
The song they were playing was "Sorry" by The Easybeats. Now it has to be at least 30 years since I heard that song.
Wow....that really blew me away. Anyone else remember that song ????
Wombat

DrKym
04-06-2007, 04:58 PM
The one that goes ..I'm sorry.oh so sorry.........??

wombat2u2004
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
The one that goes ..I'm sorry.oh so sorry.........??

Nope....I'll try and find it on You tube...post it.
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Nahhhhh......all they got is the Straydogs doing it....not bad tho.
Geez....I'm really showing my age now !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue-4QkiC1LU

Wom

DrKym
04-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Well you haven't heard it in 30 years and this is the first time I have ever heard it! My grandkids will be impressed that I am not ancient :p

Lilith Cherry
04-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I remember dancing to it Wom, back in my far distant youth :) Do you remember "She's so fine" too?

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 04:31 AM
I remember dancing to it Wom, back in my far distant youth :) Do you remember "She's so fine" too?

Oh yes....that was a great song....and "Friday on my Mind"....that was my favourite. I used to love the Easybeats.....such a great group.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Well you haven't heard it in 30 years and this is the first time I have ever heard it! My grandkids will be impressed that I am not ancient :p

Doc....you've never heard that song ????
Well....of what use are you then ???? Hmmmmm ????? :rolleyes:
Wom

mugsy
04-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Sorry Wom...I've never heard it either! lol I also dread telling you that I have never heard of the Easybeats either! I am so deprived! :p ;)

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Sorry Wom...I've never heard it either! lol I also dread telling you that I have never heard of the Easybeats either! I am so deprived! :p ;)

Hmmmmmm....you're forgiven Mugsy....it may have been a bit before your time.
I think from memory they were around...hmmmmmm...1966 to 1969.
They were such a great group.
Wom

mugsy
04-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Well, I do have working memories of that time since I was 5 in 1966! Now Mike, on the other hand, wasn't born until 1969! He always tells me that Moses presided at my graduation, so you know how he is! ;) I will ask my sisters about them too...one is 9 years older than I and one is 7 years older.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Well, I do have working memories of that time since I was 5 in 1966! Now Mike, on the other hand, wasn't born until 1969! He always tells me that Moses presided at my graduation, so you know how he is! ;) I will ask my sisters about them too...one is 9 years older than I and one is 7 years older.

Oh ...your sisters would probably remember them.
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Oh this is great.....I'm having an Easybeats day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8

Wom

cassiesmom
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I was listening to the "Big Eighties Lunch" on the radio today. They played a bunch of songs I remember from high school. (example "Borderline" by Madonna) - I graduated from high school in 1983 and I felt really old after hearing those songs again! I guess I'm not so young anymore.

dukedogsmom
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh this is great.....I'm having an Easybeats day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8

Wom
I love that song! Hadn't heard it in forever.

Marigold2
04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Bit before my time but still a very enjoyable, innocent, upbeat song. I do remember it. That music was all about love, lust, finding happiness, getting together with friends, wonderful stuff. Now these god awful rap songs talk about killing, raping, and all kinds of stupid hateful things. It's not even music, it's hatred set to a beat.

Randi
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I used to love Easybeats, I was in London at the time they were around (69). Also saw The Stones in Hyde Park. Great times!! :D

Here's another good old Rockin' Roll song I love! Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_LbGKil3Go

wombat2u2004
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I love that song! Hadn't heard it in forever.

It's a shame that group broke up though.....they were so good.
Some of the members had a few comebacks, but they never got off the ground really. One of them I believe went to the States and is producing music still. But the rest of them fizzled out.
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
That music was all about love, lust, finding happiness, getting together with friends, wonderful stuff.

Thats Australian for ya....LOL
Wom

dukedogsmom
04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I used to love Easybeats, I was in London at the time they were around (69). Also saw The Stones in Hyde Park. Great times!! :D
You are one lucky dog! I would have loved to have been there. But, alas, I was only 5 at the time. I sometimes wish I'd been born quite a bit earlier. I know I would have been a hippie. Would have had a blast at Woodstock.

wombat2u2004
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM

Here's another good old Rockin' Roll song I love! Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_LbGKil3Go

Oh yes...Alvin Lee was good.....I still have a couple of his 12" LP's when he was with his group "Ten Years After"....good stuff....he's a very good guitarist.
Wombat

Marigold2
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine

I told her that I was a flop with chics
I've been this way since 1956
She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign
She said, now What you need is Love Potion Number Nine

She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink
She said, I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink
It smelled like turpentine, it looked like Indian ink
I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink

I didn't know if it was day or night
I started kissin' everything in sight
But when I kissed a cop down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
He broke my little bottle of Love Potion Number Nine

I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink

I didn't know if it was day or night
I started kissin' everything in sight
But when I kissed a cop down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
He broke my little bottle of Love Potion Number Nine

Love Potion Number Nine
Love Potion Number Nine
Love Potion Number Nine
I love this song.

wombat2u2004
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Bit before my time but still a very enjoyable, innocent, upbeat song. I do remember it. That music was all about love, lust, finding happiness, getting together with friends, wonderful stuff. Now these god awful rap songs talk about killing, raping, and all kinds of stupid hateful things. It's not even music, it's hatred set to a beat.

Mon....you like British Rock.
Go take a look at this guy....Ian Anderson from "Jethro Tull".....this was a vid taken at Madison Square Gardens......good music !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toHlMD50eYY

Enjoy.
Wom

Marigold2
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh gosh I love Ian Anderson. I named my son Ian after Ian Gillian of Deep Purple cause I thought he was so smoking hot. I still have Jethro Tull's CD in my car, Aqualung. It doesn't get much cooler than that my friend. Now the coolest song I think I ever heard was from the Doors it was called Roadhouse. Talk about hot, smoking uber sexy. Good gravy we used to have fun with that song. Also George Thorogood, Bad to the Bone. Hey he wrote that for me and my sister/best friend Kim. Cause we be bad. Also Coldshot by Stevie Vangh. Rock on dude rock on.

wombat2u2004
04-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh gosh I love Ian Anderson. I named my son Ian after Ian Gillian of Deep Purple cause I thought he was so smoking hot. I still have Jethro Tull's CD in my car, Aqualung. It doesn't get much cooler than that my friend. Now the coolest song I think I ever heard was from the Doors it was called Roadhouse. Talk about hot, smoking uber sexy. Good gravy we used to have fun with that song. Also George Thorogood, Bad to the Bone. Hey he wrote that for me and my sister/best friend Kim. Cause we be bad. Also Coldshot by Stevie Vangh. Rock on dude rock on.

George Thorogood was good.....not all of his music....but selected songs.
I have one CD by Stevie Ray Vaughn.....bit disappointed in that, so I never play it. I think one of your best rock and rollers is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.....he was very heavily influenced by "The Byrds" from the sixties, one of my favourite groups from that time, Tom Petty's style of music is very similar, thats why I like him.
Jethro Tull's Aqualung is probably one of there best albums, but there is a few other good ones. "Minstrel in the Gallery" is probably one of their better songs.............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yD3GirKFk
Wom

Randi
04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh, the memories you bring back! :D There were so much good music! Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jethro Tull, Doors, Deep Purple, Tom Petty etc.

Yes, I was lucky to be a teenager in the sixties, and to be in London in 69, but John was more lucky. He had Doors, Procol Harum, Earth (later Black Sabbath), Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and Ten Years After etc. visiting him in his photo atelier in those days.

Did you know that Ian Anderson is a catlover? Se link!

http://www.hdw-inc.com/ian2.htm

wombat2u2004
04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Oh, the memories you bring back! :D There were so much good music! Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jethro Tull, Doors, Deep Purple, Tom Petty etc.

Yes, I was lucky to be a teenager in the sixties, and to be in London in 69, but John was more lucky. He had Doors, Procol Harum, Earth (later Black Sabbath), Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and Ten Years After etc. visiting him in his photo atelier in those days.

Did you know that Ian Anderson is a catlover? Se link!

http://www.hdw-inc.com/ian2.htm

Wow !!!! Look at Ian Anderson now !!!! Has he had a haircut ??? Or has his hair fallen out kinda naturally ??? LOL.
Wombat